SMT x FE Do you think the SMTxFE trailers are more SMT or Fire Emblem?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I've been discussing whether the Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem trailers felt more like Shin Megami Tensei or Fire Emblem with a friend of mine recently, and I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on the subject.

So far I think only two trailers were revealed :

First Trailer :

Second Trailer :

What are your thoughts on the matter? Do you think they seem more like Shin Megami Tensei or Fire Emblem?

They feel like neither. SMT usually isn't dealing with bright happy JPOP crap like that (well persona does kinda, but that's not part of SMT anymore), it's about a post apocalyptic Tokyo being ravaged by demons, and siding with God or Satan, and tough moral choices! And it has even less to do with freaking Fire Emblem! The only relation to that is that they're summons for the main characters, and they don't really look like themselves at all due to those redesigns. It's stupid and a waste of potential for the crossover

Reactions: 3391, Artisan, Iridium Winter and 1 other person
I agree. It seems more SMT rather than Fire emblem. Fire emblem is a great series, but it's just not as dark as the SMT games are.

It's certainly more SMT than FEwith the only thing to make me think it's FE is the graphics. Like @ToxicWolf1132 said, it screams J-Pop. But is it Nintendo's fault if they are being protective of their work or being controlling like M&L Paper Jam.

Last edited:
True,true.

Right now it looks more like a Dungeon Crawling Vocaloid tbh. The "Dungeon Crawling" part answers my question really, it's a Megaten game with Fire Emblem aesthetics and mechanics. I doubt you'd see much strategy going on; maybe as side quest mini puzzles or something, but it's predominantly SMT style. At least Atlus gave Nintendo its own brand of RPG, I just hope the Kawaii Sugoi JPOP elements are just undertones to a deeper, darker theme.

Nonetheless the gameplay looked really fun. Though I'm going to buy it physically, I don't plan on playing it more than once or twice.

Reactions: 3391
It does, it looks really fun! To be honest, when I saw the trailer I thought it would have SMT dungeon crawling and FE battle strategy.

I have to agree with those above that say it looks like neither. SMT is about capturing demons, which is pretty dark. And the FE side just seems to come from a couple of characters.

...Looks more like Conception II to me, or Persona if you want to stretch it a bit.

Though it's neither SMT nor Fire Emblem, it looks like a great game. We have no Kazuma Kaneko as Mirage artist or even chara designer. Well we got FE modified charas popped out everywhere. Still, it's still closer to SMT series since it deals with demons in any form.

It looks dark, they need to make a 3rd trailer with the darkness:singing:

...Looks more like Conception II to me, or Persona if you want to stretch it a bit.
It literally is a Persona clone lmao. At least that means it'd be good right.
Right?

Back