Curious: Would you buy...?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
So I've been thinking about ideas to add to the Pedia Emporium as well as remove some options such as "Custom Shoutbox Background" and "The Removal of Third-Party Ads".

Some things I've been considering to add are :
  • Emblems you can buy with Play Coins
  • Robit advert for NJ threads
  • Shoutbox theme
The shoutbox theme aims at replacing the "Custom Shoutbox Background". You'll find out more about it later ;)

Anyhoo, as for the emblems..

I was wondering if people would be interested in using their Play Coins to buy vanity emblems they can set on their profile and get EXP from. It'll be an alternate to leveling up but you will only be able to buy one of its kind.

Well, I would buy those items however, they seem very conditional based on how they function.... such as is the robit advert recurring because what if it airs while the sb is dead? How much do you plan to charge for these items? I do really like the buy an emblem idea though! Another thing it seems the sb theme is a lot less prominent now do you plan to change that to promote a new sb theme item at the emporium or no? Just some questions to keep in mind but to answer your overall question yes I think would buy the aforementioned items depending on the circumstances!

Well, I would buy those items however, they seem very conditional based on how they function.... such as is the robit advert recurring because what if it airs while the sb is dead?
Shoutbox being dead is actually a good thing for it because more lurkers passing by will view the ad ;u; but Robit's ad will be recurring.
How much do you plan to charge for these items?
Haven't thought about prices yet :panda:
Another thing it seems the sb theme is a lot less prominent now do you plan to change that to promote a new sb theme item at the emporium or no?
The old shoutbox background option will go bye bye ;-; and the new one will take its place.

Shoutbox being dead is actually a good thing for it because more lurkers passing by will view the ad ;u; but Robit's ad will be recurring.

Haven't thought about prices yet :panda:

The old shoutbox background option will go bye bye ;-; and the new one will take its place.

Ok well if the prices are fair and knowing you they will be and the ad being recurring I would buy those things. However, when I asked the third question it seems my point wasn't clear I meant where the background itself will be placed is a lot less prominent. I can't help but find myself asking "Is it worth it?" seeing as it only occupies a third of the sb. Other than that though I think those items look great Marc! Keep at it!

I can't help but find myself asking "Is it worth it?" seeing as it only occupies a third of the sb. Other than that though I think those items look great Marc! Keep at it!
Yeah. Kind of why I'm replacing it with the idea of styling the shoutbox ;u;

So the header will be changed and you'll see a little background image to the right.

Yeah. Kind of why I'm replacing it with the idea of styling the shoutbox ;u;

So the header will be changed and you'll see a little background image to the right.

I see, well you have yourself three great ideas there in my mind then anyway there Marc!

The shoutbox theme sounds good. Better than just a plain transparent image right in the middle. xD

As for the emblems, Looks like it's just an easy way to EXP, although limiting it would work. I think it would be a popular addition to the Emporium.

Not sure what a robit ad is. ;_;

Getting vanity emblems for the EXP would be very useful for members who cannot rack the EXP needed in time for something to do so. I'm in!

I'm curious about what kind of Shoutbox Theme is all about, I hope it come with quite many variations. This kinda reminds me of 3DS Themes in a way. And I'm also curious on how the vanity emblems would work, I bet it will look interesting. Anyway, I hope all of these additions will turn out good :)

Reactions: Mikaya
Hmmm...
This blip-vert robot ad thing interests me. Most likely it would bring links of the ad on the SB, but would it also bring images? Maybe ping separately from convos, whispers or so on? Maybe be spoiled like the robit has "a letter?"

Hmmm...
This blip-vert robot ad thing interests me. Most likely it would bring links of the ad on the SB, but would it also bring images? Maybe ping separately from convos, whispers or so on? Maybe be spoiled like the robit has "a letter?"
If it goes out as a whisper to everyone at the same time, it would be the same as just posting it to everyone :panda:

Speaking of Robit advert thingy, I'm wondering what will happen if let's say, someone happened to disable the bot messages (I'm counted among them as well :p) Does disabling the bot messages mean they wouldn't see the ads that Robit brings as well, or will they see the ads regardless of it disabled or not? Thanks in advance.

Speaking of Robit advert thingy, I'm wondering what will happen if let's say, someone happened to disable the bot messages (I'm counted among them as well :p) Does disabling the bot messages mean they wouldn't see the ads that Robit brings as well, or will they see the ads regardless of it disabled or not? Thanks in advance.
If you disable it, it wouldn't show up.

Reactions: Starry Windy
The shoutbox theme sounds good. Better than just a plain transparent image right in the middle. xD
Not to mention that now with the new shoutbox, the space for the image is quite small and most of the times the image goes unnoticed :p
(Mostly by me; seriously some days ago someone in the shoutbox asked, "What happened to Nebby?" and while it was obviously referring to the Nebby Sb Bg, I thought something had happened to the user @Nebby which made me check the profile only to be left confused since nothing seemed to have happened, till later in the night when I finally realized it was about the Sb Bg. ) Don't laugh plz ;-;

Buying Emblems doesn't sound like a bad idea either, well, depending on what it turns out to be. I'd only imagine what kind of description it'd have.

Robit advert is good too.

Reactions: Mikaya
If it goes out as a whisper to everyone at the same time, it would be the same as just posting it to everyone :panda:
I don't think you understand what I said. :/ Would it be spoiled? That way, people wouldn't have to keep looking at it over and over until the chat sends it away: They could spoil it and the message would be compressed.

I don't think you understand what I said. :/ Would it be spoiled? That way, people wouldn't have to keep looking at it over and over until the chat sends it away: They could spoil it and the message would be compressed.
I have no idea what you meant by "ping separately from convos, whispers or so on" then.

No, it's not going to be in a spoiler. It's also not going to be some long message.

I have no idea what you meant by "ping separately from convos, whispers or so on" then.

Well that doesn't matter if the adverts will be short anyway. ^~^

Yeah I think these would be nice to have, and would be a nice use of Robit.

What do you mean by "Shoutbox theme" though? You said about the header/picture but would that be it? Have you got any pictures to what it might look like?

Back