Spin Off Could Pokken Tournament Work On 3DS?

• Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date
Artisan

Artisan

Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
I mean sure the graphics and the online play might not be better and the screen is smaller but if you can play it on 3DS then why get a Switch. Would the DLC already be preloaded? Probably. Would people who already got Pokken Tournament DX not buy the 3DS version? Yes.

most likely if they work pokken from the ground up specifically for 3ds hardware, yes.
(as a side note I believe that it should be new 3ds only)

No, how would the game control? I think people would prefer to use the switch’s control scheme, specifically the pro controller.

They could use a similiar control scheme to Street Fighter IV on the 3ds though

Reactions: Prime
In it's current state I don't think it could. They would have to build a 3DS version from the ground up and I feel we would lose things such as mode changes. The 3DS chugs during regular pokemon battles so it doesn't give me much hope. lol

Reactions: Duffy
I don't see the reason to. The controls of the Switch are superior, and using the touch screen can be a problem. The graphics would be terrible even if it's developed from the ground up. There's no way for 2 people to play on one screen (You can detach the Switch's joycons or use multiple controllers on Wii U. The arcade version can't but it's not as important). Bad online. I don't see why make a downgrade of a game for a console that's going to be irrelevant in two years?

I think a port would be feasible. After all, Super Smash Brothers on 3DS was a huge success. Obviously they'd have to make a lot of changes (it would barely be the same game) but fans have wanted a Pokémon fighting game for a long time.
At this point they have little reason to, but maybe we'll get something similar in whatever is the next iteration of the Gameboy.

Back