Dynasty Warriors: Mario Edition?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hiya everyone! P2.0 here coming atcha with another topic thing!

So the idea actually comes from a brief discussion I had with my bro a little while ago. We were talking about what would the next Dynasty Warriors game be about, and, as a joke, I said Super Mario. :hilarious: Ridiculous, right? ...No, not really. I bet it could work, if done right.

I mean, the Mario Universe is pretty vast, and there are lots of worlds, power-ups, and characters to put in it, right? And I bet, I BET that people would lose their minds if they put Geno in it. :p Not to mention if they put some of the various costumes from past Mario games as dlc, as well as the different items in it as well! And y'know? They could do special tag-action team attacks if you pair certain characters together, like Mario+Luigi, Mario+Peach, Luigi+Daisy Luigi+Yoshi, and so on. The possibilities are endless for a Mario themed Dynasty Warriors game! :D

But I wanna know. What do YOU think of all this? What sort of things would like to see in "Super Mario Warriors"? I'd be really interested to here what your ideas are! ^o^

Reactions: Duffy
Mario wouldn’t really fit in something that violent... and there wouldn’t be a lot of character diversity. I think Nintendo should go with Pokémon warriors since that fits them a little more than Mario punching goombas and koopas to bloody messes...

Are you kidding me? D: Of course it would! Mario has stomped, kicked, and punched so many enemies in the past, he'd be perfect for it. :hilarious: Also, I'm pretty sure there are a ton of characters they could use in there, there's been a lot of games. \o/ It doesn't necessarily have to be a bloody pulp either, just add enough comedic effect to it, and it's fine, lol. Pokemon had its chance with that whole Pokken thing, and not many people enjoyed it. A Pokemon-themed Dynasty Warriors probably wouldn't go well.

Hiya everyone! P2.0 here coming atcha with another topic thing!

So the idea actually comes from a brief discussion I had with my bro a little while ago. We were talking about what would the next Dynasty Warriors game be about, and, as a joke, I said Super Mario. :hilarious: Ridiculous, right? ...No, not really. I bet it could work, if done right.

I mean, the Mario Universe is pretty vast, and there are lots of worlds, power-ups, and characters to put in it, right? And I bet, I BET that people would lose their minds if they put Geno in it. :p Not to mention if they put some of the various costumes from past Mario games as dlc, as well as the different items in it as well! And y'know? They could do special tag-action team attacks if you pair certain characters together, like Mario+Luigi, Mario+Peach, Luigi+Daisy Luigi+Yoshi, and so on. The possibilities are endless for a Mario themed Dynasty Warriors game! :D

But I wanna know. What do YOU think of all this? What sort of things would like to see in "Super Mario Warriors"? I'd be really interested to here what your ideas are! ^o^
Are you kidding me? D: Of course it would! Mario has stomped, kicked, and punched so many enemies in the past, he'd be perfect for it. :hilarious: Also, I'm pretty sure there are a ton of characters they could use in there, there's been a lot of games. \o/ It doesn't necessarily have to be a bloody pulp either, just add enough comedic effect to it, and it's fine, lol. Pokemon had its chance with that whole Pokken thing, and not many people enjoyed it. A Pokemon-themed Dynasty Warriors probably wouldn't go well.
Actually this could work... If you don't have a powerup, mario could use his hammer from the rpgs, or use koopas to shell other guys. luigi would be more of the same deal. Bowser could be a good guy and breathe fire.

On the other hand I'm not so sure about Geno being in the game... It's been too long and I think most people would be confused who he is... he almost doesn't really look like a mario character. Maybe some weird crossovers like donkey and diddy kong, or pauline, waluigi and wario. Obviously blood wouldn't fit into a mario game, neither would swords or magic so I think powerups around the map would be used to grab fireballs or boomarangs or the ice powerup.

This could DEFINITELY work!

Reactions: P2.0
Actually this could work... If you don't have a powerup, mario could use his hammer from the rpgs, or use koopas to shell other guys. luigi would be more of the same deal. Bowser could be a good guy and breathe fire.

On the other hand I'm not so sure about Geno being in the game... It's been too long and I think most people would be confused who he is... he almost doesn't really look like a mario character. Maybe some weird crossovers like donkey and diddy kong, or pauline, waluigi and wario. Obviously blood wouldn't fit into a mario game, neither would swords or magic so I think powerups around the map would be used to grab fireballs or boomarangs or the ice powerup.

This could DEFINITELY work!
That's what I thought, too! It doesn't have to be bloody to be a Dynasty Warriors game. You could substitute like comedic swirls, or stars for getting hit. Or the animations Smash Bros. uses when characters hit each other!

Also, I may have to withdraw on the Geno character, since Nintendo didn't make him, he may not can be in there. ;~; Too bad, because he has some really cool moves.

Also yeah, crossover characters and powerups could definitely work in this! \o/ There's so many to choose from!

That's what I thought, too! It doesn't have to be bloody to be a Dynasty Warriors game. You could substitute like comedic swirls, or stars for getting hit. Or the animations Smash Bros. uses when characters hit each other!

Also, I may have to withdraw on the Geno character, since Nintendo didn't make him, he may not can be in there. ;~; Too bad, because he has some really cool moves.

Also yeah, crossover characters and powerups could definitely work in this! \o/ There's so many to choose from!

Geno did make it to smash (as a mii fighter outfit... also I think it's paid downloadable content), so it could happen maybe? I just don't think it would really fit or make sense.

But...

Say they make the base game with regular characters (mario, luigi, peach, bowser, wario and waluigi), they could do a downloadable content pack with mario rpg (SNES) chracters becoming playable! Sort of how new characters are becoming playable in Fire Emblem: Warriors with the Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (NES/SNES/DS) downloadable content pack.

Nah... I don't think it would really fit.
It fitted Fire Emblem andZelda because the combat in those series are a little more realistic; with mario, you'll be stomping for the most part.
At the same time, it could be really fun:
Mario could have access to F.L.U.D.D., the spin attack, cappy, etc as well as a variety of powerups.
But most of the other characters could fall short on what they could do. The reason Zelda worked so well was because there were a variety of items and each game was different, allowing for a lot of variety in character movesets and specials.

A kid icarus warriors could be good, due to thecharacter variety (Pit, palutena, Magnus, Phosphora, Viridi, Hades etc) but people would rather have an actual game/port and it could end up being neglected.

I personally think a Xenoblade warriors game could do really well; we could have Shulk, Rex, Pyra, Fiora, Reyn, Dunban.. FREAKING METAL FACE! The combat would be interesting; using arts and whatnot and the locations would be good as well.

Reactions: Duffy
I can't see it happening, but that doesn't mean it is impossible. It would just seem out of place for Mario to be bashing skulls in left and right.

I don't think I'd like that, personally. Despite liking Hyrule Warriors & Fire Emblem Warriors.
I feel like there's some other style of games I'd enjoy with a mario touch but i dont think that's one of them.

You wouldnt be able to be lazy with it. It might end up being a jump combo game for some moves, and fire ball moves, and yoshi egg throws, and luigi vaccumes, and koopa shell spins, and peach parosal pops, what im also trying to say, is as long as you get the mario elements in and dont crowd the field with too many enemies, this could be a excellent idea.

Whoa! This would be awesome! :0

I can totally imagine slamming Koopa Troopas and stomping Goombas with Mario in a Dynasty Warriors Thor game! They did it with Zelda, and Fire Emblem, so why not Mario? :p

And you’re right, there’s an absolute ton of characters that you could add to the game! Nabbit, Birdo, Yoshi, Luigi, Peach, Toad, and tons of others! :D

Okay, random thought while I was typing this. I just thought of what it’d be like if Toadsworth was a playable character. :hilarious: Like, what would his special be? And how would you fight with him? xD

Overall, this is a fantastic idea, and I would love to see it made into a real game! :redpanda:

it wont fit, also, event if it gets developend, geno wont be in it see how smash bros has only cloud ,his stage and two songs ¿do you think square they would let nintendo use a character that square wont benefit in any way?

but, i would like a sequel of fire emblem warriors, with heavy infantry,beast units and...¿maybe the magic triangle?

Back