Donkey Konga drums and keyboard patent filed by Nintendo

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Interesting..

Nintendo has filed a Nintendo Switch related patent for Donkey Konga drums and a keyboard :

2CKkGI2.png

I wonder what Nintendo has planned and if they'll ever make use of this patent :redpanda:

Well I don't know, but I don't see any use for drums unless there is a game just like game on 64.

Dear God, I pray that this keyboard is for typing. I can't tell you how many time I've been so infuriated with their typing system. If this keyboard is here to fix that, I'm buying it. $60? Absolutely! $120? No prob. I seriously can't wait! Also, The Donkey Konga drums look like they could be used for either a remake of Donkey Konga for the Nintendo GameCube, or it could be a small nod to a possible game of the Virtual Console?

Interesting..

Nintendo has filed a Nintendo Switch related patent for Donkey Konga drums and a keyboard :

2CKkGI2.png

I wonder what Nintendo has planned and if they'll ever make use of this patent :redpanda:

Well, I know there's a Petit Computer game planned for the Switch, so it's going to be nice to have a physical keyboard.
The drums though... could be interesting if they're usable on that potential new Taiko no Tatsujin title (though I still want a bachi + taiko drum set for that game, but, doing it with the hands could still be fun, right ?)

Does anyone actually know that GameCube actually had these drums as well? And they look strikingly similar...
21MsCHBAWDL.jpg
GAMECUBE VC COMFIRMED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Donkey Kong’s remake and Mario’s typing 3
He’s a going to fly for you

Did they not have a trademark already for the drums? Lol someone should have copied them. Too late now

I can't help but feel that despite some of Nintendo's quite questionable ventures in different ideas (most notably Nintendo Labo), those ideas are pretty unique, interesting and very well exciting. Here's hoping to see something rather groundbreaking with this patent in the future (that hopefully won't be a complete flop :redpanda:)

They should have a rockband type game and those drums would fit in perfectly. As some have said, I'm assuming the keyboard is for typing and not a piano keyboard? If it is a piano keyboard then I definitely see a music game type coming along which could be fun.

Back