Do you think mega/key stones should be removed after moves like knock off?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Moves like knock off, trick and the like..

Do you think mega stones / key stones should be removed or replaced when an enemy Pokemon used a move such as knock off (removing item) or trick (replacing item)?

Or do you think it's perfect the way things are currently at?

It'd definitely be interesting to be able to knock off Key Stones, though probably especially frustrating for the holder. Because it's an evolution item, I think it's best the way it is? Knock Off would be a little OP if it could remove Key Stones or Z-Stones from play, and I say that as it being one of my favorite moves already! Haha, I guess both ways have their merits, depending on which side you're playing on!

Oh god please no! Imagine the nightmare that would become double battles! A trick Fling combo would literally break everything! Partner swaps mega stone for a really OP item on a mega and proceeds to fling it for damage or trick for a better item and a lost slot on your opponent! That kinda just destroys the way people build teams! Now that being said with a counter outside of the Sticky Hold ability e.t.c. maybe that would be viable but otherwise just flat up broken!

You can actually knock off Mega Stones. If say, Charzard has the Mega Stone from Audino, it can actually be knocked off. If it were to knock off corresponding keystones though, that would add a complete new mind game of trying to preserving their Mega. And then Smogon would ban it from OU.

You can actually knock off Mega Stones. If say, Charzard has the Mega Stone from Audino, it can actually be knocked off.
Who would do that though? >.<)/

Reactions: buckembarnes and Pandaxclone2
You can actually knock off Mega Stones. If say, Charzard has the Mega Stone from Audino, it can actually be knocked off. If it were to knock off corresponding keystones though, that would add a complete new mind game of trying to preserving their Mega. And then Smogon would ban it from OU.
Yeah but Charizard's Mega Stone can't be knocked off from Charizard. I did have to check after reading that though.

I personally think it would be cool lets say someone has a OP Pokemon like Mawile with the right stats and they have a Megastone and you use knockoff and their mega stone falls off and they aren't able to use it during that battle I would be laughing to see their faces be mad and stuff and it would be cool too because if they had a OP team then it would be more easier to beat them and not lose to some game nerds who always win because they choose pokemon with good natures and perfect IVS honestly I hate these type of people because they end up always winning which isn't fair at all.

Back