Can Brawlout satisfy your needs until Smash Bros. come to Switch?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Halfway through the video, Brawlout really started to remind me of Super Smash Bros.

I don't think it can keep me satisfied until Smash comes to the Switch and I definitely don't think it can replace the game. But I have Super Smash Bros. Wii U for that (even though I wouldn't be playing it for a while).

Brawlout - Hyper Light Drifter Reveal :

The game is already in its early access stage on Steam and it's been confirmed to come to the Nintendo Switch later this year. On Steam, it costs $20 US and a promo is currently taking place which reduces its price tag by 50%.

What do you guys think about the game? Is it enough to satisfy your needs until the Switch gets Smash Bros.?

replace smash of course not, but for me it will be decent enough to play until smash switch comes, even then, i still have smash 3ds for a few matches with friends (though sometimes the lag is awful, and yes you get lag even on local)

Why hasn't Rivals of Aether made the switch yet? :rotfl:

I don't have smash for 3ds (and I don't have a wii u). So maybe this is a good alternative for me, especially as I see smash coming in early 2019. I am sure the game is almost, if not as fun as smash, although the character roster is obviously not as memorable here. Sadly don't think I'll get it, I'd rather wait for smash to come.
Surprised Nintendo of all companies let this game get on their system, especially when it's so similar to smash.

although the character roster is obviously not as memorable here.
Hyper Light Drifter sticks out to me. (Although that's about it. Everyone else can take a hike.)

Reactions: Shmickle and Arshan
Why hasn't Rivals of Aether made the switch yet? :rotfl:
because microsoft was involved with the development of that game, so sadly unless dan figures out a deal with microsoft to let his game become multi platform, we won't be seeing that out of Xbox and PC

The game looks okay but I can't find this keeping me occupied until the new Smash. The reason why I like Smash so much is because it's the characters of the Nintendo universe. The game play is phenomenal but without the Nintendo characters there I don't have much interest in it.

Marc to answer your question:

I didn't even know there was a game called brawlout. However I am not in a desperate wait for smash switch. Although I am 99.9% percent sure we will see smash 5 on the switch, I don't suspect that we will get to play it for another couple of years. The only thing we would get would be a smash wii U port with maybe the 3ds stages, ice climbers, wolf, and one or two other characters. But I can wait. I'm still gobbling up smash Wii U, as I love that game to death.

@JaxLeo If we're talking about Microsoft making deals with nintendo, forget Rivals of Aether, Banjo-Kazooie for smash 5 all the way!

I don´t think it will replace smash bros, anyway, it looks good and appealing to all of those smash fans that still have no idea about the future of the franchise. In my case, I already own smash on the wii u and if smash for the switch comes out anytime, It will need to be really attractive to justify the purchase. I mean, I don´t expect to have another wii u game ported on the switch. I am getting tired of it. I want nintendo to focus on new games.
And as far as Brawlout is concernced, I think I will give it a try.

I actually own the game and the mechanics are slightly different. Things like DI and Air doges are still there but the air doves are like in melee (allowing for wavedashing/wavelanding). Also, I feel like combos are more fun to pull off in this game since all you have to save your self from a combo is either good DI or using a Burst. A burst breaks a combo your opponent is doing on you (think of it as the bursts in Guilty Gear/Blazblue) The game is slightly different which des give it an identify. This will fill my Smash Bros hole in the time being but I feel like I will still play it for a long time since the focus on combos in this game is bigger.

Nothing can replace smash D: smash is one of if not the best fighting franchise that I’ve played and brawl out might be cool for a couple minutes but than get boring of course I haven’t played brawl out so I don’t know what it’s like but it could be cool.

Nothing can replace smash D: smash is one of if not the best fighting franchise that I’ve played and brawl out might be cool for a couple minutes but than get boring of course I haven’t played brawl out so I don’t know what it’s like but it could be cool.
There’s no way this game can replace smash, especially since Smash has iconic, regonizable characters (while Brawlout is lacking in that) but it still has the fun gameplay Smash has. The characters in Smash are nice but I really play fighting games for how fun they are. Brawlout has a faster game pace and focuses on that fast gameplay but Smash is a little bit catered to larger audiences. Also, how could you say that Brawlout is remotely bad if you haven’t played it?

There’s no way this game can replace smash, especially since Smash has iconic, regonizable characters (while Brawlout is lacking in that) but it still has the fun gameplay Smash has. The characters in Smash are nice but I really play fighting games for how fun they are. Brawlout has a faster game pace and focuses on that fast gameplay but Smash is a little bit catered to larger audiences. Also, how could you say that Brawlout is remotely bad if you haven’t played it?
that’s true but yeah like what you said brawlout doesn’t have any iconic characters like smash does with Mario, Link, Samus ETC, but I guess it could be fun but it won’t replace smash

Looks pretty cool but can't be better than Smash Bros. :)

Ive only heard bad things about brawlout. Compared to any other smash clone brawlout is one of the worst.

Ive only heard bad things about brawlout. Compared to any other smash clone brawlout is one of the worst.
From buying the game and being on the game’s official discord, I can say that while it was in Early Accses, it was a disgusting mess. Now many of those problems have been addressed and it’s different enough from Smash Bros that it’s worth checking out if you’re interested. The game also came out on PS4 and XB1 recently, with Youka Laylee joining the roster. Switch doesn’t have him yet since devs want to make sure they can eliminate as many bugs as possible on Switch.

Main reason people talk so bad about it is
1: People don’t understand what Early Accses means
2: Alpharad (the Youtuber) said a lot of bad things on it and people base their opinion on what he said, and he only played a Early Accses build.

If you want to try Brawlout, get it on PS4 or XB1. Until the Switch get’s it’s upcomimg update, I don’t recommend buying it just yet.

Marc to answer your question:

I didn't even know there was a game called brawlout. However I am not in a desperate wait for smash switch. Although I am 99.9% percent sure we will see smash 5 on the switch, I don't suspect that we will get to play it for another couple of years. The only thing we would get would be a smash wii U port with maybe the 3ds stages, ice climbers, wolf, and one or two other characters. But I can wait. I'm still gobbling up smash Wii U, as I love that game to death.
I really can't see another smash game being on the switch. It seems like Smash has the rule of one game per system. Smash Wii U and Smash 3ds are usually combined together to be called Smash 4, or people will usually refer to Smash Wii U because its the superior version in most ways, meaning it's still technically continuing the trend. As for Brawlout? Well, it makes me think of it more as a 3D Brawlhalla rather than a smash ultimate clone.

Honestly I'm more interested in Rivals of Aether but I won't play either becasue Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is almost here!! The wait is killing me!

this looks like a fun game , i just found out about this today.
i would find this to keep me entertained until smash 5.
it reminds me of skylanders somewhat.
unique character designs and fluid animation gives this good appeal.

Back