Harvest Moon Does anyone like the name change for Harvest Moon?

• Thread starter Jeff The Killer
  • Start date
Jeff The Killer

Jeff The Killer

Go. To. Sleep!
Towns Folk
I know its been a while since Harvest Moon had gotten it's new name but doe anyone like it? Do you still call it Harvest Moon? It's been called Harvest Moon since the day it was created but do you have to remind yourself of it's new name?

I still call it Harvest Moon. I keep forgetting that it changed its name.

I still call it Harvest Moon too. I don't mind that they don't have the rights anymore, they still have the game's soul :p

Reactions: Jeff The Killer
I still call it Harvest Moon too. I don't mind that they don't have the rights anymore, they still have the game's soul :p
So true :D

Same, I still call it Harvest Moon. I just can't get by the new name, "Story of Seasons" >.<

Well, you can probably get away with calling it harvest moon, until some sort of sequel with a subtitle comes out. So right now it's "Harvest Moon - Story of Seasons." I wonder if they are going to make this the new Harvest Moon to re-energize the series, seeing as everyone's jumping on a steam 'spiritual successor' because it reminds them of the old Harvest Moon games.

(It seems like everyone assumes that the Harvest Moon Franchise has been dead for a while...)

Harvest Moon did have a nicer ring to it, but Story of Seasons sounds cool, too, although a bit on the generic side. Two companies making games with the same title can become confusing, so I can see why a name change was in order. As long as the pizzazz of any harvest moon game remains within Story of Seasons and other future titles, I don't mind much.

I call every game that is similar to Harvest Moon by Harvest Moon. Stardew Valley is Harvest Moon :panda:

Same, I will never call it anything else other than Harvest Moon

I sometimes call it Harvest Moon Story of Seasons :p. It is a lot like the original Harvest moon games and it has the Harvest moon feel to it so I do call it Harvest Moon quite often still.

I don't mind the name change given the issues of where the company had to split. I still call it harvest moon most of the time but I also call it story of seasons at time. Right now the part of the company that is still able to use the name harvest moon is just riding the coat tail of the name alone and the new games to come out under that name aren't very good.

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon

and now that I own Rune Factory 4, I have no regrets. :cat:
I mean, I started A New Beginning recently, but all I can do is capture bugs and forage things. I even received a letter congratulating me on my superb bug-catching skills. :hilarious:

Let's see... I don't have access to a hammer, a fishing rod, decent walking animation... (seriously, it's so choppy! XD)
I want to like this game, it's just beating me with a boredom stick. :oldman:

In Rune Factory (4), you have a lot more freedom way earlier on. And there's monsters and things. So that's fun. >w<

Why would they change the name? That is just crazy. It will always be "Harvest Moon" to me.

I still call it Harvest Moon, too. I never really call it Story of Seasons, and I doubt I'll get in the habit of doing so since I always seem to forget about the name change. It'll always be Harvest Moon to me.

I still call the series in overall as Harvest Moon because it has more familiar feel and thinking of Story of Seasons as something related to it and vice-versa, because Harvest Moon brand has already being here for a long time before the name split due to distribution and licensing stuffs. Plus, we have some games that were marketed as part of Harvest Moon, like Rune Factory (as noted by Kitsune earlier) and also Innocent Life.

I call it Story of Seasons, because that's just what it's called. I guess it's really still Harvest Moon, but with Natsume's new Harvest Moon and everything, I guess it's...KINDA Harvest Moon? I'm really confused.

I was just about to ask , how come they changed the name.
I had heard "Story of Seasons" was considered some sort of spiritual successor but if the franchise is not dead that sounds kind of confusing. why did they have to split things like that?

I guess I'd call SoS, haha.
So you guys don't recommend the recent harvest Moon games?

I didn't know they changed the name. why did they do so?
Still calling it Harvest Moon though

Back