Favorite Horror Movies to Watch During Halloween

• Thread starter FLCL
  • Start date
FLCL

FLCL

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Well, since its October, I'd figure I would start a thread for discussing our favorite horror movies to watch during Halloween, and please keep the discussion to actual horror movies and don't post your favorite horror movie as "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never", that's all I ask.

Here's a list of some of my favorite films to watch during Halloween:

1.)Alien
2.)Halloween
3.)The Exorcist
4.)Night of the Living Dead
5.)The Shining
6.)The Evil Dead trilogy (Evil Dead, Evil Dead II and Army of Darkness)
7.)The Silence of the Lambs
8.)Pan's Labyrinth
9.)Shaun of the Dead
10.)An American Werewolf in London

Reactions: Kaynil
Halloween Town on Disney Channel lol

but for the real scary movies; The Conjuring, The Exorcist, Nightmare on Elm Street, Any Halloween film, Insidious, The Ring. No Zombie movies. i dont like Zombies!

I don't have a staple one but I think this year I'll watch Sweeney Todd and Paranorman at least, the second I have never watched before.

Kuddos for your lists, pretty cool choices there.

There are only two movies I've ever watched in my whole life that actually scared me, so I'm going to post them:

• A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - I was a kid! :eek: It scared the hell outta me; I'd love to watch it again to understand it better because a tiny tot can't grasp everything except the hat-man is gonna come for me :nailbiting:
  • Evil Dead (1981) - This one I watched about a year ago with my family and it was really scary! The remake was quite scary too, but this one was keep-me-awake-at-night material. I don't know how they managed it, but it was kinda Japanese-horror-y and that's what made it so scary - the Japanese always make better, scarier horror movies.
Oh, and:
  • The Grudge (Japanese version) - This didn't really keep me awake or anything when I watched it again two years ago, but it was really interesting and creepy. As a kid, though, when I watched it, it remained stuck in my mind and well, it scared me pretty badly.

Reactions: Dark Link and 4362
You've watched Pan's Labyrinth?? Can you tell me how it is? I really want to see it but I'm a bit thrown off due to subtitles (I am a really slow reader so I have to pause movies all the time if they have subtitles. If the movie is good though I will watch it!) My main concern is that it's going to be really gory. I can't stand overly gory movies (Saw) they make me feel ill. If it's a little gory it's no big deal. I saw one bit where this no-eyed monster (eyes on his hand actually, I think?) ate the heads off these fairies ... that was OK. I'm just not okay with like slasher/torture flicks.

I don't really watch horror films, I watch the like cute Halloween ones hehe. Halloween Town, Scary Godmother, Don't Look Under the Bed, The Corpse Bride, The Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.

You've watched Pan's Labyrinth?? Can you tell me how it is?

It's great. It's more dark fantasy than horror, but it has lots and lots of explicit violence. You'll have to watch it with subtitles to truly enjoy it. It was truly original and the ending was good.

I don't really watch horror films, I watch the like cute Halloween ones hehe. Halloween Town, Scary Godmother, Don't Look Under the Bed, The Corpse Bride, The Nightmare Before Christmas, etc.
I loved The Corpse Bride :D

It's great. It's more dark fantasy than horror, but it has lots and lots of explicit violence. You'll have to watch it with subtitles to truly enjoy it. It was truly original and the ending was good.

I loved The Corpse Bride :D

I think I have to watch it with subtitles regardless, I don't believe there is an English subbed version. I can watch it with subtitles, it'll just take me a long time (and the movies already long!) so I just wanted to make sure it was worth it! ^~^

the most scary I have seen is a nightmare on elm street (the new remake) and I have heard the child's play series is terrifying too I have also seen haunted, raaz 3 raaz 2 and 1920 and 1920 evil returns

Not really on Halloween but I watched "The Shutter", a famous Thai ghost movie back in 2004
Another one is called Laddaland, another Ghost movie. Watching this one is like hell, super scary!

I should've watched something like the Nightmare Before Christmas //facepalm

Reactions: 18
Not really on Halloween but I watched "The Shutter", a famous Thai ghost movie back in 2004
Another one is called Laddaland, another Ghost movie. Watching this one is like hell, super scary!

I should've watched something like the Nightmare Before Christmas //facepalm
I watched a scene from The Shutter and it was scarier than 10 American horrors put together :eek:

I watched a scene from The Shutter and it was scarier than 10 American horrors put together :eek:

The shutter is very famous back in 2004. Now I assure you, Laddaland is wayyy scarier (and a bit funny as well)

OMG I watched a movie (forgots its name -.-) but it was about a whole country getting investated by Crows and the way the crows would kill humans is really gruesome D: but it was a scary movie. Now I am paranoid of birds :bag:

I don´t really watch Horror Movies on halloween but my favorites are "The Evil Dead(80s original)""My Blood Valentine"(80s Original)(Yes I know it isn´t fitting on Halloween),Evil Dead II (More funny than scary)
OMG I watched a movie (forgots its name -.-) but it was about a whole country getting investated by Crows and the way the crows would kill humans is really gruesome D: but it was a scary movie. Now I am paranoid of birds :bag:
I guess you mean Alfred Hitchcock´s The Birds?

Corpse Bride isn´t really a Horror Movie but I always like to watch it.
Good Times before Tim Burton started to make crappy remakes...

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Any Zombie movie as long as it really good nor cheesy

I know these are very family friendly bit I normally end up watching the Corpse Bride & the Nightmare Before Christmas on Halloween as they are real favourites of mine

Reactions: 4362
I also like to watch "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" its a low budgey Monster Movie Spoof from the late 70s

Reactions: Nathansdiary
Horror move question.png

So since it is Halloween, I thought I'd ask a simple question: What's your favorite horror movie? Feel free to comment below your favorite.
(Mine has to be An American Warewolf in London. It was the basic Warewolf formula, but it was a humorous take on the genre.)

the sixth sense, and more

Reactions: Ace
The original Ring film and the Ju-On series (where the Grudge originated from). For me, these are so much better then the original American remakes. Much more creepier, better acting and just better in general.

Actually, thinking about it, most old Japanese horror films I love, much creepier then American blockbusters or whatever.

Reactions: Dark Link
@SpookHuntress Funny you mention that, and Ju-on is one of the characters in my drawing up there. (Yes 9 times outta 10 the original version of any movie is much more atmospheric... I gotta get to watching the original Ju-On.)

Reactions: 28142
Back