• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I REALLY need help... The site I originally used to write, is slowly but surely
dying... I'm trying to copy down everything before everything's
obliterated. Is there another sight besides Wattpad that let's you write for free
and doesn't seem like it's disintegrating?

Well there's a site called Deviantart, and it's also known for its literary posts and arts, but you said it shouldn't "seem like it's disintegrating." so I'm not as sure.

I'll bump again as soon as I find something.

Reactions: Kakea
Thanks! I hope you do!
I was so angry when I couldn't access anything on Wattpad, and there expiation was: It's only a search engine problem, but we've resolved it!"
I still randomly try to use it, but it's dying too fast! :(

Ok. I think you can fit your texts into blogs, and I think Blogger looks like the way to go.
https://www.blogger.com/about/?r=1-null_user
I've been looking at it myself, and it sure appears as though you could put txt and otherwise in it.

But I've also found this little page putting a few blogging sites in line, comparatively.
https://www.onblastblog.com/best-blogging-platforms/
Godspeed, mate. :thumbsup:
Having read that listing of blogs, the author is def biased in Wordpress's favor, and he drops its name sev times. >.>

Wattpad (and in similar veins, Deviantart and Fanfiction) is a terrible place to showcase your writing, considering the user base there. Not one of them is going to take your stories seriously, they just want a perfect scenario to live themselves through in their heads.

That said, if you're typing your stories up, why not just keep the WordPad file safe in your Documents folder? It's like 5KB for a long story at most.

Well 'here' works too. I likes the user base a whole lot on 3DSpedia. :D

Well 'here' works too. I likes the user base a whole lot on 3DSpedia. :D
Stories here don't really make for enjoyable reading. Remember that most users here are the sort who go to Wattpad and Deviantart anyway, and almost every story that gets posted is bloated, self-indulgent fanfiction.
It isn't any good for improving your writing skills either, most people will give you five stars (assuming they actually read your story at all) to be goody-goody and benign and encouraging, or maybe four stars to prove that they're a discerning connoisseur who thinks that nothing is perfect.

It isn't about liking the userbase or not either. It's just the truth. Most people here don't read a lot of books and they just want characters they already know from video games to be thrown into a ludicrous adventure, with Pedians included in the story nine times out of ten. It's not challenging.

If you're okay with that, Kakea boy, more power to you. But it surprises and kind of saddens me that someone who is concerned enough about their writing to want a place they can store their stories safely would look to places that give his writing no room to grow to post them to.

If you're okay with that, Kakea boy, more power to you. But it surprises and kind of saddens me that someone who is concerned enough about their writing to want a place they can store their stories safely would look to places that give his writing no room to grow to post them to.
You're right, I didn't notice before but: No one's reading or even giving my stories a glance on Wattpad... The only review I got on fanfic was a angry rant about my prologue. I'm going to store them first, then check out different sites to see if I can find one with people who's interested in reading, writing and giving constructive critics to other writers and helping them. I'm going to make sure I have a decent home for my stories and see if I can find a site that'll help me improve!

Reactions: Ace and MindzEye
Back