Bravely Default Bravely second final boss question

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
Well i personally didn't have a lot of trouble dealing with Providence but had some thoughts i wanted to share just for fun about both phases.

To be honest i thought phase 1 was actually tougher than phase 2, most notably due to the move he uses called "Mandate of Heaven" or something like that. For people who (mysteriously) did not see him use this basically how it goes is the message log at top screen will say something like "Tiz strike Edea down" and then some x number turns go by. If the above isnt followed/obeyed then he unleashes an insanely powerful attack that will inevitably one shot the entire party. For people newer to the game this might sound kinda scary, but an easy way to keep from getting wiped by this is halfsies+ enopu mushroom (or whatsit called) or certain spell combos can allow to survive this.

I didn't encounter anything particularly scary in phase 2 but seeing him randomly cast bravely second did kinda slip my concentration lol (which i actually laughed during that because i forgot it so easily nearly every time). I was also pretty overleveled (99s) so that also helped. Though i did beat his phase 1 faster than phase 2 i actually thought first phase more difficult because of that move i described above. Obviously he has considerably more health in second encounter but it still felt easier when i got there (possibly because i was a tad nervous about these parts when i got there but i felt better once the first fight started and did a few turns :p )

Anyone else agree or have any other thoughts about the final boss (both or either phases)?

I didn't find it to be really difficult, both phase 1 and 2, but had to repeat it a second time because of a bad RNG roll for my party prevented me to set the mushrooms during the second phase when my party was pretty beaten up and couldn't recover.
But at the second attempt it all went really smooth and didn't have any problem.
Still, I think it's a pretty cool final boss battle, with a terrific battle theme, good boss design - both forms, but I personally prefere the first one - and an interesting 4th-wall-breaking scene.
Definitely liked it more than Default's final boss, but I could say this regarding every single aspect of Second, which IMHO is definitely better than the first game, despite in every review I saw, except a few, it was stated otherwise. :mad:

Reactions: Kadaj
I didn't find it to be really difficult, both phase 1 and 2, but had to repeat it a second time because of a bad RNG roll for my party prevented me to set the mushrooms during the second phase when my party was pretty beaten up and couldn't recover.
But at the second attempt it all went really smooth and didn't have any problem.
Still, I think it's a pretty cool final boss battle, with a terrific battle theme, good boss design - both forms, but I personally prefere the first one - and an interesting 4th-wall-breaking scene.
Definitely liked it more than Default's final boss, but I could say this regarding every single aspect of Second, which IMHO is definitely better than the first game, despite in every review I saw, except a few, it was stated otherwise. :mad:

Yes i thought he was easy too, but boy it was still a fun and amazing fight with the music and dark vibes Providence's character gave off (especially his appearance before first fight when he interrupts Vega and confronts Altair who is still sealed inside Tiz), i loved the music that played here but couldn't find it anywhere to listen to on YouTube which kinda sucked. His battle and encounter scenes were amazing though !

On a different and probably what seems a silly note, i was actually surprised when i finished first half and started to exit the sanctum then poof--he attacks without any noticeable warning lol. I didn't think that was it of course but it was awfully getting me off guard forcing me into another fight with no sign of him XD

Back