SSB for 3DS Do People Still Like Smash on 3DS?

• Thread starter pokerus
  • Start date
pokerus

pokerus

Helpful Virus
Towns Folk
Honestly, I really prefer the Wii U Smash Bros better. I was initially excited when it was announced for 3DS, and I eventually got it because I really wanted to play Smash on the go .But for some reason, that desire for on the go Smash is gone. I actually traded in my copy to GameStop because I almost never used it. My question is, do people still like Smash on 3DS? Do you think the Wii U version better? O are you patiently awaiting for it to be announced for the Switch?

Reactions: Kadaj
Wii U version might be slightly better, but not worth getting a Wii U for. If and when a switch version comes out, the 3ds version might actually become obsolete.

Online was pretty dead last I checked.

I actually didnt mind the 3DS version at all. I do a lot of travelling in the summer so it really fit my needs. Although you're right, the desire to play it slowly vanished, so I kinda stopped playing it entirely.
Ending up trading it into a local record store :bookworm:

I like Smash 3DS but the problem is after you beat everything there is no more incentive to play it again. It is great to have so you can play on the Wii U as a controller but you can't use the 3DS as a controller for the Wii U when going online. 3DS online can get laggy too so unless you like Smash Run or use the 3DS as a controller in tournaments I'd say why not wait for Smash Switch.

I have the Smash 3DS, but I haven't played it again until recently because there are many games to play with that time, and I haven't touched my 3DS for months.

So I decided to make a fresh start in Smash 3DS, and I enjoyed playing it again ever since, even though I need to sharpen my skills after not playing it for long.

I remember getting the 3ds version first, and I loved it, being able to play smash on the 3ds was a blast. Note that I say 'was' because today I actually play smash on my wii u, but the thing about smash on the 3ds was that the online connection and then the response of the game was kind of bad. Anyway, the game looks amazing for a portable game so I think it is worth getting it if you just got a 3ds.

the controls for the 3ds sucked so I just went to the wii u and have the 3ds version for for glory scrub wrecking and parties where I need an extra controller.

Honestly, I really prefer the Wii U Smash Bros better. I was initially excited when it was announced for 3DS, and I eventually got it because I really wanted to play Smash on the go .But for some reason, that desire for on the go Smash is gone. I actually traded in my copy to GameStop because I almost never used it. My question is, do people still like Smash on 3DS? Do you think the Wii U version better? O are you patiently awaiting for it to be announced for the Switch?
i actually enjoyed the controls on the wii u more, 3ds controls were kinda annoying at times, but i was willing to bear it in exchange for playing anywhere if i had to be someplace else for a reason. when i got my new 3ds xl though it didnt bother me as much and it made playing much easier for me so i ended up kinda forgetting about that lol. although i do like the extra modes on the wii u, as these were fun and added more variety which made the wii u version more fun than 3ds version regardless of these things. hopefully we'll see a deluxe version of this for nintendo switch :p

its not that i dont like the 3ds smash bros, its simply that i have too many other games ive been working on to bother with my 3ds copy lately. i love the game, dont get me wrong, but when theres too much to play and too little time to do it all, i tend to keep focused on more recent games i own

i play smash mostly on 3ds becausr im too poor for a wii. while i will say that it has a lot of drawbacks, i think smash 3ds is still very much enjoyable. its nice to be able to play at school and it keeps up well over local. online obviously is... *cough*... a bit less dealable but overall i still like the game

Reactions: Duffy and Kadaj
Yes. I actually see a lot of people online. Me included.

I bought the wii u smash controller app thinking ahead to when i sell my smash 3ds. I havent yet though. I still really like it though. The first time i saw its 3d it looked deep, and me and my bro played the demo for days. The problem i had with it though is that the fastest way to get stuff is smash run, which is fun, but as with every game normal smash is the best mode. But to finish the last panel i have to keep trying to get the things it wants me too, but it had been taking awhile.

I bought the wii u smash controller app thinking ahead to when i sell my smash 3ds. I havent yet though. I still really like it though. The first time i saw its 3d it looked deep, and me and my bro played the demo for days. The problem i had with it though is that the fastest way to get stuff is smash run, which is fun, but as with every game normal smash is the best mode. But to finish the last panel i have to keep trying to get the things it wants me too, but it had been taking awhile.
oh i actually liked smash run. classic was another fun way to farm stuff too, and if you can beat it on 9.0 i think its actually the fastest possible grind in the game (dont get me wrong, this is extremely difficult and i am nowhere near skilled enough to pull this off, especially since a deathless run is required to clear 9.0. dont try this unless you know you're good enough to do it without failing or you'll waste your gold). it think this is even tougher on wii u with the extra boss past master core, i think its called master fortress and has two phases. sadly we dont this on 3ds which i know sucks for hardcore players who like this sort of challenge

oh i actually liked smash run. classic was another fun way to farm stuff too, and if you can beat it on 9.0 i think its actually the fastest possible grind in the game (dont get me wrong, this is extremely difficult and i am nowhere near skilled enough to pull this off, especially since a deathless run is required to clear 9.0. dont try this unless you know you're good enough to do it without failing or you'll waste your gold). it think this is even tougher on wii u with the extra boss past master core, i think its called master fortress and has two phases. sadly we dont this on 3ds which i know sucks for hardcore players who like this sort of challenge
I think smash run is fun too, but what i mean is it is the easiest way to farm stuff, but playing it all the time can be exhausting. I have beat 9.0 once as villager using tree and gyroid and bowling ball, but that is dang hard

I think smash run is fun too, but what i mean is it is the easiest way to farm stuff, but playing it all the time can be exhausting. I have beat 9.0 once as villager using tree and gyroid and bowling ball, but that is dang hard
wow nice work, that is tough you're right (ive never used villager tho). but yes i agree it can get tiring when you do it over and over again, wont argue with that >.< if you have new 3ds/xl tho and you got too much stuff to do you can tap an amiibo in regular smash and make it fight CPUs in a long fight if you want super cash and/or items. there are certain item combinations you can turn on and off to really elongate the battle as much as possible, such as heart containers+fairy bottle along with adjusting the hit ratio (i dont recommend lowering this, i heard somebody did that and they woke up next morning and was still going so lower at your risk. i dont think this is a good idea, tho) if you want huge loot and items this is a pretty popular way to do it, the more amiibos you have the better

I liked it. Of course the Wii U version is better, but it was still fun playing it on the go. Now the online's dead. Last time I played it was a few months ago, but I already got tired of it. I liked Smash Run, even if it was the most hated mode ever in Smash. It just got boring after a while.

The WiiU version, like everyeve said, is better with the exception of Smash run. The Smash Tour is bad and boring. For a fact I got the 3ds version first, since I didn't have a WiiU at that time and, being a person who played for a while, I'd say it's worth getting you never played. Other than that, just wait til Smash 5

I recently sold my copy. Never touched it much, I've always felt smash is a console game.

I prefer Smash for the 3ds. Smash is one of those games where I get addicted to it fast. The cool part about it since I go camping with my cousin a lot so every night when everyone is going to bed me and my cousin would be playing Smash Bros on our 3ds and we would be having a great time.

Mods. That's what made me have a bigger return towards this game.

Back