Does anyone else find Paper Mario: Sticker Star a bit annoying?

• Thread starter mariochristo03
  • Start date
mariochristo03

mariochristo03

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
I haven't played the game, in a while, but is it just me or can this game get a bit tedious at times?
I mean, when you defeat enemies WITH stickers, all you get is money to buy MORE stickers. :banghead:
I mean seriously, could I by anything but other stickers game?
I love RPGs but this ones dialog felt boring as well. ( I did like the other Paper Mario games .)

the final battle i beat bowser
without even user whatsherface as the auto-win sticker and it still had her "die"
>.>

This is not even qualified for an rpg. I still have it collecting dust under a drawer. It sucks, also considering how each level requires stickers to beat it. There are times where I just wander around, wondering what to do. Worst Mario game I have ever played (Lol, even hotel mario and Mario is Missing are more tolerable). The levels are very short and suck, while there are very few levels. This game is severely annoying.

Reactions: Duffy
To be honest, I didn't like this game. I bought it with high hopes, and it turned out it was terrible. The battle system was stupid as you said, (Having to buy stickers) and it was pretty dumb. I wish there was some way that it was easier, it had a good story too, and good dialogue, it was just hard and not a good game. I agree with TheSpiritedWarrior, this doesn't qualify to be an RPG game. It wasn't good. Rating 3/10

aside from that bit i mentioned at the end, i actually really liked the game. but it was really short and not worth 40 bucks, or the time it took to download it.

Guys, I don't actually find it annoying...... I FIND THIS GAME AWFUL. I can understand why some people enjoy it but for me IT'S AWFUL. 1/10 didn't have have fun within the first 5 minutes. This makes an insult to the paper mario series and the Mario RPGS. Don't buy it, it's a waste of money with that price buy Undetale

I haven't played the game, in a while, but is it just me or can this game get a bit tedious at times?
I mean, when you defeat enemies WITH stickers, all you get is money to buy MORE stickers. :banghead:
I mean seriously, could I by anything but other stickers game?
I love RPGs but this ones dialog felt boring as well. ( I did like the other Paper Mario games .)
I guess that the excessive use of stickers might be hinted in the title? I mean, it is call "Sticker Star"? But my gutfeeling already told me to let this one pass. Too much focus on goofy sticker mechanics and too little on the actual story. It hardly is a RPG.

After completing the game, I was pretty disappointed. The rpg style fighting in Sticker Star was completely different from the original 2, you collect stickers to in this one to fight, basically you only fight with items. An rpg with no default weapon, only items you pick up and find, that is Sticker Star. Though you will find a lot of stickers, your going to find the same 10 stickers most of the time? Mario's Hammer and Boot attacks weren't enough? Partners in the original 2 also offered a lot of so much variety it almost never got boring. Not only that, there isn't very many stickers, around 90 stickers in total, which is really weak especially for this fighting style ( And around 30 are thing stickers, which will take up most of your sticker book anyway) . During boss fights, if you don't have the right set of super stickers (thing stickers) then you can't beat them, simple as that.

I was very disappointed with Sticker Star, as I am a huge fan of the Paper Mario series. The game had a weak story, a total lack of many mainstays of the series (I don't know, helpers, anyone?), and, as OP stated, there seems to be nothing you can buy besides... STICKERS! I sure am glad that Color Splash is actually a pretty good game...

I found it extremely annoying. I ran out of things to do rather quickly after beating Bowser. I filled out the museum and that was it. It ruined my hopes rather quickly after getting the game because all of the RPG elements I loved about the franchise were gone.

I have two copies of the game myself I'm not going to get into reasons. thought that the game was fun but yes there were some tedious moments such as you are forced to take damage on a battle unlike previous paper mario games I believe but you also don't have unlimited stickers once you use them you have to buy them

Sorry I was just trying to line through one part but did the whole thing sorry

Little bit.

It’s the most disapointing game I’ve ever played. It can’t compare to the thousand year door. And you are right, it’s not an rpg, it’s battle mechanics are a waste of time. It’s just a bad game mechanically.

My issue with it is that it wasn't like the first Paper Mario game... But alas, that time is gone.
It was fine, but I never did beat Bowser.

Reactions: Duffy
I liked it, probably since I’ve never played the first two paper Mario games. I’ve played super paper Mario but that was umm ... strange. So I liked the jump from active combat thingy to an rpg style. Granted getting stickers was annoying but the only ones I ever needed were the thing stickers. 7/10 for me .

The only thing that kept me from speeding through this game was dumb puzzles that weren’t actually hard you just had to put the right sticker in the right place, and dying because im stingy with my rare stickers. Not mich story with npc’s other than “help me and ill give you what you need to win the game.” It was lame.

I remember there was one part near the end that had me stuck for a bit. You had to go back and talked to this wiggler so he could fly you to bowser's castle . I had no idea why it took me so long to figure that out , but when someone brings up Sticker Star I think of that moment. Was also bummed that Bowser didn't talk in that game , he often has the best dialogue in the RPGS Mario games.

Reactions: luigiFTW
I never got it because of how awful everyone says the game is. I agree with what you say though. I've watched some videos and the game looks a bit annoying and a chore to play.

the worst mario game i have played, basically in order to be strong enough for the bosses is... avoiding every enemy you can, because they dont give enough coins to get more stikers than the ones you wasted, also there is one boss battle that i woulndt managed to win without a guide ,

also it had a very basic and boring history

Back