Charizard's Flare Blitz too OP in Smash Bros. 3DS/WiiU

• Thread starter Theunkownlmao
  • Start date
T

Theunkownlmao

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
Yesterday I flare blitzed a bayonetta and witch time caught me and I got hit by an up smash but still managed to hit and kill her first

It's not op. It's because the frames were still active on the flare blitz. Witch time doesn't make you immune, it just slows you down.

There were some times when a similar thing happened whilst I was playing Bayonetta. I used the Witch Time and still ended up getting caught up in Cloud's Side-B. As cob said, it just slows down. That's why when you use Witch Time Bayonetta sorta takes a step back or something, I think :p

But Flare Blitz is kinda OP, when it can be spammed and the enemy doesn't know how to counter it or dodge it xD

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
Some characters can counter Flare Blitz. For example, shulk can counter with his vision so in a way Flare Blitz is sometimes Op but can be countered in the right time.

Some characters can counter Flare Blitz. For example, shulk can counter with his vision so in a way Flare Blitz is sometimes Op but can be countered in the right time.
That's not the problem at hand. Plus, shulk's counter can easily be beaten, as well as many others. No move is truly OP. Having good knock back and damage isn't op, it just fits the character.

If I play as Mario, I usually just flip that move like a boss. As long as the person keeps on missing, the damage will rack up. I find it as an advantage for the other player as long as they know how to counter it. The move list usually is fair and just use the characters advantage to fit the situation.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
It's not OP. The sound it makes and the start-up makes it easy for me to shield and drop them on the ground before smashing them up. I really like fighting it, it does recoil, but hits like a truck. It adds something to watch for when fighting Charizard. I have a sibling who really likes playing Charizard, so I fight it's flare blitz off well.

While I agree a little bit Flare Blitz, I believe, can go through certain projectiles like either Link's Bomb or Arrows making it a useful move especially when it's unexpected and it works a little bit like Pit/Dark Pit's side special with recoil damage, dealing a little bit more damage, and it doesn't knock back projectiles. But most of the time you can react to Flare Blitz with shield without thinking.

It's not OP. It's a move with Super Armor that allows you to take one hit (in your case, Up Smash) without flinching that can do a large amount of damage and even kill. It does do recoil damage so it's a risk/reward situation whenever you want to use it. Also as far as witch time is concerned, the move you use is still active when trapped in witch time, so if you hit Bayonetta while in Witch Time, you can break out of it.

Yesterday I flare blitzed a bayonetta and witch time caught me and I got hit by an up smash but still managed to hit and kill her first
It's not OP if you don't know how to use it. I used Charizard when I first bought Smash 3DS, and I didn't know how to use it well, so in the Jungle Japes I always died. If you spam it, it still can be a little OP, but not that much.

flare blitz is only OP when the opponent has no idea what they're doing. most people who actually know how it works will just shield it and punish them afterwards. and with the counters: like pretty much everyone else said, witch time only slows u down, so u can still attack while under the effects. with all the other counters tho, flare blitz is probably the worst move to use, mainly since the recoil along with the counter itself can destroy a charizard at med-high percents.

That's not the problem at hand. Plus, shulk's counter can easily be beaten, as well as many others. No move is truly OP. Having good knock back and damage isn't op, it just fits the character.

Pre Patch Hooha and Pre Patch Witch Time may want to have a word with you XD

But yeah, Flare Blitz is not even near to be OP

Pre Patch Hooha and Pre Patch Witch Time may want to have a word with you XD

But yeah, Flare Blitz is not even near to be OP
Hoo hah wasn't OP. Or witch time lol

Hoo hah wasn't OP. Or witch time lol

Witch Time is debatable, but Hoo hah was the thing that made Diddy Kong the second most broken characters in Smash Bros. history (the first being Brawl MK)

Well, technically, Hoo Hah wasn't a move, but rather a combo, but you get the idea XD, it still made Diddy Kong SS in the tier list

Not op, it's strong but does damage back to yourself. Charizard isn't a very good character so they added in something that is powerful but slow. Also Witch time doesn't makes Bayonetta invincible and you just got lucky the flare blitz hit and up smash didn't kill you first

As others say it just slows stuff down, and Bayo's smashes have low priority so that's not surprising xP
It's not OP. The sound it makes and the start-up makes it easy for me to shield and drop them on the ground before smashing them up. I really like fighting it, it does recoil, but hits like a truck. It adds something to watch for when fighting Charizard. I have a sibling who really likes playing Charizard, so I fight it's flare blitz off well.
I wonder who that could be......
Witch Time is debatable, but Hoo hah was the thing that made Diddy Kong the second most broken characters in Smash Bros. history (the first being Brawl MK)

Well, technically, Hoo Hah wasn't a move, but rather a combo, but you get the idea XD, it still made Diddy Kong SS in the tier list
Hoo hah (xD) was good, but i don't think it was OP, just a good move that can be beat. Witch time is pretty OPish but not OP OP, post nerf was pretty rough though and imo is the best move in smash history except for maybe the Shine.

I think flare blitz is just an ok move not overpowered but not weak at all. It's a balanced move. It can turn the tides but you can easily die from it. If you used flare blitz and someone used a counter it could knock Charizard far back. Also if you jump over him or dodge it he could fall off the stage pretty far. It also damages him which means if he spams it the other person will have an easier way of beating you.

If it hits it is powerful and has a really good knockback. It could easily kill anyone.

I think flare blitz is not OP, far from it. First, it always hurt you no matter what. It starts pretty slow. The rang of the attack is ok. When you hit an opponent, they get knocked back, but you take damage. If the opponent shields , you take extra damage, and you'll be open for an attack. If you miss, you still take damage, and go so far, which can give your opponent stage control. The good thing about flare blitz is it has good damage, knock back , and ok for recovery. You need to use this move wisely. <3 a cow

It can be deadly if you're not paying attention. But simply shielding can give you an opportunity to counter with a Smash attack, along with the damage the Charizard player receives. Not only that, but you can stop the attack with a well-timed Smash.

nope, if someone use flare blitz, you can shield and then use a smash attacks easily
every character have weakness and advantages, so nobody is OP for that, simply, the bayonetta didnt shielded, and she die for that
its like saying that corrin´s counter is OP, (since he/she doesnt have much options to kill except counter and B) or bayonetta witch time is OP because the enemy attack whitouth thinking

Back