AC:NL Dual save files if updating to welcome amiibo?

• Thread starter Bagel
  • Start date
Bagel

Bagel

we do a little trolling
Towns Folk
If you owned the original acnl, and bought the welcome amiibo version, would you have two seperate save files, or not? (seperate villagers, town, etc.) Also, can you streetpass yourself?

If you owned the original acnl, and bought the welcome amiibo version, would you have two seperate save files, or not? (seperate villagers, town, etc.) Also, can you streetpass yourself?
I think Welcome Amiibo is a free update. It didn't duplicate my save files.

I think Welcome Amiibo is a free update. It didn't duplicate my save files.
you can buy acnl welcome amiibo for $20, even if you have the original acnl updated to welcome amiibo

Reactions: Marc
So what I am trying to say is that, if you have acnl, and update it, and but the welcome amiibo version, would you have two separate saves? or naw

No, just one save, if you played it before the update, it just changes to the new version. Each card will only have one town. Not sure if you can buy multiple digital copies. You would need 2 systems and 2 games if you want to streetpass yourself, or at least a different system and set up one of the other saves (not Mayor) on the other system. I did this with my children's saves when we only had 1 copy of the game.

Nope, as Welcome Amiibo is just a free update. If you bought the downloadable version of the game after the update is released, then there’d be a new logo on the HOME Menu. However, if you merely updated the cardtridge version, then the logo would stay the original. I believe that’s the only thing worth noting. It definitely doesn’t duplicate your saves, at least, not in my experience.

Back