Ultra S/M Can you catch all 807 Pokemon in Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Can someone with both Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon catch all 807 Pokemon in the game or will they have to connect to poke bank and transfer Pokemon from the old games to 100% the pokedex?

Can someone with both Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon catch all 807 Pokemon in the game or will they have to connect to poke bank and transfer Pokemon from the old games to 100% the pokedex?

I mean theoretically you should be able to collect all 807 Pokemon if you're persistent in trading online. As for catching them natively in Alola, this isn't possible. Here is a list of unobtainable Pokemon by normal singleplayer methods.

Reactions: Kakea and Marc
Reactions: Kakea
That will probably be the most likely solution, barring making the Switch titles part of Gen VII or putting out remasters of those Su/Mo or Us/Um onto the Switch.

This is SUPER LATE, but I had to tell you: I read a article made by serious poke-fans and found out that at NO time has Nintendo made EVERY Pokemon available in any generation! You might catch most of them through online trading, and even com close to all 807, but... Even in the old remakes: there's Pokemon cut off: My siblings and me bought Pokemon: Red, Yellow Silver and Gold and in NONE of the game are all Legendaries available! You can get all starters via trading up through Pokebank (if I read how it works, correctly) but at no time can you get Mew or Celebi (Unless Nintendo made a special offer for the more recent games) You can use a special code for Celeb at very least for yourself upon purchasing Gold or Silver, but as for Mew: You'll NEED to use the Flying/Teleport glitch to get it! I told P2.0 about it, and so far he's able to di o it without anything bad happening... But to catch them all legitimately... Nintendo made NO way to do so... I had to tell you this... don't listen to any other viable "ways to catch them all" unless: Nintendo officially release another pair of Pokemon games with 403 pokemon in one, and 404 of the things in the other!

(Sorry, I got upset after finding this out: it's pointless to keep up to date if Nintendo makes it impossible to do!!!)

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
This is SUPER LATE, but I had to tell you: I read a article made by serious poke-fans and found out that at NO time has Nintendo made EVERY Pokemon available in any generation!
I'd like to read this article because I'm sure that's not true. Maybe you mean there's no single GAME where you can catch all Pokemon. Because as far as I know, if you have ever game in any given generation (besides gen V and up, where this becomes untrue) and you attend every event in that generation (for some of these...) you can complete the pokedex. Case and point:
Gen 1- Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow should get you 150+mew event (or mew glitch, if you consider that legit)
Gen 2- Just looked it up, is impossible without trading from gen 1. You can't get kanto starters or kanto fossils...
Gen 3-Your gonna need the gamecube games and all the gameboy advance games. Once you catch everything there you need Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Deoxys. Jirachi you can get from a gamecube bonus disc, and Celebi from a Japanese bonus disc... but I think you still need to attend events to get Mew and Deoxys.
Gen 4-You need all the ds games, and then you can get all the non-legends. From there the legends are a bit of a struggle. Manaphy can be obtained from ranger. Many legends are catchable straight up, with many more being obtainable from the collectible-distribution carts. Hardest of these is probably the regi-trio (you need an event regigas from the ds cart, then transfer it to platinum, where special caves become unlocked around the map each with one of the regi-trios you can catch).

Ok, long winded post much, yes. I can make a thread on this if you are still confused or if people want.

tl;dr- You will never be able to catch every Pokemon in one single game, but in one generation, it is possible in some cases.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2
To drive the above point home, I've done exactly that in Gen III with my Leaf Green game. The Mew, Deoxys, Lugia and Ho-oh were all caught from their respective islands through hacking I'll admit, but as far as Deoxys goes you can find a rom dumped from a legitimate distribution cart that will give you the Aurora ticket, plus you can get the Eon ticket for e-Reader if you want to get the other Lati from the island.

Other than that, all the other Pokemon I caught were through the usual official means (Celebi from the disc, Jirachi from Channel.) But yeah, by all means you can technically obtain all Pokemon from Gen III if you're persistent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffy
I'd like to read this article because I'm sure that's not true. .

I won't go any further than this because, I'm sure @Marc is probably beyond caring by now! Lol! But seriously...
At very least, skip to the end paragraph to see my point this time :/

That's completely messed up: I READ your article, and saw it's NOT possible! Case in point: I've watched a YouTuber talking about his copy of Pokemon X and Y! And said he purchased every game after the 1st gen! Truthfully, he HAS went to every event he could, he reminisced about going to a Deoxys event where he lived and legitimately getting one! As a fellow fan, I was happy for him, but was deeply saddened when he said Nintendo BLOCKED OFF all his previous generation Pokemon! Technically, you COULD go back and re -catch them... It's simple to go play all your old games again, and legitimately catch them all again, and magically get them into the Pokemon Bank and use them to become a Pokemon Master... but:

The fact Nintendo set the system up to believe THEY'RE ALL HACKED means they most likely WON'T let the event Pokemon in the game! You can't attend events that already over in real life! It would be awesome if they made it possible for all Pokemon to be captured under reasonable means for future games, BUT THEY DON'T!!! It's NOT possible because Nintendo doesn't make it possible in every generation! You shouldn't NEED to purchase older (possibly non existent) games to catch them all! There should be a legit way to get them without requiring everybody to purchase games Nintendo isn't making money off of any more!
Seriously, it's impossible as Pokemon Bank doesn't accept older (thinking their hacked), and Mew is legitimately unattainable in EVERY generation...
If you DO have them all, show me, I'm truly happy and I'm sure Nintendo is too... I won't believe it's possible without hacking unless someone shows me they're completed pokedex with explanations on how they got their legendary pokemon from EVERY generation and got them into the current through pokebank! I'm SUPER excited to see a legit Mew anywhere...

I'm gonna just make a new thread about this, but first a few things:

1- I never said it was possible in generation 6 (including X and Y). I though it was all of them up to Gen 4, but as I did my a few minutes of research I now believe it is only Gen 1, 3, and 4.

2-Off the top of my head, I do believe Mew can be legitly obtained in gen 4 through pokemon ranch. More on that in my thread later.

3-Nintendo doesn't make any Pokemon obtainable. Game Freak (who develops and makes the Pokemon games/events) does their best to incorporate older Pokemon in each generation (at least before gen 5, where it seems they switched their ideas shifted).

@Kakea This is misinformation. The PokeTransporter is the gateway to transferring your Gen V Pokemon to Gen VI and onwards (and Gen III Pokemon can be moved up through to Gen IV and then V, so there's no problems there.) Unless he tried transferring from an older generation or a Pokemon with an invalid HM move (you can't transfer Pokemon with HM moves) then there's no way he couldn't have been able to transfer his legitimate Pokemon unless they weren't legit.

And for the record, yes you can send Pokemon from events through the transporter. Some rare cases like a legit shiny Jirachi aren't allowed due to the filter banning shiny legendaries, but for the most part you can send event legendaries through. Heck, I even did that once with a Pokemon Ranger Manaphy. Sometimes the transporter does fail to send legitimate Pokemon through at times (seems common with Pal Parked Gen III Pokemon) but giving it another few tries should allow it through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffy
Back