Do You Think Splatoon Will Become a Barren Wasteland?!

• Thread starter Shukurimu
  • Start date

Will Splatoon Lose a Buncha Players?!

• Total voters
Shukurimu

Shukurimu

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ 私に深瀬を呼ぶ !!!!
Towns Folk
Chao. :cat:

So, as many people know, a few days ago was the last Splatfest..

It was spectacular, to say the least.

But now..

Take a walk through Inkopolis, almost everyone is mourning over the loss of our beloved Splatfest!

But is this the worst of the storm???

I THINK NOT

I believe that people would log on to go and check on the Splatfest because it is an exciting event that happens only so often! But now that one of Splatoon's hooks is gone.. How will it catch more squid?!
I apologize for that analogy...

Anyways, Do you guys think that with Nintendo moving on, players will too?!

I know with games like Animal Crossing New Leaf and LITERALLY ALL OF THE POKEMON GAMES, this doesn't happen. But do you think that it will with Splatoon???

Reactions: ✍MaskSmash✌
It will, just give it a while.

The only way it can be saved is if it's ported to the NX. It'll stay relevant for a yearish from the competitive community.

It will, just give it a while.

The only way it can be saved is if it's ported to the NX. It'll stay relevant for a yearish from the competitive community.
You're right! Do you think that this is even a possibility though??

You're right! Do you think that this is even a possibility though??
I think somewhere there's been so many roumers about it that I do think it will be a thing. It's just been too sucessful for it to just be left with 1 game. Hopefully there will be another one anyway >.<

I do think that the playerbase will eventually start to die off and the servers will get cut eventually, probably in a couple of years though. It's intresting that they decided that this will be the last splatfest instead of waiting for NX to be closer. This could mean that they're planning something maybe?

I hope it does

Could've said nearly the same about Mario Kart Wii when some of the official Wii servers closed regarding matchmaking
Even though not as active as it was before, it wasn't exactly ditched either, and that's far older than Splatoon

I doubt Splatoon would be ditched, and at some point the Wii U homebrew scene would bring it back like with those Mario Kart Wii competitions on the Wiimmfi server or custom stages released by the community to keep you coming back

I won't be saying Splatoon is doomed until it actually is

oh man. i hope it doesn't :( splatoons one of my favorite wii u games.

People still play splatoon even after the splatfest to get to that sweet and rare +S 99 or to have tournaments or squid parties. I wouldn't really say splatoon is dead. I would just say that the fansbase has died down a little bit ever since the last splatfest ended.

I believe that, while Splatoon has an excellent future ahead of it, this future is not to be found on the WiiU, but rather on the sequel to it on the Switch. While the WiiU Splatoon community continues to be active for now, it will quickly begin to lose players as they make the move form WiiU to Switch.

Back