Best Mario RPG

• Thread starter King A.R.K
  • Start date
King A.R.K

King A.R.K

Mr.Awesome
Towns Folk
Paper Mario Is My Favorite Mario And Luigi Was Boring In My Opinion And I Didnt Like The Mechanics Or Stories In Those Games .. This A Crossover For Mario And Luigi And Paper Mario I Want To See How That Turns Out So Yeah Paper Mario Is My Favorite Wats Your Like And Reply

I like paper Mario because I don't have any of the Mario and luigi games. Also A.R.K, don't use caps at the beginning of EVERY word. It Looks Bad Like This.

I liked Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, even though I didn't have the chance to beat it. In that case, I also liked Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. It was a good step up for Partners in Time, with Bowser being your partner instead of Baby Mario and Luigi. Good story and I liked those levels when Bowser turned giant.

My favorite Mario RPG was the original Paper Mario. The game had so many unique and amazing moments, and with one of the most emotional stories to back it up. All the character felt well-developed and had personalities unlike anything seen in a Nintendo game up to that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bowser's inside story is where it is at. It was the 3rd game in the franchise, and it was going strong. You could play as bowser, there were new attacks, and Fawful was the main villain! The game also added ranks to the franchise, which balanced out how and when you were able to equip more gear. The game was great, fun, and has some of the best final battle music.

I love the old Paper Mario games like 64, TTYD, and Super Paper Mario. When I was little, my mom got me Super Paper Mario and it was different from TTYD, but I still loved to play it.

Super Mario RPG ALL THE WAY!

The Paper Mario series before Sticker Star.

Reactions: Danominator
The Paper Mario series before Sticker Star.
Yeeeeeeeaaaahhh...pretty much the same here. Along with Super Mario RPG. That...was a heck of a weird game.

I haven't really played any of the Paper Mario games as of yet. But I really like the Mario andLuigi Series.

My favourite would have to be Partners in Time. Mainly because each place ou visit is quite different from the other, introduces a new mechanic and adds something to add to the enjoyment, such as new Bros. Items, new moves etc.

While other games in the series do so as well, Partners in Time seems to do it exceptionally well.

I can't pick between these two so I'm going to put both, Super Mario RPG is a fantastic RPG with its weird characters hillarious story and a really fun battle system, and for these same reasons I also put Mario and Luigi: Bowser Inside Story, both of these games are fantastic and I have a blast everytime I play them. For RPG newcomers I would recommend Mario and Luigi more but both are good starting points

Paper Mario and The 1000 Year Door was truly an amazing RPG game! I lvoed the storyline and the mechanics that were used to level up and stage/play style. :)

The Thousand year door is for me. It's a lovely little game, and one of my favorites of all time.

Though I grow exceedingly tired of idiot fans yammering "Geno for Smash!" Super Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars was a pretty cool experience.

Reactions: Danominator and Duffy
I've only played a few Mario RPGs but I'd say it has to be Paper Mario Thousand Year Door. The story is great and there are some funny moments in there. There are some Bowser levels that keep the game from getting boring and the music is my favorite in the Mario series.
Superstar Saga was great too but there were some harder spots I didn't like and the boss battles were easier. Partners in Time was great but the final battle in that one is way too hard.

Reactions: Samster, Kitsune_Sakura64 and Duffy
Paper Mario. I have no idea, but they did it right.

Absolutely LOVE Paper Mario & the second one Thousand Year Door.
I didn't get to play Super Mario RPG growing up so these were my favorites. They're charming, the music is really nice & I liked the badge and partner systems.

Thousand year door is an amazing journey, and a masterpiece in storytelling. Gameplay pis great. And there are plenty of loveable characters. Bowsers inside story is good too, but the story is less memorable. I haven’t beat either of these games, but i have got to the final boss of thousand year door. One game i want people to think about though is super paper mario. It is different, but i like it alot because it focuses more on the main mario characters, mario, luigi, peach, and bowser. The worlds in super paper Mario are sometimes very strange and gets into some very dark and interesting topics.

Reactions: Duffy
My favorite was probably Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. I had lots of fun playing it when I was young. It had a big amount of skill involved too, and it certainly wasn't easy for me to finally complete it. I got confused at some parts even. Its a really cool and fun game.

I think that one of my personal favorites was Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. It has a great storyline, it wasn’t short at all, and had a wide variety of things to do besides the main story. Everything about it was amazing to me, but come to think of it, I distinctly remember dying at the final boss and never trying it again. Maybe I should go back to it...

Back