Bravely Default Bravely Default Grind

• Thread starter BrianXcalibur
  • Start date
BrianXcalibur

BrianXcalibur

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Well, everybody knows that a JRPG = grinding, heck they are famouse because of that kind of experience they give. So, long story short, how do you get yourself a party for grinding?

personally, i put a salvemaker as a sub class (for Job Grind), going to chapter 4, where you find yourself in Edea's hometown, Eternia. There, you fight swarm monsters that are weak from fire. So, in my strategy, you need these things :
  • A Salve-Maker class
  • Build norende long enough to get to but Phlogiosion item from the trader (cost 200 pg/item)
  • A lvl 10 Freelancer is an option (JP UP ability)
so, just put all your character to brave x4, use compound > phlogiosion x2 (bomb arm deal 1500 x 1.5 = 2250 dmg/hit). Why 4 times instead one character per skill? We need the battle title, to give a multiplier in pg, jp, and exp (easily gives us 1-turn Hero, Unscathed Hero and Sweeper Hero). A battle will give you 200+ JP, 2000+ EXP, and 4000+ PG (without multiplier), with multiplier, the max is with a horde of 6 Mandragora, they gives roughly 9000 PG, 4500 EXP, and 300 JP

*P.S : turn your battle rating to +100% for easier grind
dont forget to use (Y) to do auto battle
NEVER BATTLE IN THE NIGHT (they give mini pg, exp and jp, a waste of money and time, really), always go to town, restock and heal when night comes so you never miss your multiplier count (if the item is low on stock, you might miss one of the mltiplier)

So, there you go, I managed to get all char to lv 99, all unlocked job at lvl 14, bought everything from the trader including the eggs and the costumes..
Well, i did this in order to play the game with more focus on the story later, i didnt want grinding to get on my nerves later in the game. Hope this is useful! :angelic:

Reactions: dwikrid
Nice method. Well, with (too) many jobs and skills featured, BD:FF is very tricky. Unfortunately, it falls to the typical RPG stereotype where you could only progress by grinding (you might compare this to SMT IV skill/buff trick).

But that's okay: gamers should be patient after all.

Oh anyway: congratulations for BD:FF one million worldwide selling!

Haha yeah, there too many combinations to make, and it depends for each person's preference and so the grinding itself isnt that important especially with the way to actually tweaks the battle settings. Yeah, for some, the wait is fun :p

Yeah, congratulations for the 1 M worldwide sell!! :D:D:D

Do you have an idea on how to make more jp in chapter 1, or we just have to grind? I'm in level 15+, got these jobs: freelancer, monk, white mage, black mage, knight, thief, and merchant.

Anyway I'm resuming my playthrough (since Master difficulty in SMT IV is quite, quite difficult).

well.. actually it isnt worth to grind early in the game.. hahaha the earliest to grind is chapter 3, since enemies didnt give you good enough jp in the first 3 chapters. and you dont have a good range of items nor magic to crash through them.. well you might try to grind sometime in near florem, since they mostly consist of plants, and you get a black mage since the beginning, just blast them with fira. I do recommend to enjoy the game in the first 3 chapter xD

Reactions: dwikrid
Well, everybody knows that a JRPG = grinding, heck they are famouse because of that kind of experience they give. So, long story short, how do you get yourself a party for grinding?

personally, i put a salvemaker as a sub class (for Job Grind), going to chapter 4, where you find yourself in Edea's hometown, Eternia. There, you fight swarm monsters that are weak from fire. So, in my strategy, you need these things :
  • A Salve-Maker class
  • Build norende long enough to get to but Phlogiosion item from the trader (cost 200 pg/item)
  • A lvl 10 Freelancer is an option (JP UP ability)
so, just put all your character to brave x4, use compound > phlogiosion x2 (bomb arm deal 1500 x 1.5 = 2250 dmg/hit). Why 4 times instead one character per skill? We need the battle title, to give a multiplier in pg, jp, and exp (easily gives us 1-turn Hero, Unscathed Hero and Sweeper Hero). A battle will give you 200+ JP, 2000+ EXP, and 4000+ PG (without multiplier), with multiplier, the max is with a horde of 6 Mandragora, they gives roughly 9000 PG, 4500 EXP, and 300 JP

*P.S : turn your battle rating to +100% for easier grind
dont forget to use (Y) to do auto battle
NEVER BATTLE IN THE NIGHT (they give mini pg, exp and jp, a waste of money and time, really), always go to town, restock and heal when night comes so you never miss your multiplier count (if the item is low on stock, you might miss one of the mltiplier)

So, there you go, I managed to get all char to lv 99, all unlocked job at lvl 14, bought everything from the trader including the eggs and the costumes..
Well, i did this in order to play the game with more focus on the story later, i didnt want grinding to get on my nerves later in the game. Hope this is useful! :angelic:

There's an easier method in Chapter 5, where you win a lot of JP and EXP without doing nothing...
Sadly I don't remember it, if I do, I will share it.

In chapters 5 and 6 the best xp grinding method is to go to florem and use the slave maker 4x method with the growth egg attached, it only takes about 11 or 12 battles to level up at lv 85 this era is also good for up as well with the growth egg.

Now JP farming equip the growth egg and go to the hidden beach on the west side of Edeas homeland, run around once you run into guzzlers take a thief brave four times and steal from one you could end up getting a mega elixer, in that same turn brave four times and compound fulem shards with your slave maker. This all helps if you have the JP support abilaty on one of your heros.

Farming GP now I have an elixer mamon so I just steal elixers from it and sell them for 25k a piece lol.
My FC is 3239-5009-9997 if you would like to receive an elixer mamon too reply with your FC

Back