Splatoon 2 Do you agree with me when I say the guy Octolings are UGLY?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I mean, look at the girl Octolings compared to the guys :

7m9Ji0W.jpg

The one to the right looks like an elf gone wrong, I can't really tell if the one in the middle is a girl or a boy but I'd put my money on boy, and Mr. Mohawk isn't "that" bad but come on .-.

The girls are so much more stylish while the guys look like crap IMO.

nKIm2ni.jpg

What are your thoughts about this? Are you satisfied with how the guy Octolings are in Splatoon 2?

Edit: Now that we have afro male Octolings, they're OK (IMO) depending on how they're dressed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samster, Mikaya and Mizunil
I mean, look at the girl Octolings compared to the guys :

7m9Ji0W.jpg

The one to the right looks like an elf gone wrong, I can't really tell if the one in the middle is a girl or a boy but I'd put my money on boy, and Mr. Mohawk isn't "that" bad but come on .-.

The girls are so much more stylish while the guys look like crap IMO.

nKIm2ni.jpg

What are your thoughts about this? Are you satisfied with how the guy Octolings are in Splatoon 2?
well they do look kinda weird... maybe there'll be better styles for the boy octolings later once its released? i do love the way the girl ones look though, they look cool and cute at the same time. for some reason tho if we do get extra styles for either octoling gender, i dont think we'll have that many like with the inklings we have now, but hopefully i'll end up saying boy, was i wrong lol

Reactions: Duffy
They are... certainly interesting:). I think more than anything, the dark rings around their eyes make them look a tad suspicous. Imagine them trying to fit in to modern societyXD! In General, they look good, just the thought of a humansquid hybrid is a bit disturbing. I really want to play Splatoon, but sadly I am poor and struggle toafford things:(.

Reactions: Kadaj
They are better looking than I thought they would be. For the girls I feel they didnt go with what in single player because the hair would be too bulky for some of the hats. I'm not sure I would play as them, but I am interested in the story expansion

They are... certainly interesting:). I think more than anything, the dark rings around their eyes make them look a tad suspicous. Imagine them trying to fit in to modern societyXD! In General, they look good, just the thought of a humansquid hybrid is a bit disturbing. I really want to play Splatoon, but sadly I am poor and struggle toafford things:(.
Haha the rings around their eyes do look interesting. I always thought the female octolings looked a little better, but I have no idea how Nintendo could add or fix the guys...

PS That octoling in the Octo Expansion trailer has some sass to her walk... dang.

Reactions: Samster
I can't really tell if the one in the middle is a girl or a boy but I'd put my money on boy
Clearly it's a girl when you compare the hair and eyebrow design to the other ones that are obviously girls, so pay up.

I suspect the boys don't look to fashionable because whoever designed them probably wasn't too sure how to not make them look too feminine with the tentacle hair hence the lack thereof. But yes they're ugly.

Reactions: Samster, Mikaya and Marc
Ninty clearly ran out of ideas once again...

The female inklings are already the most popular used gender (From my prespective) and as a result of these awful male hairstyles, I think the female Inktolings will take the spotlight. The elf-like one just looks weird, The style under the beanie (if there is one) would probably not be worth looking at. I'm not really feeling the Mohawk-look because that randomly placed oversized tentacle stands out way too much (not in the good way). The middle one must be a guy...I think. xd

YES. The guys are 100% ugly. They tried WAY too hard to make guy Octolings, but the girl Octolings kinda just went with the flow. It looks like that look was made especially for them. But, the guys? Nope. Looks to me like Nintendo is trying too hard.

That Octoling in the trailer is actually kind of cute. Anyone else had a crush on a video game character before? :p

Reactions: Duffy and Mikaya
I hope they give more than one option for octoling hairstyles, or i might have to become one of the majority of guys who play as girls. Sigh.. i new this day would come.. I guess i could ignore the fact that i paid to play as an octoling and stay inkling, but i dont think that is gonna happen.

Honestly they do look like crap just no bad design!

True marcy

Back