Do you use the Auto ______ feature on games?

• Thread starter Aura Knight
  • Start date
Aura Knight

Aura Knight

Spirit of the West
Towns Folk
So there are some games that allow you to have the Auto feature for games. This is most commonly seen in RPG or action games, but I digress.

If there is this feature in some of your games, do you use them? If so, what games?

Personally, I use them when I'm grinding or when the enemies are so weak they're just a waste of time to me.

I use them in Kingdom Hearts Union X for the most part, mainly due to the fact that now I have Kairi EX as my first medal for most keyblades, I just set my battles to auto and watch the world burn.

In a grinding sense, I mainly use it in Bravely Default, The way Auto works in that game is that you have your party perform actions, and the Auto feature will automatically save those actions and will use them over and over again as long the Auto mode is on and your character can legitimately perform that action (for example, setting a character to use Magic on Auto will resort to normal attacks as long as there is not enough MP for one spell.) All I have to do is go to a dungeon, set the encounter rates to +100%, equip the taunt bangle, turn up my volume, and then just run around. I set the volume up so I'd know when to move around when the battles are over.

So, how about you?

I know it's for new players, but I felt kind of insulted at the beginning of Super Mario Odyssey. No, Nintendo! I will not turn on Asssist Mode! I, for one, am a master at Mario games, and will play on normal mode, please! In my opinion, if you're starting the Mario franchise with Super Mario Odyssey, bad idea! At least go back and play some of the other Mario games that inspired this game, like Super Mario 64, or Super Mario Sunshine! My point from all this is that even if I'm new to a game series, I will never use Assist Modes or Auto features. Whenever I dive into a new series, I do it with fresh eyes, so I can see and play the game for all it's worth. I don't want to ruin it by turning on some auto feature so the game can do battles for me, or handicap me with superpowers. All I'm saying from this is, I will never use those features. And if you have to, go ahead, I'm not gonna judge you for it. That's just my opinion.

The only games I have noticed this on are the two Etrian Odysseys that I have played : untold Millenium Girl and :Legend of the Titans . I have to say I do find it useful on these games as it can get boring to individually select each move each turn.
I really like the battle system Yo-Kai watch, in which the Yo-kai attack by themselves and the player helps them out by performing soultimates , purifying and using items etc. I think that has an auto mode too. I think it is great and speeds up the gameplay so you can get on with the story. Handy if you don't have endless hours to play.

I actually don't think it's a bad feature. Not everyone wants to sit around doing repetitious grinding when there are other more interesting elements waiting.

I haven't played too many games where there's an auto feature so that must make me a pro gamer. :cool:

There was an auto reticle power in Kid Icarus Uprising but if a wall is in the way between you and the enemy or another player it's basically useless unless you get the slipshot power and that just takes up more space and works better with weapons with homing and long range and that is a very small amount if any at all.

Where's the fun of the game if you let the game play itself?

Where's the fun of the game if you let the game play itself?
Grinding!

It was very useful in Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation for me. Drop rates were very random and you had to play A LOT of times to get good stats on your items. My phone could be auto-grinding for hours and I could still get crap that I don't need.

I don't know about other games but in DX2's case, it was very helpful. That's the only game I know with it.

Reactions: Aura Knight
Grinding!

It was very useful in Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation for me. Drop rates were very random and you had to play A LOT of times to get good stats on your items. My phone could be auto-grinding for hours and I could still get crap that I don't need.

I don't know about other games but in DX2's case, it was very helpful. That's the only game I know with it.

I couldn't agree more!

I usually use it in Mobius Final Fantasy since I can leave it running while doing my homework.

Reactions: Marc
Only for grinding or when I want to hurry up to the next checkpoint in a dungeon.

Reactions: Aura Knight
I use it when I get bored but I want to finish the game for the sense of accomplishment. Like in miitopia. I was powerful enough to not worry about dying, so I could just let it auto battle.(I never did finish the game though lol). And as Marc said, it can also be useful for grinding. Like in fire emblem heroes, if you want to level someone up quickly, auto battles are the way to go!

Back