Betrayel

• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I'm just curious: Nintendo DID say this wasn't going to replace the Wii U and 3DS right? And would work with them? Didn't they just blatantly lie, I was at least hoping 1 person/company ect. wouldn't lie so easily...

As far as I know they only said it wouldn't replace the 3ds. (I could be wrong.) But it' been obvious for a while that the Wii U was dead or dying. Not that it was a bad console, but that support or it was being dropped. I don't think Nintendo Lied, but we'll ave to see if they do indeed keep the 3ds line going or merge everything onto the switch.

Reactions: Kakea
For all intents and purposes it isn't going to replace the Wii U or the 3DS so long as the lack of backwards compatibility rings true. If you can't play 3DS/Wii U games in it then it can never truly replace the systems, much like how a NES can't be replaced by a SNES.

The same comments were made about the DS not replacing the GBA, it's just PR talk, but not quite lying.

The Switch would be by all intents and purposes the succesor to both, replacing both development-wise.

Ah... I see, it's quite easy to assume the wrong thing...
They technically ARE betraying everyone: Production and support will stop for Wii U... I assume they MIGHT keep the 3DS in production, but making a console would, like you said... Replace them development wise.
They never lied, but it feels like they did :pompus:

Ah... I see, it's quite easy to assume the wrong thing...
They technically ARE betraying everyone: Production and support will stop for Wii U... I assume they MIGHT keep the 3DS in production, but making a console would, like you said... Replace them development wise.
They never lied, but it feels like they did :pompus:

Production, support and development changes aren't the same as replacements. Especially so if, again, BWC isn't present for the Switch.

Besides, it's unlikely they mean anything else in that context when saying "replace" because to assume that they are promising never to progress, evolve and continue making new products/consoles is insanity.

To be fair they are supporting the 3ds for quite a while. Even the WiiU is getting some new games (Breath of the Wild for one). It's just a shift in platform, something that all companies have to do. Look at The Last Guardian, it's necessary to get better games

Reactions: Kadaj, Pandaxclone2 and Blue Knight
That's what they said when DS came out , that Gameboy wouldn't be replaced and in the end Gameboy Micro was the last gameboy.

So yeah, Ninty always does this ; No matter how they said Wii U and 3DS aren't getting replaced , in the end Nintendo will forget them. Atleast they didn't sais Wii U/3DS would not replace Wii U and DS...

To be honest it depends if nintendo split handheld and console up again later on. Switch might just be a one time thing before they make a new line of consoles and ds's. Or Switch could be their new thing and they just continue it I.e Switch 2, Switch pro etc. But either way they're gonna end 3ds and wii u.

As far as I'm concerned it won't replace either. The Wii U had this coming imo. *thinks back to is the Wii U bad thread* Regardless, I will personally continue playing my 3DS although yes I may begin to neglect my Wii U, that's for an altogether different reason though, I felt there wasn't enough game releases. As far as I am concerned, no one system ever replaces another merely builds on a system based off the old one, that doesn't necessarily mean it is replacing it any sense. In fact, every system has it's pros and cons. I think both the Wii U and 3DS will still stay relevant (or at the very least the 3DS will) for a good while after the Switch is released.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
The Wii U is indeed going out, as its production is Japan is ending soon. The U.S. really doesn't have that much time, but I think the 3DS still has about a year or two of decent releases coming depending on how much people are willing to Switch consoles. And yes, I made that joke on purpose.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces-wii-u-production-is-ending-1788802568

Lol! I'm glad you showed me this...
I'll know what decision I should make with my dying new 3DS...

Considering that the Wii U stopped production, I would say that this console is definitely replacing the Wii U. However, I am wondering about the 3ds. Of course, Nintendo would never actually say that the Switch is replacing the 3ds... that would kill the 3ds sales. The new Pokemon game coming out for the switch makes me believe that a replacement is possible. The portability of the console and rumored low price could make it the superior choice for Nintendo fans when the Switch gets a decent library of games. On the other hand, the 3DS has become very affordable recently and can be purchased for a mere $100 dollars. With that low of a price, the 3ds could maintain its place in the market.

Eeeeesh you reminded me of the thread I'm about to post, we're falling for their strayed, even though
we know it and can save money... I might not
use my 3DS too much after the Switch comes, even if we don't buy it...

I never Heard them saying they were going to replace the wii u. Whatsmore, the nintendo switch is not an upgraded nintendo wii u, it is a totally different system. I think you are confused. I do remember they said that the legend of zelda was the last game launching on the nintendo wii u, that is to say, they are saying good bye to the wii u.
In respect to what the 3ds being left aside by nintendo, I think it is quite clear nintendo still has a lot of proyects and plans for the system, just take a look at the 2017 3ds game lineup and you will see.

I hope you're right... and 3DS games will continue: I'm still slightly scared now that the Eshoo hasn't updated last week , like before... Hopefully it does this week...

Back