Cave storytips?

• Thread starter oshul
  • Start date
oshul

oshul

The main oshawott
Towns Folk
I just downloaded the freeware version of cave story on the official site and I was wondering if anyone had any tips before I start playing ^.^ (also will I get XP for completing this? because its on Nintendo systems, or do I need to have it on the a Nintendo console to get it?)

Not really sure about this, but I think you should play it on a Nintendo console to get XP.

Talking about the game itself, it's a fairly classic platformer, but remember you can level up your weapons thanks to experience got from enemies (it's represented by yellow triangles) but they level down again if you receive too much damage, when you change rooms enemies respawn, I think the game as at least 2 endings based on a decision you make near the end.
This is all what I have to say about the game, I played it about two years ago, so I might have forgotten something :facepalm:.
Its gameplay isn't anything really innovative but it's still fun to play, its story is also pretty good.

Some tips: You're going to be given the option to trade the Spur for different weapons, I recommend you do the Machine gun first run, it's very beginner friendly. A lot of bosses have recurring attack patterns, just remember that if you're having trouble taking them down. Also, in a fight, remember that you can use your other weapons too that might be more effective than what you currently use.
I can't go over too much information to look out for without spoiling the game, so I wish you the best of luck through your playthrough.

I doubt this is in the freeware version but get the clock. Take the shed.
Also I'd keep the Spur. The spur is really good and you'll understand more about why as you progress through the story. It's just really good. It's like any other platformer but better. So much better. Keep that in mind as it does get heavy on the platforming side toward the end. Another tip is to bring onions. No one can blame you then. And the Nintendo part is questionable. I'd ask a mod/admin.

Back