Do you decorate your town with tiling?

• Thread starter Lalo125
  • Start date
Lalo125

Lalo125

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
I made my own design for the tile (nothing fany, just red and orange bricks) that I placed all around my town for walkways. I actually really liked how it turned out at first. On straight paths, I had flowers, trees, and bushes to the side to make it look nice. Unfortunately, new villagers moved in right over my paths so they don't look too great anymore.

WVW69jEylCcMXYc3mc.jpg

What about you?

Reactions: 1 person
Yup! I made my own design for the tile (nothing fany, just red and orange bricks) that I placed all around my town for walkways. I actually really liked how it turned out at first. On straight paths, I had flowers, trees, and bushes to the side to make it look nice. Unfortunately, new villagers moved in right over my paths so they don't look too great anymore. View attachment 11985
Woah! That's pretty neat! I hate when that happens, villagers moving on my carefully placed flowers and tiles!
Yeesh, shouldn't we be able to choose where villagers live?

Reactions: Lalo125
Woah! That's pretty neat! I hate when that happens, villagers moving on my carefully placed flowers and tiles!
Yeesh, shouldn't we be able to choose where villagers live?
I know right!? I hope for the next instalment (if there is one) they fix this. This is honestly the only reason why I don't play this game as much anymore; but it does make me want to buy another copy of the game so I can start over without deleting my current town.

I was really hoping for a Wii U Animal Crossing, but instead we got amiibo festival... Oh well.

Reactions: Leviathinian
I know right!? I hope for the next instalment (if there is one) they fix this. This is honestly the only reason why I don't play this game as much anymore; but it does make me want to buy another copy of the game so I can start over without deleting my current town.

I was really hoping for a Wii U Animal Crossing, but instead we got amiibo festival... Oh well.

Yeah, we all loved amiibo festival, right? (Just kidding, unless you did enjoy it, good for you)
I hate when villagers mess up my precious designs. Events kind of mess it up, too.
Whenever Katrina comes or It's Bug/Fishing day, it always leaves spots on my tiles once they leave!
I hate having to keep putting those back.

Reactions: Lalo125
Oh, I was wondering how people made those >.<

I think I'll try but I could see myself getting real frustrated real fast with them >.<

Oh, I was wondering how people made those >.<

I think I'll try but I could see myself getting real frustrated real fast with them >.<
Well, you know what they say, practice makes perfect!
If you can't make one yourself, you can always try downloading a QR code, that's what I did!

Reactions: 3391
Yeah, we all loved amiibo festival, right? (Just kidding, unless you did enjoy it, good for you)
I hate when villagers mess up my precious designs. Events kind of mess it up, too.
Whenever Katrina comes or It's Bug/Fishing day, it always leaves spots on my tiles once they leave!
I hate having to keep putting those back.
I wasn't too happy about amiibo festival, but apparently that game, and HHD, were only made to make amiibos. However, I'm actually kinda interested in HHD. Seems like a nice idea that could roll over to the next main series game.

I wasn't too happy about amiibo festival, but apparently that game, and HHD, were only made to make amiibos. However, I'm actually kinda interested in HHD. Seems like a nice idea that could roll over to the next main series game.
Maybe, but that's getting off topic a bit there, let's focus on the awesome power of tiling!

Yes I do! I think it makes it look really pretty. In my main town I put paths and it makes my town look really nice. Will be putting them up in my second town soon. The only thing is that they take forever to place, but in the end it's worth the effort. It also puts a nice place for you to run on without getting worn grass, you just run on the path and you can't see the ugly worn grass underneath it. Overall I really like putting plaths, someday I'll learn how to make good ones but for now I use QR codes from the Internet XD.

Maybe, but that's getting off topic a bit there, let's focus on the awesome power of tiling!
Oops, sorry bout that. Getting back on topic, I also place a Zelda design I made next to villagers homes' doors. I thought that looked nice, so I went with it.

Yes I do! I think it makes it look really pretty. In my main town I put paths and it makes my town look really nice. Will be putting them up in my second town soon. The only thing is that they take forever to place, but in the end it's worth the effort. It also puts a nice place for you to run on without getting worn grass, you just run on the path and you can't see the ugly worn grass underneath it. Overall I really like putting plaths, someday I'll learn how to make good ones but for now I use QR codes from the Internet XD.
Even with the paths, I usually never run in my town. Just sorta became a habit. I strongly recommend you at least mess around with path creation. You can come up with some really wacky and cool paths. Maybe you could make something cool with sin and cos functions lol. Look at real life paths for inspiration.

You know those designs you can make or download with a QR code? You can place a square tile of the design on the ground outside. People take advantage of this feature and make fancy walkways and sometimes even roads! Also, weeds can't grow on top of them, so that's a bonus! I tend to put tiles around buildings of importance like my house, town hall, the coffee shop, and the train station. Do you use tiling to decorate? If you do, how do you decorate?
Actually, yes! I really like how patterns look for making pathways, that's pretty much what I mostly use them for. However, sometimes I like to use some to create custom floors for plazas, or certain sections of my town. I think what makes them so appealing and popular is how they make the town look much tidier, as well as organized. The first thing I do as soon as I get the QR machine whenever I restart is lay down a pathway, it helps a lot when planning placements of Public Works Projects.

Yes I used to put tiles everywhere... I mean every single piece of ground that did not have something already on it :p. They are awesome for paths and for making your town look cool!

I decorated it with tiling in the past, but I regretted it. I thought the designs that the able sisters kept could be used for extras but I was wrong. The designs that are saved overlap the designs you have, and I didn't know that. So I had to remove all of them. Was very annoying, and I had a bad experience. Never again will that happen...xD

I decorated it with tiling in the past, but I regretted it. I thought the designs that the able sisters kept could be used for extras but I was wrong. The designs that are saved overlap the designs you have, and I didn't know that. So I had to remove all of them. Was very annoying, and I had a bad experience. Never again will that happen...xD
Yeah, I know your pain, indeed I do. If only they had more slots for designs to go in!
That would allow for an even wider diversity in patterns for tiling, which would make towns even more beautiful!
More space would also allow you to have your tiles fit by your clothing designs!

Oh yeah, this is the worst ;-; And to boot, the only way around it is to create dummy files to hold the pathway tiles. I'm a bit on the fence about the idea, I do have them, for the sake of having custom clothes in my personal save file, but I'd love to have the space where I put the houses to build Public Works Projects or some nice looking areas. Although I have to admit, the tent is very useful if you want to create a campsite zone that has one in it 24/7, just so it doesn't feel as bare.

Reactions: 3823
It seems very neat, maybe I should give it a try! I imagine it would be good for restricting people from going past them, but those pesky villagers... It's pretty cool how weeds don't grow on them, seems to make it good for a pretty place! When I get the chance, I'll give it a try!

I haven't tried this yet but I've seen some members on this Forum's tilling and it looks really epic, mainly @Apoo's Mario tilling. It's really cool in my opinion. I'd want to do this once I progress a bit further in the game of course.

Reactions: 423
I decorated my entire village with tiles. The town is beautiful! The only thing that can ruin them (badly ruin them, for that matter) is villagers placing their houses on my beautiful flowers and trees! I put Public Woks Projects on many parts of my town, but that's of hardly any use at all

I don't use the tiles, no. I wouldn't even know what to put on them, and I don't really think they'd be fitting for the town. xD

It's hard to find good tiling to use but I try to use some to make my town look good. I wish there was more space to keep tiling tho. I wanted to make mine look really pretty but with limited space it makes it hard to do sometimes. Right now I have some tiling doing to kinda look like a road but it doesn't look to good so the next time I play my game I might rethink it and do something a bit different. Hopefully coming up with a better look for my town.

Back