Farm Ruppees in Link between worlds

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk
I seen this neat tip on how to farm ruppees in the new zelda game very early on:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/711412-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/67914759

As soon as you get to Kakariko Village, make sure you earn enough money to buy the bottle from the vendor. At that point, enter the house with the Bee on it and talk to the Bee Guy to receive the Net.

Now leave the house, and in the lower left hand of Kakariko Village is a big patch of grass. Cut this grass until a bee appears, and if a bee has not appeared yet go into the chicken house and come back out to respawn the grass. Once a bee has appeared, use the net on it to catch it in the bottle and then take it back to the Bee Guy to receive a whopping 50 rupees! Exit the house and repeat.

Using this method you will collect rupees as you cut down the grass and then you will get 50 rupees each time you catch a bee. I was able to make over 3,000 rupees in under 20 minutes with this method. The bees will continue to respawn and it is easy as pie to get them.

After the third bee or so that you will catch, you will find the golden bee. Catch this bee and give it to the Bee Guy to receive the Bee Badge that keeps bees from attacking you as you try to collect them.

This is an excellent way to earn a ton of rupees right away in the game, and it doesnt take long to amass a huge amount of rupees. This way you can buy all the items early on and wont have to worry about rented items being returned upon death. As well as the ability to upgrade items once you own them.

hope it helps.

yes, there is a way to farm in each game but there is the long way and the quickest way.

yes, there is a way to farm in each game but there is the long way and the quickest way.
Very true. And I think this happens to be the case for rupee farming particularly with the 2D Zelda games where everything respawns so quickly lol

I didn't really have the need to farm rupees. They are pretty generous with the rupees in A Link Between Worlds. I think I had about 1,5oo on my first trip to Lorule.

I didn't really have the need to farm rupees. They are pretty generous with the rupees in A Link Between Worlds. I think I had about 1,5oo on my first trip to Lorule.
Did the rupees come from just beating monsters along the way or were there a huge amount of pots and such that you were able to smash by the time you got there?

Did the rupees come from just beating monsters along the way or were there a huge amount of pots and such that you were able to smash by the time you got there?
Monsters, grass, and some chests I came across as I was walking around. I've seen a lot of 100 rupee chests in the game and an occasional 300 rupee one.

Monsters, grass, and some chests I came across as I was walking around. I've seen a lot of 100 rupee chests in the game and an occasional 300 rupee one.
wait really? So, like compared to Twilight Princess there's a greater abundance of 100 rupee chests, which you usually see more of post-game (and I didn't know a 300 rupee one existed). Does wallet filling up quickly ever become an issue?

wait really? So, like compared to Twilight Princess there's a greater abundance of 100 rupee chests, which you usually see more of post-game (and I didn't know a 300 rupee one existed). Does wallet filling up quickly ever become an issue?
If I recall, there is at least one 100 rupee chest in each dungeon. Also if I remember correctly, a 300 rupee first appeared in Majora's Mask. You had to kill the Takuri(the bird that steals your items) near Milk Road and it dropped a huge orange rupee.
Not really since the max amount of rupees you can carry in A Link Between Worlds is 9,999 and there is no wallet increments like the other Legend of Zelda games.

If I recall, there is at least one 100 rupee chest in each dungeon. Also if I remember correctly, a 300 rupee first appeared in Majora's Mask. You had to kill the Takuri(the bird that steals your items) near Milk Road and it dropped a huge orange rupee.
Not really since the max amount of rupees you can carry in A Link Between Worlds is 9,999 and there is no wallet increments like the other Legend of Zelda games.
Wow, I guess Nintendo decided to make the game a bit more easy without that limitation (well, not easy but you get what I mean). Oh, if it's an orange rupee then maybe I HAVE seen a couple in Twilight Princess

Some of the 100 rupee are a bit challenging to get though. Also I was wrong on the amount that the Takuri gives you. It is 200 rupee not 300. 300 rupee amount first appear in A Link to the Past but the first time it got it's own specific color was in Phantom Hourglass. They are the Gold Rupees.

Some of the 100 rupee are a bit challenging to get though. Also I was wrong on the amount that the Takuri gives you. It is 200 rupee not 300. 300 rupee amount first appear in A Link to the Past but the first time it got it's own specific color was in Phantom Hourglass. They are the Gold Rupees.
oh ok. Well, I guess it makes sense that some of the 100 rupees are at least somewhat challenging to get. I guess I never did get a 300 rupee in Twilight Princess :p

oh ok. Well, I guess it makes sense that some of the 100 rupees are at least somewhat challenging to get. I guess I never did get a 300 rupee in Twilight Princess :p
Yea it does. Jovani gives you infinite 300 rupees if you got all 50 of the Poe Souls in the game, like what collecting the 100 Gold Skulltula Tokens in Ocarina of Time gives you.

Yea it does. Jovani gives you infinite 300 rupees if you got all 50 of the Poe Souls in the game, like what collecting the 100 Gold Skulltula Tokens in Ocarina of Time gives you.
Well infinite 300 rupees is different from a 300 rupee treasure chest containing a physical rupee. I mean, if like you said they didn't make it until Phantom Hourglass then it's impossible to get a colored rupee worth 300 in Twilight Princess. That's what I meant

Well infinite 300 rupees is different from a 300 rupee treasure chest containing a physical rupee. I mean, if like you said they didn't make it until Phantom Hourglass then it's impossible to get a colored rupee worth 300 in Twilight Princess. That's what I meant
I am getting confused on rupee amounts. I'm sorry. :p but yea they are different things. The colors make it confusing on what the amounts are. There is a Rupee mini-game in A Link Between Worlds but it isn't worth it in the slightest.

I am getting confused on rupee amounts. I'm sorry. :p but yea they are different things. The colors make it confusing on what the amounts are. There is a Rupee mini-game in A Link Between Worlds but it isn't worth it in the slightest.
Yeah, I think I know what mini-game you're talking about lol Oh well, hopefully people know there are better methods of farming rupees than that

Yeah, I think I know what mini-game you're talking about lol Oh well, hopefully people know there are better methods of farming rupees than that
Oh which one do you think it is? Yea there are better ways to get rupees. There is an enemy that I saw that always drop red(20) rupees whenever you kill it.

what is Nintendo thinking? If you make it too easy to get ruppees you can't do fun things like going into a guard's station and smashing all the pots over and over and over and over :p

Oh which one do you think it is? Yea there are better ways to get rupees. There is an enemy that I saw that always drop red(20) rupees whenever you kill it.
one of those shooting galleries I think?

what is Nintendo thinking? If you make it too easy to get ruppees you can't do fun things like going into a guard's station and smashing all the pots over and over and over and over :p
Who's to say you can't do that? :p I mean, perhaps they're just providing an alternative to the smashing :p

one of those shooting galleries I think?
Do you want me to answer that if it is or not?

What? You like to smash the guard's pots? I wondered why there was a Poe Buyer in the future. I believe it is people like you that ruined the pot business and that caused the Poe Buyer to show up. :p

Back