Favorite Cartoon Cartoon?

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
If anyone watched Cartoon Network in the late 90s or early 2000s, you know the Cartoon Cartoons. Those classic cartoons you looked forward to watching after a long day of school. So since its Throwback Thursday, what's your favorite Cartoon Cartoon? Disclaimer: Samurai Jack, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Capm Lazlo, or any show that aired after 2007 isn't a Cartoon Cartoon.

One of my favorite "classic" Cartoon Network shows was Courage the Cowardly Dog, while I didn't quite watch it that often as a kid compared to other shows like Powerpuff Girls and Dexter, as an adult I appreciate it for its horror and sci fi themes along with its handling of adult subjects like domestic violence (The Mask), along with Hey Arnold, Courage the Cowardly Dog is definitely one of the best animated shows from the 90's.

I really love Ed Edd n Eddy it's my favorite cartoon network cartoon from the past and I still love it till this day. I really want to find out what the heck is under double d's hat it's just very eerie and very curious of what's under his dang hat.:D Also I really like The Amazing World Of Gumball it's hilarious.:p

Gumball! Although I don't think that counts....

Reactions: Derplink_:3 and Jeff The Killer
Courage the Cowardly Dog. It's my favourite cartoon ever :D It's so dark and yet so funny. I watch it now and I think, how the heck did they think kids should watch this? But they did, and I consider myself very lucky to have been raised watching scary graphic violence that surpasses every horror movie ahem... I mean, to have been raised on that dark humour. My favourite episodes include Little Muriel, that episode where Muriel gets possessed by a demon inside a mattress, the Granny Stew episode and ... all of them. I love all of them.

I must say something: it wasn't always just silly. One of my favourite episodes, 'The Hunchback of Nowhere', moved me very much and I have come extremely close to crying (as a kid I think I did cry) whenever I've watched it, that scene where Courage plays with the Hunchback (the person no one talks to or even looks at because he's ugly) in the shed and they ring bells and laugh together. I can't express how touching it was. Cartoons today can't really accomplish something like that; they're all rubbish that make pop culture references or parody adult stuff or try to be extreme but in a tasteless way.

I really loved Dexter and Powerpuff Girls too.

Reactions: Jeff The Killer and Magik
Courage the Cowardly Dog. It's my favourite cartoon ever :D It's so dark and yet so funny. I watch it now and I think, how the heck did they think kids should watch this? But they did, and I consider myself very lucky to have been raised watching scary graphic violence that surpasses every horror movie ahem... I mean, to have been raised on that dark humour. My favourite episodes include Little Muriel, that episode where Muriel gets possessed by a demon inside a mattress, the Granny Stew episode and ... all of them. I love all of them.

I must say something: it wasn't always just silly. One of my favourite episodes, 'The Hunchback of Nowhere', moved me very much and I have come extremely close to crying (as a kid I think I did cry) whenever I've watched it, that scene where Courage plays with the Hunchback (the person no one talks to or even looks at because he's ugly) in the shed and they ring bells and laugh together. I can't express how touching it was. Cartoons today can't really accomplish something like that; they're all rubbish that make pop culture references or parody adult stuff or try to be extreme but in a tasteless way.

I really loved Dexter and Powerpuff Girls too.

Courage was the coolest, the episode that was the scariest was the one with King Ramses's curse...the animation and his voice was, scary!

I think mine was probably Sheep in the City, I know it's old but I loved the though of a sheep walking around town causing mayhem...it's like the 90's, version of Goat Simulator

Reactions: 18
Courage was the coolest, the episode that was the scariest was the one with King Ramses's curse...the animation and his voice was, scary!
Can't believe I forgot that! "Return the slab..." It's one of the best things I've ever watched.

it doesn't

I like Phineas and Ferb very much, because they make funny inventions. And experience fun adventures .
Agent P to solve missions and Doofensmitsh who want to continue doing bad things . And Candice who is always calling her mother.
In short, I find Phineas and Ferb really cool.

I like Phineas and Ferb very much, because they make funny inventions. And experience fun adventures .
Agent P to solve missions and Doofensmitsh who want to continue doing bad things . And Candice who is always calling her mother.
In short, I find Phineas and Ferb really cool.
Those are Disney cartoons though. We're talking 90s and early 2000s CN cartoons here :)

Reactions: Doctor Strange
Gumball! Although I don't think that counts....
I mean from the new gen of cartoon :D

Courage the Cowardly Dog immediately comes to mind. It was amazing for pretty much every reason @Spinnerweb stated.

Courage for sure. I loved watching it as a kid and although it's kind of a weird 'toon which has it's moments, it was still the highlight of my childhood years. Courage is so cute though, and it's funny that he's actually always scared but has the name 'Courage' - total opposite!. xD

Reactions: 18
Courage for sure. I loved watching it as a kid and although it's kind of a weird 'toon which has it's moments, it was still the highlight of my childhood years. Courage is so cute though, and it's funny that he's actually always scared but has the name 'Courage' - total opposite!. xD
I think they've shown that one doesn't have to be a muscular Indiana Jones to be courageous. Courage is always scared, but when it comes down to it he'll do whatever it takes to save Muriel.

"The things I do for love," like he always says :D

Reactions: Mikaya
My personal favorite is between The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Codename:Kids Next Door. Billy and Mamdy was a personal favorite as a child and still is, I think the concept is unique that the Grim Reaper is forced to be two kids' best friend. It has really good jokes and loved their specials.
Kids Next Door was also cool because kids are fighting against adult tyranny and also had a unique concept. Having kids start an organization to fight for what they want against adults in funny idea. The characters were memorable, the villians were cliché, nut really humourous and creative. So those were my two favorite Cartoon Cartoons.

My favourite cartoon is pokemon each and every generation is very special to me. Mostly in my chilhood I used wacth this cartoon.I have watch each and ever show of this cartoon more than 100!! Times.I don't why this cartoon is very close to my heart.I wish as long as I live this show go on.

Does anyone remember this on Nickolodeon back in the day? ;)

Back