Does switching Switch eShop region from Europe to US make games $60?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm not sure how much Nintendo Switch games cost in Europe (I'm guessing £60) but I'm wondering if games cost $60 if Switch owners who set up their console with a Europe region switch to the US region to purchase the game.

So does this work out fine or is there some sort of problem that force EU console owners to pay a higher price?

What do you mean switching switch accounts? Do you mean changing your already existing usa account to an European account? Or just switching the user. On the latter theme I know that prices on the eshop vary, in my case, I have two users with different regions respectively, one Canadian and the other American. On the former, games cost higher than on the latter, like 6 to 9 dollars of difference.

I think the UK price is less than £60, but it is €60 in every country that uses Euro as their currency. When you use an account that is set to US it will cost 60$. So it comes cheaper than if you buy it in an account that is set to a European country that uses Euros.

Reactions: Mikaya
You have to create Switch users that have different regions set. I did this to access the Japanese Switch eshop. The games will cost different prices and use the currency of the respective regions. If I use the extra user to access the Japanese eshop, I would need to add funds in the form or yen.

I think, but am not certain, that you could use a credit card, or American eshop card on any American set Switch user, and a credit card or European eshop card on any European set Switch user. The problem is that the funds would be separated, and there would be no way to combine the funds from each eshop user.

Well I don't know about price changings, but here on the UK eshop, here's some prices of some of the Switch games:

- Skyrim £49.99
- L.A. Noire £44.99
- Super Mario Odyssey £49.99
- Splatoon 2 £49.99

So it's around £50 which is the norm for this kinda stuff. Roughly translated to about $60 so I'm guessing you might be able to get it a little cheap if you pay in a different currency, but I doubt for the amount of effort it'd be worth it.

If you use a credit/debit card to buy European Games, you could be charged extra to convert the currency, so not worth it unless the game isn’t available in the US.

Back