Do you decorate your Nintendo consoles?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Maybe with a sticker (skin) you bought, a keychain you attached or a case you designed. It's not impossible to decorate your Nintendo consoles, especially the Nintendo 3DS (we even have faceplates for N3DS).

Do you decorate your Nintendo consoles to make them look a lot better than what they used to be?
^ Doesn't matter if you bought the decorations at a store or made them yourself :D

Here's an example of someone who decorated theirs for a Sylveon based theme :

CxG4aoQ.jpg

@Major is one member I know who decorates her 3DS.

What about you guys? ^-^

Reactions: Duffy, sanwich, junior and 1 other person
I put a Majora's Mask sticker on my Old 3DS XL.
6947_1472484663_57c455374cd70.jpg

I usually dislike editions decorated by Nintendo themselves because they print upside down, except on non XL New 3DS but these ones are too small. But the Fates New 3DS XL edition was almost orientation independent so I got it anyways and didn't add anything to it.

Reactions: randysilverwolf, 18 and Marc
No I do not decorate my n3ds it doesnt need any its Pearl White,I do not decorate my n3ds its mind blowing from inside.

I always seem to put stickers and keychains on my consoles especially my new 3ds:cat:

That Sylveon 3DS is so cute!! ^~^
Not gonna put a picture of it here (laziness has taken over), but I'll explain what it looks like. Yay!! Horrible explanation time!

Anyway, I have this like, custom-painted 3DS XL. It was originally blue, but it got painted a light, pastel pink on the front and back. The front has my screen-name, GLAcraft101 printed in cute, cursive, lacey letters. To the right of that, there is a symbol of Princess Peach's crown. On the back, there's a black decal of the silhouette of best Pokemon (aka Suicune). Probably gonna get some cute key chains for it!~

My 3DS is plain. However, I do occasionally put some Super Mario 64 armor around it, if that counts as anything. Though decorating my 3DS wouldn't be something I would never do. Maybe if I ever get a kewl sticker I'll slap it onto me 3DS. :jimlad:

No, I don't. My 3DS already has a design on it (Pokemon X/Y Limited Edition) and also if I decorated it really nicely but had the option of removing it, it would be too clunky and wouldn't fit in my case well. I wouldn't put stickers on any of my systems EVER, when the sticker wears out it looks horrible and when you remove it you have to get rid of all the residue, stickers are just a no to me.

I place pokemon figure keychains that I get from the prize capsule machines. If only I can get N3ds XL faceplates so I could customize it

No, I never been a fan of decorating my system. However I have seen some that come out nicely, it's just never a thought for me. If I were to upgrade I would buy a New 3DS and buy a few different face plates for it. Such as the pikachu and kirby plates.

Printed some stickers to put on my N3DS.

I deliberately got one without any designs on it so I could put new stickers and decorate it differently from time to time XD

IMG_20160512_235849.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Nice! Where did you get the designs?

Reactions: randysilverwolf
I never designed my systems because I used to think that it looked wierd, but now I might actually consider doing it.

Printed some stickers to put on my N3DS.

I deliberately got one without any designs on it so I could put new stickers and decorate it differently from time to time XD

IMG_20160512_235849.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Yess! I'm not ths only rebel to put stickers upside up :D

I used to. I had a white tiger DS sticker that I put on the 'lid' of my first DS(the platinum one). When I got a DS Lite I got a tribal wolf DS sticker and put it on the lid, but the sticker was black and gray, so I got one with a lot of color, since the inside of the DS was black, and put it on the inside, you know, the ones that go around the buttons. Haven't decorated my 3DS yet tho.

Nice! Where did you get the designs?

I just google a bunch of stuff I think would look nice as stickers and print them on regular Avery mailing labels, cut them to shape, spray them with a clear coat enamel (spray cans are at any regular hardware store, makes the stickers last forever) and stick em on. Ive done Gundam, Naruto, Tenchi, Zelda etc.

Stickers that are cut to shape look particularly good on any 3DS/XL that has the stock glossy finish, like the red or black N3DS XL.

Yess! I'm not ths only rebel to put stickers upside up :D

Hayl I'd have it no other way, having them upside down while open/playing would just annoy me although Im not seeing them XD

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc and Hayleia
I just google a bunch of stuff I think would look nice as stickers and print them on regular Avery mailing labels, cut them to shape, spray them with a clear coat enamel (spray cans are at any regular hardware store, makes the stickers last forever) and stick em on. Ive done Gundam, Naruto, Tenchi, Zelda etc.

Stickers that are cut to shape look particularly good on any 3DS/XL that has the stock glossy finish, like the red or black N3DS XL.

Hayl I'd have it no other way, having them upside down while open/playing would just annoy me although Im not seeing them XD
Clever! I'm going to try that someday.

The only decorating do is put Mario stickers on my 3DS XD.

If I could get a clear case for my 3DS XL, I'd totally do it! I wouldn't mind a nice crafty project, tbh, and I feel like creating my own case would be more appealing than using one that already exists. Plus if the design gets messed up, it'll be easier to fix it on the case than on the 3DS.

I'd probably put stickers on my Wii if I had any Nintendo themed stickers to put on it. I don't though, so it just remains as it is.

If you're adventurous enough you can use and/or design some 3D printed casings. There are a few templates of different styles that you can use or modify to your liking all over the internet, just takes some googling to find what you want. Can email the design to a local shop to 3D print for you if you don't own a printer yourself.

Back