Do you (or your family) talk to your neighbors?

• Thread starter Arshan
  • Start date
Arshan

Arshan

The Gucci Mining Diamonds Gang
Towns Folk
I never talk to my neighbors. They are just much too old for me. I feel like a lot of people talk/talked to their neighbors a lot. I was and am always a little annoyed having them around. It's kinda weird thinking that the person living next to me knows absolutely nothing about me. So I never talk to them, because I feel like it would be awkward as I don't know anything about them. Not even their job. I also think part of the reason was just because of cultural difference, I come from an asian country while my neighbors are white, so my family though it would be weird if we ever talked to them or invited them for dinner. Anyone else felt this way, or has different opinions?

Reactions: AricAttack
I talk to my neighbors all the time! And they are old too! But IDK they cool old. Also they are very nice so it's cool.

Reactions: AricAttack
It all depends on your definition of often is, but I do talk to them sometimes.

We talk too much. >.<

It's especially awkward since my younger siblings are all very popular with the neighborhood. If every day were summer vacation, I'd guarantee you there'd be a swarm of children gathered on the front porch asking if my younger siblings can play. Seriously, those kids come over almost every single day. Luckily, my parents have established a new policy about friends. They told the neighborhood that we can no longer have friends come over on weekdays; only Fridays and Saturdays.

It isn't too bad, though. Some of our neighbors are actually very sweet and kind. One for example are two elderly sisters that live together. They were actually very nice to everyone, and they didn't exclude me out of it! I could almost always look forward to seeing them because they were so nice. Plus, they had these gigantic Great Danes called Oreo and Diesel. They were very nice dogs, but they passed away in a sad manner. I can't remember the exact order of who went, but one of the dogs had to be put down because she was sick and in so much pain everyday. Then the other dog got super depressed that the other dog had passed away, so that dog was put down as well. Man, it was sad, me and my family legitimately cried after hearing that.

Another reason it isn't so bad is that some of them have a genuine interest in us. Sometimes, they even invite us over for dinner parties with them, which means free food, which means I'm going. We stay, talk chat, and then we'd be sent home.

And there is an advantage to my little siblings have so much friends. I remember one our dogs got out and started running around the neighborhood. We have two Great Dane puppies and a BoxerxShar Pei mix. The two Danes (Bailey and Frankie) are pretty stupid and were easy to get back, but the mix breed (Ham) is definitely harder to catch. It was crazy, my littlest sister rounded up her friends, they all got on bikes, and they did this kinda police patrol while I chased Ham down. It was great.

Luckily, we did get all dogs back safe and sound.

But for the majority of the time, yes, there's too much talking in these here parts. >.<

We talk too much. >.<

It's especially awkward since my younger siblings are all very popular with the neighborhood. If every day were summer vacation, I'd guarantee you there'd be a swarm of children gathered on the front porch asking if my younger siblings can play. Seriously, those kids come over almost every single day. Luckily, my parents have established a new policy about friends. They told the neighborhood that we can no longer have friends come over on weekdays; only Fridays and Saturdays.

It isn't too bad, though. Some of our neighbors are actually very sweet and kind. One for example are two elderly sisters that live together. They were actually very nice to everyone, and they didn't exclude me out of it! I could almost always look forward to seeing them because they were so nice. Plus, they had these gigantic Great Danes called Oreo and Diesel. They were very nice dogs, but they passed away in a sad manner. I can't remember the exact order of who went, but one of the dogs had to be put down because she was sick and in so much pain everyday. Then the other dog got super depressed that the other dog had passed away, so that dog was put down as well. Man, it was sad, me and my family legitimately cried after hearing that.

Another reason it isn't so bad is that some of them have a genuine interest in us. Sometimes, they even invite us over for dinner parties with them, which means free food, which means I'm going. We stay, talk chat, and then we'd be sent home.

And there is an advantage to my little siblings have so much friends. I remember one our dogs got out and started running around the neighborhood. We have two Great Dane puppies and a BoxerxShar Pei mix. The two Danes (Bailey and Frankie) are pretty stupid and were easy to get back, but the mix breed (Ham) is definitely harder to catch. It was crazy, my littlest sister rounded up her friends, they all got on bikes, and they did this kinda police patrol while I chased Ham down. It was great.

Luckily, we did get all dogs back safe and sound.

But for the majority of the time, yes, there's too much talking in these here parts. >.<
That sounds awesome. Although yeah it could get annoying sometimes. My community is generally quiet, as everyone lives far away from each other. I don't have my friends come over often, maybe once every 2 months at best. Most of the people on my street are adults who are interested in things I'm not interested in at all. So I spend a lot of my time on the internet, as that is where I can find people who are interested in things I am into. I don't see myself every eating dinner with my neighbors, as I rarely talk to them. It would be like eating at a stranger's house basically. The neighbor that lives directly to the right of me has said something to me less than 10 times in the 7 years I've lived next to him. It's just a bit weird to think about.

That sounds awesome. Although yeah it could get annoying sometimes. My community is generally quiet, as everyone lives far away from each other. I don't have my friends come over often, maybe once every 2 months at best. Most of the people on my street are adults who are interested in things I'm not interested in at all. So I spend a lot of my time on the internet, as that is where I can find people who are interested in things I am into. I don't see myself every eating dinner with my neighbors, as I rarely talk to them. It would be like eating at a stranger's house basically. The neighbor that lives directly to the right of me has said something to me less than 10 times in the 7 years I've lived next to him. It's just a bit weird to think about.

Most of the people in my neighborhood are adults as well. In fact, the majority of the population where I live are the elderly, adults, parents, married couples, and little children. It's pretty rare to have people my age range in the neighborhood, but they don't talk to me much at all (gee, I wonder why?).

Lemme see here, more stories...oh yeah! I used to live in LA, and the neighborhood I used to live in was...lemme see, how to define it...sketchy. I remember no one was allowed to go out after dark because of the bad people that were outside. Anything left out would disappear the next day, and people were either in danger or the danger in the neighborhood. I remember I got bullied and beaten up a lot, during school and outside of school.

And then I moved east, and I found that the neighborhoods were actually very mild. There were a lot of kids my age (I lived there from ages 10-13)and they all helped out with us moving in. We became friends...I think? I dunno, to this day I still wonder if we were mutual friends or only I considered them so, because it seemed like they didn't want anything to do with me and I genuinely annoyed them. In fact, I remember playing with one of my friends (different from the ones that helped me move. He didn't help but was genuine. In fact, he gave me one of his DSs when he accidentally snapped mine in half) until I heard someone harassing us over the fence:

Me: Pokémon is awesome! I'm so glad you like it!

Good friend Ethan: Yeah, it's so cool!

Some kid over the fence: Hey what are you guys talking about?

Me: We're talking about Pokémon!

Some kid over the fence: Pokémon is stupid!

"Friend" Riley: Y'know what else is stupid? (he begins spelling my name out letter by letter, unaware that I was on the other side of the fence).

Me: Riley!

Riley: ...

They never showed their faces, but I could recognize the voice of a person I recognized as my friend.

Soon none of them wanted to be my friend. They weren't subtle about it, either. They'd make fun of me and kicked me out of their house, telling me never to come back.

In LA, I was abused physically by my neighbors, after I moved it was mentally. Luckily, we moved again, and this time the neighbors are actually pretty cool. People still wonder why I'm so reserved, but they either won't listen when I tell 'em my story, or don't believe me and think I'm just trying to get sympathy by exaggerating a story.

Sigh, guess some things never change. :n-thinking:

To my knowledge, my father had done odd jobs with my neighbor a few occasions. I don't know them myself formally. Nor have we ever invited them for dinner or anything.

When I first moved to where I live currently, in the house directly next door was a kid around the same age as I was back then. we became great friends until they moved to the other side of town, I went to a different school and we moved apart. I still see her every now and then, but we're not as good friends anymore unfortunately.

There's a few old people in the houses next to me, and they mostly just keep to themselves and don't really talk.

One current neighbor though no one in the area round here likes, she has 2 dogs that end up always tearing up other peoples gardens and such as well as just being incredibly loud :panda: She also isn't a very nice person in general anyway >.<

I kinda wish I knew the neighbours a bit better. But the occasional "hi" when we pass is better then nothing I guess :p

Uh, not really. I live within a block of flats so I don't even set foot out unless I really need to. The rare times I do go out (To run errands) I hardly see any of the other residents. When I do, I just kinda ignore them if they don't say hi. I guess they just mind their own business, Which is fair enough. xD

Back