Do you need to create a Mii when setting up a Nintendo Switch?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I remember having to create one when setting up my Wii U or using the one from my Nintendo 3DS. Is it the same when setting up the Nintendo Switch?

Thanks!

I remember having to create one when setting up my Wii U or using the one from my Nintendo 3DS. Is it the same when setting up the Nintendo Switch?

Thanks!
You can, but it's optional. When I made an account for my brother, I didn't made him a Mii, he picked his icon, and the console accepted it without any problems.

Reactions: 18 and Marc
I just transferred the Mii of myself that I was using on my 3DS when I linked my 3DS to my Switch accounts. To answer your question, no you aren't required or forced to make a Mii; at least from what I remember when I first did my Switch set up (almost a year ago, YIKES!!).

So, you do use a Mii in some Switch games? Or is that up-and-coming?

I believe you can keep the mii if you have made an official nintendo account.

In my case, once I turned the console on, I was given the chance to créate a mii or choose a standard image of some well known nintendo characters. I did not want to get into the trouble of making a mii so I just picked up an image for my user. I think you could already guess what my image is like!

Back