Darkest LoZ Game?

• Thread starter DevastatedSoul
  • Start date
DevastatedSoul

DevastatedSoul

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
I think majoras mask is a really dark game in my opinion.What game do you guys think is dark or the darkest and why?

I'd say Majora's Mask too, it's easily the bleakest game in the series with a really dark atmosphere :3

Twilight Princess comes as a very distant second in my book

Majora's Mask of course. Of all the Zelda games, this one gives the most creepiest feeling. Just thinking about the set environment, the characters, the plot and game mechanics is all very dark. It doesn't fall into the context of what I'd define as a typical Zelda game xD

Majora's Mask for sure, mainly because the Moon is crashing on Termina in 3 days but also because of all the side stories that come along with it, like the cow abduction and Anju & Kafei's quest ;-; The darkness makes it amazing though, and the 3-day-cycle makes it a lot more realistic and tense, you can't just go and break pots in random houses, you have to save Termina and the Mooooon is sure to remind you of that :rolleyes: It's such an amazing game :eek:

Reactions: Blue Knight
The Majora Mask is very dark and creepy!
The moon is very scary too and you have
three days to save Termina!
Everey day the moon is coming closer,
closer and closer.
The Twilight Princess is very dark too.
I think the Twilight Zones are very sad, creepy, and dark too.
200_s.gif

And these Dark Links was very scary too!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I agree probaly Majora's mask not because the twilight zones and the moon also because of the creepypasta based on it where a boy named ben drowned and now haunts a copy of it so thats probaly the darkest and creepiest to play I remember playing and the music was backwards strange any explanation if yes please tell me I really need to know so I can see if it is a glitch or something more sinister but Im going to eat some dinner

I agree probaly Majora's mask not because the twilight zones and the moon also because of the creepypasta based on it where a boy named ben drowned and now haunts a copy of it so thats probaly the darkest and creepiest to play I remember playing and the music was backwards strange any explanation if yes please tell me I really need to know so I can see if it is a glitch or something more sinister but Im going to eat some dinner
Eh, Ben Drowned isn't that good imo

Majora's Mask, definitely. Everything in that game is sooo dark. I don't know a lot about the game cause I never finished it but the moon is creepy, xD and that game has a really-deathy feel to it. ;~; Especially when you compare it to a bright game like Skyward Sword or Windwaker.

Majora's Mask, definitely. Everything in that game is sooo dark. I don't know a lot about the game cause I never finished it but the moon is creepy, xD and that game has a really-deathy feel to it. ;~; Especially when you compare it to a bright game like Skyward Sword or Windwaker.
You should totally get the 3DS version, for as dark as it is, the ending is also very, very heartwarming

Show up in Termina with no idea of what you are or what just happened
Get stopped by Happy Mask Salesman who won't shut up
Walk through doors into Clock Town
Immediately get attacked by a terrier
Get kicked around by guard
Return to human/Hylian self
Get really high on mask transformation power
Screw around in Termina instead of saving the world from total obliteration
Keep up with your single-minded obsession about collecting all 25 masks
Let the moon fall
Get incinerated by fire that magically and mysteriously shows up when a rock touches the floor

11/10 would mentally disturb kindergarteners again

Majoras mask is the darkest of all Zelda games. If you have watched the Game theory on it, it makes sense... link is dead... and in purgatory... or it was just made to be a really creepy game that went over really well.

I'd have to say a link to the past, it's all cute and nice in the beginning, but once you o to the dark alternate world most people are dead I presume, and villages are usually gone. But for my 2nd, I would have said majora's mask with the whole the worlds ending apocalypse theme and the moon with the eyes and mouth.......it creeps me out man.

Majoras mask is the darkest of all Zelda games. If you have watched the Game theory on it, it makes sense... link is dead... and in purgatory... or it was just made to be a really creepy game that went over really well.
Yeah that's true. When I first watched the game theory video. It was very interesting. But must scary the big moon and the final boss is! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think we can mostly agree that Majora's Mask is easily the darkest game in the franchise. I mean you have a period of 3 days to work with before the moon crashes into Termina and destroys everything. Also you encounter the spirits of dead people that had not find rest until you play the song of healing for them and turn them into masks which you can then be able to transform to. Also the stone tower temple in itself is extremely creepy apart from the sound track which I actually enjoy listening to, the stone tower temple was possibly built as a mockery of the gods/goddess as you can clearly see the upside down triforce and the statue heads teasing all through out the temple. There's Ikana Canyon not to mention the gibdo encircling the music box house. That was just plain creepy playing that as a child, however despite Majora's Mask being extremely creepy that's one thing I actually love and enjoy about it. Majora's Mask is also definitely one of my favourites in the series, definitely enjoyed the dark suspense.

Reactions: Blue Knight
barely a question... majoras mask's theme was doomsday, a moon was coming toward the earth and was going to kill EVERYONE... IN 3 DAYS!!! so it's clearly majoras mask... wait a sec... I forgot about twilight princess! actually this changes everything... I'm going with... majoras mask... yup majoras mask

Lol but Majora's mask has a really happy artstyle so i would say darkest zelda game is WINDWAKER!! :vamp::vamp::vamp::vamp::vamp: AND THE DS GAMES!!!:vamp::vamp::vamp::vamp: Jk for me its twilight princess of majora's mask but majora's mask artstyle is hapy :0 so Majora's mask with twilight princess graphics would be darkest Zelda game :p

probably majora's mask mainly because the game had a big feeling of despair and worry that make it into what it is. I mean if the moon was falling you would be scared to also it doesn't help that there are monster around almost every corner that's scary on its self but the moon falling?! also being turned into one of those monsters from falling down the hole into the place is even scarier i mean think, you're a human you fall down a huge cliff then from a kid with a creepy mask turns you into a deku scrub. i mean that pretty scary think what link's thinking at this time he probably scared out of is mind but he pushes onward to save the world :D

I'd have to say it's a tie between MM and TW. Twilight Princess to me tried a little too hard to be dark, and it didn't really fit in with the...more happy part of legend of zelda. On the other hand, Majora's mask was great and almost as good as ocarina of time (to me) and had a creepy atmosphere without overdoing it. Also, that Link is Dead theory....aghhh...

Btw I'm new here :3

Reactions: ClearAsCrystal
Well I see a lot of people between Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask, but I've got to go with Majora's Mask, mostly because it's basically "Link in Termina" (A Zelda parody of Alice in Wonderland)
I'd have to say it's a tie between MM and TW. Twilight Princess to me tried a little too hard to be dark, and it didn't really fit in with the...more happy part of legend of zelda. On the other hand, Majora's mask was great and almost as good as ocarina of time (to me) and had a creepy atmosphere without overdoing it. Also, that Link is Dead theory....aghhh...

Btw I'm new here :3
I've seen that Game Theory. I disagree with Mat Pat though, I don't think Link is dead, although the entire world of Termina is pretty creepy, mostly because it wasn't really trying all that much. I think it's mostly our theories and assumptions that we make about the game that makes it scarier/ creepier than the developers meant for it to be, in my opinion. I also agree that Twilight Princess tried too hard to be dark to the point where it wasn't as dark as Majora's Mask.

I'd say Majora's Mask, not because of the theories, but because of the fact that the moon has a face and is crashing into the earth and if Link fails then the entire world will be obliterated. That's a bit much stress for a kid, don'tcha think?

Back