Do you think there should be an adventure/story mode

• Thread starter Swegged-up4tacos
  • Start date
Swegged-up4tacos

Swegged-up4tacos

Life orb shedninja
Towns Folk
The subspace emissary in brawl was sooo amazing! I replayed it over and over to collect all the items! Soo what if story mode returned for smash4 (both 3ds and wii u) what would it be about? Who would be the bosses? Ideas? Should any fighters fall in love? Haha

I miss subspace emissary! >.<
A story mode in SSB4 would be awesome! Especially with all the new characters. I don't think there would be any romantic pairings with the smash characters. The only probable exception would be like Mario and Peach or Link and Zelda. (I'd ship Little Mac and Zero Suit Samus .-. xD) There could be an in depth story about Master Core even. Who knows? Either way, the game is plenty awesome as it is now, although story mode would be great to have.

I too miss Subspace Emissary. Makes me want to set up my Wii and go through it on Brawl for fun.

Nostalgia aside, they could very well make some kind of storyline function for Smash 4, although at this late in the stage I wonder if it's even possible to add such a major feature in to the game.

Well, it is true that we all miss the subspace emissary but with all the dlc coming out you would think we would get a story mode here soon. Final mission wii fit trainer vs tabuu 2.0

Hmm yeah they could possibly add a subspace emmisary-type thing to smash 4 with dlc

God I miss subspace emissary mode. It was the second best thing of super smash bros brawl the first was Online.It was tons of fun to play and the story was epic i will never forget it and i will always love it. I loved the plot and all and how the characters fought side by side helping each other. It was amazing

If there was a Story mode, maybe I could have liked Smash. In every fighting game that I play, I enjoy it only if there is a Campaign mode, otherwise I just don't play it at all... =/

Yep. I would have preferred it over the rigged Smash Tour =P

I really liked the idea of Subspace Emissary and I feel like they could have created a more better version of it because of the Wii U's improved hardware. But noooo, we get smash tour :p The thing I liked about subspace emissary were the cutscenes, and how all the characters seemed kind of connected. It felt like it tied the game together somewhat to me. Maybe they didn't add it cause there were a lot of characters and they didn't want to deal with the DLC too. I dunno e.e But I think It'd be a nice addition. Classic mode is not enough >.<)/

Story mode in smash isn't really needed since it's not really the selling point. The main thing is that we get to smash with our friends and random people online. They improved these parts from brawl so much so can't complain too much.

That being said, I would totally dig an adventure mode. Although I wasn't too fond of subspace emissary personally, I thought the idea of a story mode in Smash connecting all the characters was super cool. I don't have a Wii U personally but having something this big on the 3ds is beyond my imagination. Such a shame. Maybe subspace for smash ballot? XD

The subspace emissary in brawl was sooo amazing! I replayed it over and over to collect all the items! Soo what if story mode returned for smash4 (both 3ds and wii u) what would it be about? Who would be the bosses? Ideas? Should any fighters fall in love? Haha
A story for smash 4 will be good. It needs to tell about the master core and all the characters (not dlc) heading to the master core by progressing stages like in melee, mushroom kingdom, Dk jungle etc. ending will be master core defeated and everyone turned into trophies and someone closes the door on a room. (idk)

Its every fans dream to see their favorite characters from Nintendo franchises (and Capcom) interact in some form of story i would definitely pay to see roy and ike meet up with robin and lucina,or falco captain falcon and fox in in their g/f racers.
so many cool new bosses could be added like maybe black kyurem and white kyurem from pokemon or grima from fe : awakening, comedic interactions between characters like maybe some samus x shulk xD and also ike giving robin (male or female free world here) and lucina the "just get a room already" look.
i doubt we can get anything of that sort but our only hope is dlc at this point or nintendo pulls a trick on us like portal and releases comic or other forms of media online expalaning a story.

I miss alot of things like charchter! Do you know what they need to do well they need to make it so you can transfer charachters from previous smash games to newer ones so if you want ice climbers make it so you do something with brawl and smash 4 and get him but anyways yes i miss subspace emisarry too it wasso fun and you could get a bunch of items and now custom charachters in smash we really need the items and i feel smash run on 3ds was a sorta copy off of subspace emisarry to get items and disapointed that its not in the wiiu version but in the 3ds and they need to make subspace emisarry as a new downloadable content for smash it would be so awesome if they did!

Having a story would be fun and neat to see. Give us more to do instead of smash tour or smash run because nobody plays it. But with a story mode just like how it was in brawl would be a big download so if u don't have enough space oh well.

Of course I do. I think most people who played Brawl loved the story mode with the Subspace Emissary since well at least I for one thought it showed how they all ended up finding each other. It was fun too you played through levels and the fighters were like your lives except when one was defeated your next fighter you picked spawned and you used them. I liked that since it seemed like the fighters were actually working together to get through the level and then beat Taboo in the end. It was like each fighter did their part. So yes I would love to see a story mode in Smash4.

I think that everybody wants subspace emissary back. I want it back too. I think that this should be an update or a dlc that would come out. With a story mode I wouldnt be bored anymore when I play super smash bros. I really want a story mode to happen but I think that it is very unlikely.

I think a story mode would work better on the Wii U version than the 3DS version. The Smash Run works for the 3DS version, and then they could have the story mode on the Wii U version, therefore encouraging people to buy both.

I'd love a story mode on smash, and honestly I wouldn't care if they made a new plot line for it. I'd have a remake of the subspace mode from brawl anytime! It could feature HD graphics and glorious cutscenes, and they could make several changes to the mode as well. (Random Fact: Sonic was the glitchiest character in brawl, since he was added near end of the development.)

Not really. The games have longevity even without certain modes and adding new ones instead. I think it's best to keep each game unique rather than have the same exact thing but with a new engine. Smash Run is the adventure/Subspace Emissary mode of Smash for 3DS. The Wii U version has a plethora of content as well so if you get both games you would be too busy from trying to collect everything and praising RNG to even have a desire for more modes and granted you got the game early enough and been able to play it enough to even care to buy an extra mode if it was available for DLC so it would have to be free and it would take up more space you may not even have. DLC makes me sad anyway. It's just a bad idea (but updates are okay).

It broke my heart to see that they wouldn't continue with the adventure mode. Subspace Emmisary was a brilliant idea imo. I would love to see some form of story mode added on to the game . Although it wouldn't sit right with me on a 3ds

Maybe there was a reason that a story mode or such wasn't added to Smash4. Maybe they lost ideas or something couldn't fit, etc.. But still the game's sorta empty without it >.> I really liked the entire plot of the Subspace Emissary and it at least something clocely similar would have made the game even better than it is now.

Back