Closed Convince the Santa - 3DSPedia's Christmas Event

• Thread starter 3823
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
DrWTrP0.png

Santa has limited presents to give out this year :(

Can you convince him?

Welcome to 3DSpedia's Christmas Event - Convince the Santa!
Hosted by your one and only, rawrrie <3

cjaYLX4.png

Write a letter to Santa explaining why you should get the remaining present!

Starter questions:
What are some good things you have done?
What are you planning to do in the future?
How does that relate to this gift?

- letter must be less than 1000 words

- feel free to be as creative as possible
- for ex. add original poems, songs

and drawings to your letter

- emotional stuff is allowed but not recc.
- 5 most convincing letter(s) will win prizes
- post entry here! (If I feel someone is copying,
they are less likely to win)
- graded on effort, not grammatical skill or vocabulary
- still, please try to use the best grammar possible

- Put your letter in a spoiler tag
- state which present you want, greatest to least. ex: 1) red 2) tan

3) pink 4) green 5) blue (outside of the spoiler tag)
- you can't say you don't want the gift,
or give it to someone else.

aIiDtSl.png

wYVbo3K.png
HkQn0ou.png
YvBhfsG.png
VUXNWNw.png
V73ksgB.png

Presents are a surprise!

After the winners are selected, their gift boxes are chosen according to their place that they won. 1st place gets their first choice for example.

Last edited:
So we post them here? with or without spoiler thingy?

When will the contest end?
I wanna enter but I'm gonna be out of country for pretty much all of winter break.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
So we post them here? with or without spoiler thingy?
With a spoiler, please :3
When will the contest end?
I wanna enter but I'm gonna be out of country for pretty much all of winter break.
I will probably end it around Christmas time. You can write the letter anywhere in your vacation and post it over here if you'd like.

Dear Santa:
How is it going? Haven't seen you since the Louisiana Purchase Afterparty! (We ate so much caviar that time lol)
So, I heard that you have limited presents this year, huh? Well, if you are still deciding if you are going to give me one this year, let me convince you:

> Good things I have done this year:
- I haven't nuked the planet yet (And you know I can) (This is not a threat)
- I watched K-ON! (No bad kid will ever watch K-ON!)
- I traveled back in time to avoid Hillary to become the president of the U.S.A. (and thus, avoiding the nuclear war with Russia), by memeing Trump to presidency in 4chan. I know it sounds bad now, but drastic situations need drastic measures. Also, I checked in 2020, and he did almost no harm (other than that time when he accidentaly dropped a kitty in a blender, but don't worry, the cat is fine)
- I did almost all my homework
- I also stopped the polar flip that was proggramed for July 29 of 2016

> Bad things I have done this year
- I didn't manage to save Harambe (I tried to go back in time to save him, but I got distracted by that cute Zebra)
- I watched "The Legend of Tarzan", "Hatsukoi Monster", and "Love Live! Sunshine!!", even tho you told me not to (They al sucked)

> Stuff planned for the future?
- I will possibly not nuke the planet (This is not a threat)
- I will probably save the world again
- If I get enough extra fuel, I will try to save Harambe again
- I will try to not get fatter

> How does that relate to this gift?
- Is actually pretty simple: I want a gift, you have a gift; I can nuke the planet, you don't want the planet to get nuked
See?! We have a common interest! (Again, this is not a threat)

Come on buddy! Don't you remember all the happy moments we spent together? Do this for your old friend Zukrad!

Sincerely
- Zukrad

Edit: Oops
1.) Green
Blue
Red
Tan
Pink

Last edited:
Reactions: superwill123, FuntimeFoxy, Mr. Kream and 2 others
This is hard . I was going to enter but what I typed was less about my self and more about others. It's hard for me to say that I want the gift for my self because I would rather see someone else happy with the gift . Well good luck to everyone.

This is hard . I was going to enter but what I typed was less about my self and more about others. It's hard for me to say that I want the gift for my self because I would rather see someone else happy with the gift . Well good luck to everyone.

You can type about others, but the main idea has to lead back to you >< You want the gift, after all :p (as it states in the main post) Just put your achievements and stuff ><

@Zukrad, could you state which presents you want? :3

Reactions: Zukrad
You can type about others, but the main idea has to lead back to you >< You want the gift, after all :p (as it states in the main post) Just put your achievements and stuff ><

@Zukrad, could you state which presents you want? :3
that's hard for me to do cause even tho I know I'm good person I just can't talk about all of the things I do that are seen as good cause it sounds to much like boasting about my self and well boasting about my self just makes me feel like I'm being a selfish or doing something wrong. It's never been in my nature if that makes any since .

What are some good things you have done?
Well this entire event seems very jolly Santa and I would love to participate. You see I value friendship more than love itself(quoted in my Pokemon profiles)There was this Christmas Concert for band She plays in on the 2nd of December at 7:00 PM at my school,my friend was going no one else was. My parents are very strict my friend (her name is Katie) needed the support she was so nervous and shy we been friends for years now. I'm not very social but I found a good group to call my own 11 friends total in my real life I know.. I pleaded to my parents I wanted to go I finally convinced them,drove to the concert,went into the auditorium oh the smile on her face when she saw me her first words "You Actually came!" We were both happy and I was happy to see through her entire performance it was amazing and relaxing. That night was a very beautiful one and I enjoyed it,her smile and the music that played I remember all the songs to they made versions of originals and the constructor made cheesy puns to ease the crowd,and warm ups respectively waiting for others to walk in before the grand event started. He was so in the Zone and I saw that. Me and My friend both trusted him. He soon came to me and said ."Wow you actually came."I gave a short nod and talked to him he told me how he was hoping I would and commented you really are doing a nice thing for Katie.
christmas-bell-png-images-9.

I drove home with my brother thinking on his words.. Nice? but i'm anything but,i'm always snappy.. rude.. and well immature.. it's rare for me to be nice and I sometimes do nice things not even noticing,but it's because people just take advantage of my fair share of kindness.

Then it hit me I could be more nice I don't want anything in return except the smile on people's faces when I help,give and treat them with the respect they deserve. I gave away my Majora's Mask 3ds I received on my 15th birthday not too long ago to one of my classmates who I know has a 3DS and he's kinda.. secretly poor I notice he told me and I decided to just give it to him. and we started talking about different game related things, I mentioned I hated Majora's Mask 3ds because it's nothing like the original and I love everything N64 with a passion.. He didn't believe me then I said you can just have my cartridge I don't even want it. He smiled and refused I pushed on saying "But you said you wanted one i'm giving it to you for FREE." He paused then accepted,the next day I asked him how was it and did you reach the first temple he said "No,i'm sorta slow haha but it's really fun."I smiled seeing him happy that made me happy.
n64-pixels.gif
nintendo_64_dd_by_blueamnesiac-d54yd88.png
200_s.gif

The next event is sad but true all of these are true and they happened in all this December and it's only the 10th I know. Guess you could say I was really devoted after the constructors words.

This month and nearing the last days of November people were stressed in the group and I know I was I been working my butt off on all the work,studying,cleaning and helping,i'm still exhausted but I am one to never give up. Relationships are hard I know because of uhm... experience.. Another friend of mine was crying her eyes out once again I rushed to there aid asking whats wrong really fast because I was worrying. She said her boyfriend broke up with her and explained it all.
I listened intently and told her trying to think of solutions then dug into my own soul and was blunt,stoic and truthful.

"Life is a challenge,believe it or not it will not help you if you fall on it's course it will leave you in it's tracks."
" Ones mind is quite interesting. Especially if they've been broken"
"If one has been fixed with broken parts are they broken still? Or Fixed? Or is it some messed up amalgamation of both.."
I looked at her blankly using Undertale references since she liked them
"Answer it and I'll stop. Cuz I wanna hear your opinion on this simplistic philosophy I've found. Cuz you might think it's interesting."
She was angry now,and hurting she replied ." I don't care right now I want to punch something,rip a pillow to shreds and scream to the world they can go screw themselves because I am tired,angry and done!"
I hugged her close to me."Answer me and I'll leave you alone then."I refused to give up
"Brooky please.."

original.jpg

Me:"Just..
Just answer. I'd like to hear your opinion. It's a simple yes or no.
Or is it both?"
Her:Neither!
Me: Heh. Good you might get the point after all. You see it may hurt but that is just one problem,simply brush it off your stronger then this..
I refused to let her go as she hugged and made my shoulder wet.
Her: There still the same no matter the damage down or additions added!*whines*please

Me:But.

Here's the kicker.

The answer never mattered. Broken or not. Whether life kicks me down.. breaks my soul... drives me to insanity..

I never Will treat someone below me because of my mood or problems because I've been broken before. Dry you're eyes,stand tall your better than this heaped broken form.

I wanted her to stand,she did,she backed away and covered her face commenting I take things too seriously and perhaps she's right but she was the only one for my attention,she was hurt I wanted to console her and I did. I later heard she got her crush as a boyfriend they go by fast :banghead:
aaaeea41f87fdb369b81b543cc0da87f.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I love blue with a passion I pick the blue one and by the way the word count is 1021 total because I tested it in google docs:oops: But I just wanted to share it all and it was fun writing because I felt like I was there again in that same Zone as the constructor:p sorry Rawrrie this is all now.

1.)Blue (2.) Green (3.) Red (4) Tan (5) Pink

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Skyshaymin
that's hard for me to do cause even tho I know I'm good person I just can't talk about all of the things I do that are seen as good cause it sounds to much like boasting about my self and well boasting about my self just makes me feel like I'm being a selfish or doing something wrong. It's never been in my nature if that makes any since .
okie, it's up to you. It's just a contest after all :p You have to convince the santa >.<)/

@brooky, in order, which gifts do you want? ><

Are the instructions unclear? D:

okie, it's up to you. It's just a contest after all :p You have to convince the santa >.<)/
True , I hope that the contest goes well tho :)

Reactions: 3823
sorry sorry :hilarious: I made myself look dumb heh

Uhm.. 5.

sorry sorry :hilarious: I made myself look dumb heh

Uhm.. 5.
reread ><
- state which present you want, greatest to least. ex: 1) red 2) tan
3) pink 4) green 5) blue

Okay Uhm*tries to do this the right way*

Do you want me to edit it in there?

Okay Uhm*tries to do this the right way*

Do you want me to edit it in there?
Did it for you ^-^

Thanks chu!

Dear Santa,

It feels Weird trying top convince you how good I’ve been to get gifts. I guess it just feels greedy which is kind of the opposite of what Christmas is about. Honestly though, I can’t deny that I want gifts; everyone does. I feel like I’ve done my best to be good this year. As everyone else I have made plenty mistakes and I’ll be first to admit I’m not perfect, but all I can do is my best which I have done. I enjoy being generous and helping others even without pay or anything in return. Sometimes it’s just rewarding to help people for the sake of helping, and knowing you passed on a little joy.

Recently a choir I’m part of sang a Christmas program for the elderly folk’s home. It was so fun to be able to sing and have fun with my friends while bring smiles to the faces of the elderly people there. I talked to a few of them afterwards and they were very nice and seemed to really enjoy the program.

I really enjoy presents (who doesn’t) but it’s also good to give and share. That’s why, depending on the present, I would gladly share it with other. I’ll keep it myself, of course, but if my sister wanted to use it I’d let her. Of course it depends on what it is; it’d be hard to share some types of things.

Soon I’m going to be helping my church with their Christmas program too. I don’t have a big part; I just read a small bit of narration. It’s still fun to be a part of though.

I also like helping around the house. Sometimes when my mom is out of the house I’ll clean up and stuff without her telling me too. Please don’t tell her or else it wouldn’t be a surprise anymore. It’s just so rewarding to see here face when she walks in and see a clean house. Her smile and hugs are so nice.

I just love beautifully wrapped presents. There’s just something so warm and comforting about seeing a nice little pile of presents. Personally I think the blue one is the prettiest. After that, then red, green, pink, and lastly tan. They are all so beautiful though it’s hard to rank them.

Over all I’m not perfect, but I try my best to be helpful, kind, and honest. I don’t need presents, but they sure are fun and rewarding. I don’t feel like I deserve any gifts, but that’s kind of the point. They’re gifts. We can’t earn them. They are to be given with no cost because that’s what a gift is. It’s something we do to show love and kindness, not because we owe somebody something. My biggest hope is not that I’ll get a gift (though, being honest, that would totally be awesome) but that whoever deserves it most will win, and that everyone will have a happy time with friends and family this holiday season.
Hope this is convincing enough. I've never actually written a letter to Santa before, so here goes.

gifts: red, green, pink, and lastly tan.

Last edited by a moderator:
@supertristan00

Don' forget your present choices ><

Participants, don't forget the present choices D:

I have been a bad boy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reactions: ThePartyPixel and PersonSP
Back