Does anyone still play any of the Mario Party games?

• Thread starter Kaiserlucas
  • Start date
Kaiserlucas

Kaiserlucas

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Every time my friends visit me we usually play one or two Partys of Mario Partys. Usually 4, 6, or 8. But I don't like the newer Mario Party games. If you gather a few players the game are really fun and I'm really looking forward to a future Mario Party game that will be actually good again.

Does anyone still play any of the Mario party games besides me?

Reactions: Kadaj
MARIO PARTY!!!!!! Well the recent Mario Parties are garbage like me BUT. The second and third one were amazing. This is mostly biased since I have a lot of nostalgia from playing those game but I still had a lot of fun playing those games as much when I was 4 playing Mario Party.

Many people think Mario Party is bad but those first ones were a masterpiece.... Only for me because I am being way too bias :p. And I must say the AI is horrible. The AI spams faster than the N64 can process and the AI can do amazing at the mini-game or horrible.

I did. just as you said, they turned out to be kind of repetitive so I quited them some time ago. But I have to say that I haven´t tried out the new ones with wifi features, maybe this time it does not get soooo repetitive. I don´t know, is mario party 10 any good? I still have my doubts, as i don´t have many people aroud me who actually play those games so much.

Uh, rarely. The series has mostly lost it's luster amongst gimmicks. Of course, part of this did indeed start with the very first games, too.

I'd play them more if I had more people to play with, as it's more of a series for multiplayer, luck is too strong a factor for single player enjoyment.

Reactions: Leviathinian
I don't play as often, but I play Mario Party DS whenever I feel like playing it. I agree, it gets kinda repetitive, but its fun to play whenever you aren't playing that often. I sometimes play multiplayer, but I kinda like playing alone better, just because the game is more based on luck.

Sometimes when I'm bored and forget that I've played the game I will pick it up and hope that I do well because of the annoying luck factor that is the entirety of the single player mode. I'll play one game and get bored of the overly repetitive game play. It's not that good of a game on your own and I guess one game us fine with people.

I was just about to make a new thread about the Mario Party games. Good thing I looked before posting. I love the Mario Party series. I've played most of'em and I'd love to play the newest one that just came out. The 9th one on the Wii is my least favorite, 'cause I hate that everyone travels around in the same car. Don't really like the mini star system either.

I still play sometimes but only when family/friends come over. The only Mario Party's I play anyway are: Mario Party 1, 2, 5 and 8. I'm thinking of getting Mario Party Star Rush when I get money but I'm not too sure.

I was just about to make a new thread about the Mario Party games. Good thing I looked before posting. I love the Mario Party series. I've played most of'em and I'd love to play the newest one that just came out. The 9th one on the Wii is my least favorite, 'cause I hate that everyone travels around in the same car. Don't really like the mini star system either.

Yes, highly recommended! Star rush is by far the best one yet in my opinion, it has various modes but the one i played most is toad scramble, i love that mode so much ive been too into it to bother with the other modes much while playing kek. :p idk, maybe its because of the boss battles and because ive always enjoyed board play over everything else in mario party? Then again it for some reason reminds me of mario party ds where you get as much as stars as possible and fight the boss upon victory, not sure which but oh well kek :p

Yes, highly recommended! Star rush is by far the best one yet in my opinion, it has various modes but the one i played most is toad scramble, i love that mode so much ive been too into it to bother with the other modes much while playing kek. :p idk, maybe its because of the boss battles and because ive always enjoyed board play over everything else in mario party? Then again it for some reason reminds me of mario party ds where you get as much as stars as possible and fight the boss upon victory, not sure which but oh well kek :p

Heh. I really like board games too. I mostly played those until I became familiar(and had the money) to get video games. I love the board game-like style of the MPs. I wish they would put them on the VC. I'd love to play the old ones again. I really want to play Star Rush too.

Not gonna lie, I don't play any of the Mario Party games anymore except for Mario Party 64. Mario Part 64 was really the only Mario Party game I enjoyed... I just feel like the newer Mario Party games just don't have that unique feel with truly new stuff like Mario Party 64 did for me... Not sure if it's just a nostalgia thing or what, but I just really enjoy playing Mario Paerty 64 with my siblings. Totally, off topic, but Pokemon Stadium was the crap too! xD
But yeah, all I really play of the Mario Party games is Mario Party 64.

I haven't played any of the Mario Party games in a while. I have one of the Mario Party games for Wii, but I also don't play my Wii very often because I don't want to hog the TV from the other person who's in the room with me. I'd love to play them again though! I know there's some 3DS versions that I'd love to get my hands on if I had the extra money (and the time to play them xD).

I still love playing Mario Party 8 with friend and family, but the newer Mario party games are just not my style. I greatly dislike the fact that everyone has to ride in the same car, which, despite being engaging, is just not as fun as the hectic mania of the previous 8 mario parties.

I still love playing Mario Party 8 with friend and family, but the newer Mario party games are just not my style. I greatly dislike the fact that everyone has to ride in the same car, which, despite being engaging, is just not as fun as the hectic mania of the previous 8 mario parties.

Hmmm... maybe be a bit more specific at which one exactly? Either im not underway or just never saw but anyhow...

I loved the new Mario party games on 3ds but there was one thing that was kinda annoying and sucked a bit which was that i would play a longer board and if i had to quit the game then i would have to start that one from beginning since theres no midway autosave during board play (would've made star rush even better in my opinion).

Well, I was specifically referring to 9 and 10. I didn't realize what was missing until that one part in 9 where you all ride on separate cars for about 3mins. During those minutes, it hit me as to why I wasn't enjoying this as much as 8, which was one of my favorites in the series.

I haven't ever played a mario party game ever. But that's really for 2 reasons. 1, I don't have the money :p, and 2, I dont have friends to play it with. I would love to play some mario party games, especially after watching some Youtubers play it. I do think people still play the games though, because who wouldn't want to have a good time?

Back