• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Doesn't have to be on the Nintendo Switch. It could be made for the next console Nintendo makes. But really, considering Splatoon and Splatoon 2 are similar with some differences here and there, do you think Splatoon 3 will be a reality in the future or do you think Nintendo is calling it quits at Splatoon 2?

Pretty sure it's likely mainly because it can milk money out of us.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: P2.0, Samster and PeachyReimi
Yes but not directly, maybe a spinoff of sorts, ithink splatoon is going to be staying as a nintendo franchise, they habent really made any new ones before splatoon 1 so who knows.

Splatoon is staying. Maybe they will even make one where the story is the focus and the name is related to it. Splatoon is too successful to remove

Reactions: Mikaya
Splatoon is staying. Maybe they will even make one where the story is the focus and the lame is related to it.
Lame?

Name. Somebody remind me to disable auto correct. So useful and yet so unhelpful.

Reactions: Marc
Splatoon succeeds so much that there's no reason to make a third (even though I want Splatoon 2 to get a long support and not make a new game every year or two, like Call of Duty for example)

Oh we will definitely see a Splatoon 3. May be a few years though, like, might be released on the next iteration of the Switch. Mainly because I don't see Nintendo abandoning the Switch concept since it is so popular.

Yea splatoon 3 will be a thing is my prediction. Looks like it’ll be next gen tho, as nintendo seems not to go the “new game every year” route with splatoon. My wuestion is will be it called splatoon 3 or will it get a new subtitle? I’d like splatoon: ink and sink. But alas probably just call it splatoon 3 lol my subtitle was dumb

Nintendo Switch is going to be around for quite a while, and eventually the cost to keep building upon Splatoon 2 will exceed the money they made. Nintendo switch online will help with the server costs but I don't think that'll go into developing Splatoon 2 much further. I think it's better for everyone if Splatoon 2 gets more paid dlc or just a sequel. We get cool new weapons and modes, Nintendo gets more money. Since the core gameplay and graphics would be unlikely to change a focus on story and single player modes like @luigiFTW said stuff make sense. So long as we get new modes, better servers (not that the ones more are bad), and some new weapons I'd be just fine with it, and I think it's likely!

I tkink 2019-2020 would be a likely release time for a full sequel.

I shall be expecting a Splatoon 3.

Oh, absolutely! It’s one of Nintendo’s biggest moneymakers, so you know they’ll make one. :p

I agree that it might not be on the Switch, maybe the next gen console (whatever that may be) but who knows. It’s a possibility, I suppose. \_(ツ)_/¯

If they do make one, I of course will be one of the first people in line to buy it. Cause I mean, it’s Splatoon 3. You know it’s gonna be good. :eyes3:

Doesn't have to be on the Nintendo Switch. It could be made for the next console Nintendo makes. But really, considering Splatoon and Splatoon 2 are similar with some differences here and there, do you think Splatoon 3 will be a reality in the future or do you think Nintendo is calling it quits at Splatoon 2?

Pretty sure it's likely mainly because it can milk money out of us.

What do you guys think?
Oh definitely.

Splatoon is one of Nintendo's biggest IP's right now. But I don't think it will be called Splatoon 3, but rather something like Splatoon Redux/Refilled or whatever. Kind of like a reboot.

I think Splatoon 2 will be here to stay for a long while though. There is no need for a new game any time soon, since there isnt really anything wrong or outdated with 2.

Sales are great, and it's immensely popular with the fanbase. No doubt they'll release a sequel on the succesor to the Switch (or a completely new console, who knows). Playing both Splatoon 1 and Splatoon 2 was eeirly similar similar to me though, and I hope that new mechanics are placed in Splatoon 3 to change things up dramatically.

I think so because Nintendo kill a very popular and new IP so soon. However, do I think it’ll come any time soon? That is a totally different question. No, because they released it extremely early into the Switch’s lifetime, and if Nintendo’s expecting the Switch to be a 10 year life-span console, Splatoon 3 would take away from Splatoon 2’s console, hence why there hasn’t been Mario Kart 9 yet. It doesn’t make sense from a business standpoint. Either we’ll see Splatoon 3 later on in the Switch’s life-span, we’ll have to wait a long time for the next console and have it announced on the next console, or worst case-scenario, we won’t get one at all. But luckily, I think the former is the least likely, but on the other side I think that the second one is the most likely (sadly). I would love a Splatoon 3 on the Switch soon, but it’s just not likely from a business standpoint. Maybe to hold us over, they’ll include Inkling/Octoling in other games or even in their own spin-off. I would rather a Splatoon 3, but a spin-off seems more likely. Or maybe even a Splatoon 1 port/ DX version with Salmon Run with all old weapons available. No new ones though (except for maybe Dualies) And maybe they can even bring back a local multiplayer mode where you need either 2 Pros or 4 Joy Cons to play and you can play similarly to a private battle! You also don’t need the Amiibo to get the Hero weapons. Instead, they can be used to play the challenges for fun and for like Sea Snails or coins (depending on the difficulty of the challenge) but they’ll have different challenges than the original to keep the content fresh (pun very much intended, a bad one, albeit, but still a pun nevertheless). Those are just some ideas though.

Reactions: Jisenku and SS1o7crazydude
And maybe they can even bring back a local multiplayer mode where you need either 2 Pros or 4 Joy Cons to play and you can play similarly to a private battle!
Yeah! I miss the local multiplayer mode on Splatoon for the Wii U called Battle Dojo. Hopefully, (in the event that there will be a Splatoon 3 game) there will be something similar to that. It was fun.

I wouldn't be surprised, honestly. I think Splatoon is here to stay from how well it was received. :3 ( Still wanna play it to this day, but y'know. :p )

If it does happen, I still wanna see a hub world where you can just splat without competitions. :eyes:

Im pretty sure we will. It may be for the switch (hopefully) but theres a high chance it’ll be for the next gen consoles

i honestly hate how they make a sequel. Splatoon 2, the title is kinda lame tbh, like why not stick with one game, and update it? u dont see Fortnite 2 lol

I don't know if it will be called Splatoon 3, but it will definitely be a thing. They may make it a cross-device title so that it can be played on either Switch or whatever comes after the Switch.

Reactions: Deepak
no

• Funny
Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back