Do you think it's okay to turn off your Wii U while your playing online

• Thread starter SS1o7crazydude
  • Start date
SS1o7crazydude

SS1o7crazydude

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
Hi 3DS pedia and I'm making a discussion. Do you think it would be okay if you turned off your Wii U console while you were playing online or would it possibly be bad for the Wii U in a way? Let's say you were busy playing Splatoon for example and you turned off your Wii U because you just remembered you had something else to do? Would it effect the Wii U or maybe go corrupt?

I don't think it would corrupt anything but you should automatically make sure you have free time before going online xD

And it would be bad for your teammates, don't be that one guy who DC's -__-

Don't turn off your Wii u online unless you finished a game and left the lobby. Don't be trash

I dunno, I mean, most of the time we get messages saying not to turn off anything while playing online because it could cause errors. ( At least, I don't do it anyway. :p ) Most of the time, I don't hear of anything super bad happening when people do it, and I'm pretty sure some do, like on Splatoon if they're about to lose a Ranked Match. Even though you still lose points e.e

Anyways, bottom-line opinion for me is, don't do it. You never wanna risk losing data. It sucks, trust me. ;~;

It would mean that you loose whatever you would have gotten if you finished the match.

There is a possiblitly that you will corrupt your data or worst case senario it could damage the wii software. Also there's what Rawrrie said about
don't be that one guy who DC's -__-
I've raged so many times at people who do that just because they haven't thought about how much time they had.

Before you join an online match, or even before you boot up your console think about how much time you have, and if you remember that you have to do something then it can probably wait a few mins until the match is finished.

Yes, I do actually.But, here's the thing.DON'T do it unless your parents force you to do what you have to do.Sometimes a chore just randomly comes up while playing online and you have to do it but you're playing a match.Ways to prevent this: Do all your chores and homework before you play something.Ask your parents if you have any chores to do.

Reactions: Natsu Swagneel and 28142
Unless you really have to go do something, I wouldn't recommend it. Even if you are gonna go do something, you could always just leave it on for a short period of time. Disconnecting makes you look like raging/salty trash, and it's not polite to just leave your team behind and be all like "Seeya losers, I'm not gonna be here anymore... kthxbai". Like, I can understand that maybe your team sucks, but please, just don't be that guy who ditches everyone just because you're losing.

its okay for me if is a game of "1vs 1" because, altrought its like you lose, you dont annoy anione

but in a team game, please dont do that, its because of these thing that i dont play too much team games unless im sure that they wont disconect (like playing with friends)

It'd probably be slightly more harmful to your Wii U if it froze during online than you turning it off online. Other than an in-game penalty, there shouldn't be any repercussions involved with powering off the system while connected to online servers.

Not really. I've turned it off while playing a game of splatoon and nothing crucial happened. The only thing you need to worry about is when it crashes when you play online (which happened to me once during turf war) especially when your playing with hackers.

Back