Could the NX/Switch function as a tablet?

• Thread starter CJ
  • Start date
CJ

CJ

You not gon' ge me!
Towns Folk
The NX handheld part is neat. Without the controllers, it looks like a pure tablet.

Do you think the NX (aka the Switch) could be used as a tablet? My guess is it would. Nintendo is currently working on making a smartphone so it could totally make it a tablet. There is definitely potential that I don't want Nintendo to miss.

In the trailer they did show a guy use his portable switch on an airplane, plugging in his earbuds and watching a movie or something on it like it was a normal tablet, so I believe it's something that they're going for.

In the trailer they did show a guy use his portable switch on an airplane, plugging in his earbuds and watching a movie or something on it like it was a normal tablet, so I believe it's something that they're going for.
Actually he was playing Skyrim but I do believe you could access netflix from this device

Reactions: 3dsatackman and Blue Knight
Actually he was playing Skyrim but I do believe you could access netflix from this device
Not only Neflix, I mean everything you can do with a regular tablet. Checking your emails, calendars, document writing and of course downloading games from the Play Store eShop or whatever they are going to have in their smartphone.

I would particularly be disappointed if Nintendo ruined all this free potential.

While the Switch does have complete functionality to navigate its menus when the controllers are removed, the majority of game scold not be played in this way, as the require the buttons on the joy cons. However, if, say, a Hulu app was released for the Switch, it would work quite well in tablet mode, as Hulu does not require any buttons, only a touchscreen.

Back