AC:NL Does anyone else do this?

• Thread starter Sanji
  • Start date
Sanji

Sanji

The Straw Hats cook, Robin-Chwans Protector
Towns Folk
Hey guys. I'm pretty new to Animal Crossing New leaf, and as i was going to the island, i noticed something. Even though the rare beetles/big fish are very common, they don't/can't spawn if other bugs/fish are in the way. What I do, is that i just scare the small fry's away. I just keep walking around the island, scaring anything away that I don't think is worth catching. In 10 minutes i got 2 elephant beetles, 2 Goliath beetles, 2 hammerhead sharks and a whale shark. Was wondering if anyone else does this, seeing as how I think that it is a very nice technique

You arent the only one, since it takes longer to scare away some of the worthless bugs i catch them then sell them to the young turtle girl when my inventory fills up. But, i mostly use your technique.

Reactions: faustine
Would something happen if you always sell to the young turtle girl? :confused: She buys it at a lowww steep price. :p Thanks for the tip, guys. I'll try this one out.

Would something happen if you always sell to the young turtle girl? :confused: She buys it at a lowww steep price. :p Thanks for the tip, guys. I'll try this one out.
she only buys at 1/10 or 1/20 the original price. What happens? You go broke my friend

Reactions: 3823
I often do that too, running back and forth to scare things away. But I too get get lazy and just catch whatever's there so I can get more bells. But getting the much more rarer bugs/fish always makes me happy.

Reactions: Typhlosion444
I also do this but a good tip is to clear all the trees on the grass and keep the ones on the beach if you haven't already. I usually get about 4~8 golden beetles per trip.

I usually only catch the rare ones. Goliath beetle is the lowest I catch. :3

Reactions: Typhlosion444
This is the main way to go when looking for the 'Big Bell Beetle Bugs,' as I like to call 'em! :p If you are looking for bugs solely to make bells, you should get rid of all the inland trees, flowers, and bushes so that the stags have a greater chance of spawning. Doing this ruins the beauty of your island, so this method isn't for people who like the island scenery lol.

So are there any rare beetles that are on the main island? I still haven't gotten the island unlocked because I just reset my game recently...

I also do this :D this method saves time and gets you more bells. I scare all the little fishes and bugs away and catch all the expensive ones. But sometimes, I just catch 'em all and I still get tons of rare ones.

Sometimes I even scare away the rare ones that's why I catch them all

I used to do that. But... it kinda sorta ended with me getting practically NOTHING. So now I catch literally everything worth over 200 bells.

Exactly what I do. I don't really fish anymore, so I leave the common stuff alone. I do scare the bugs with your method though. I got at least 150,000 from Reese for selling 3 Golden Stags, 2 sharks, a bunch of cyclommatus stags, a couple horned elephants, and 2 or 3 horned atlas. That was the most I have ever gotten from her.

I've never tried that before since I usually just catch whatever I can to get the bells to pay off the never ending home loans for Tom Nook. Maybe I should try that some time, might help me raise bells faster, haha.

I have actually never done this but I think it is a very smart idea i will have to try it some time!!

I always do this yes! And I love running after the fast ones running on the beach to make them jump into the sea XD

I usually catch them and sell them to the small girl if I have time. But, if I'm in a rush, i scare off the small catches and go for the big ones only. I know the small girl doesn't give you many bells, but the extra 500 doesn't hurt!!

I usually do that when I go to the island. The small beetles don't give you much money, so I scare them away so that the rare beetles would come out (Golden Stag, Goliath Beetle) Also, I try not to run, since the Rainbow Stag appears sometimes, and that bug is worth almost as much as the rare beetles.

This is pretty much exactly what I do when I need to make bells off the island, as the game can only spawn a specific number of beetles/fish per area, and scaring away the smaller bugs/fish that are worth less allows for more expensive bugs/fish to spawn and be caught.

As for bugs on the island, the only ones that usually show up for me are the rare ones, lol. For the fish, I catch whatever is there, because I’m a crazy nut for completing my encyclopedia, and want every single fish in case it’s a new one. :p

Back