Favorite indie game on the eShop?

• Thread starter Doctor Strange
  • Start date
Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange

Master of the Mystic Arts
Towns Folk
There are a lot of indie games out there now, so what's your favorite on the eShop? I personally own Shovel Knight and Gunman Clive 2. Also can't wait for Freedom Planet to come to Wii U. So write your favorite indie game in the commemts.

I really liked Liberation Maiden because it looked very awesome and cool . I played it before and I really liked the story concept and all that . Other than that I would say Gunman Clive because that was a very cool game for such a cheap price . I liked how the effect of the 3ds and the graphics just bend so well together :D

Woah, Dave!

In my opinion, the award goes to Shovel Knight, and I have to say, it's one of the best platformers I've played, to date.
It brings the nostalgic 8-bit feel of the NES games, and adds a whole new modern twist to it. It's very fun to play, and the fights are also pretty memorable. One of the highest rated indie games of all time it is.

Reactions: faustine
Shovel Knight! At first, I can't believe I'm paying $10 (it's on sale that time) of an 8-bit game. But yeah, I've been hooked for awhile, and still wanting more. I'm happy they'll give a DLC for free. :D

Shovel Knight is awesome because of its beautiful 8-bit graphics, the gameplay are like classic nes game such as : Megaman, Ducktales, and castlevaina also Shantae and the pirate's curse because of its metriod style deugons, more powerups, and its gameplay is better than the previous games. I'm glad that I bought both games when they was for discount.
Honorable mentions goes to; Steamworld dig, the cave, Mighty switch force 1&2, and Azure stricker Gunvolt.

I don't have played many indies but for the ones I've played my favourite is Steamworld Dig (VLR isn't a real indie is it?). It's quite a casual game, but it's fun and it looks good. It's nice when you just want to take your mind of things.

I just have played Mutant Mudds, Liberation Maiden, The "DENPA" Men and Rage of the Gladiator, so between the indie games I've played, my favorite is Liberation Maiden.

I just have played Mutant Mudds, Liberation Maiden, The "DENPA" Men and Rage of the Gladiator, so between the indie games I've played, my favorite is Liberation Maiden.
The Denpa Men isn't really an indie since it's(if I remember well) Nintendo itself that owns the series. Otherwise I'd say I like the Denpa Men 3 more than Steamworld Dig

I love both of the Guman Clives. Pretty simple , but fun overall. Harmoknight is also another on of my favorites. I go back often to get higher scores. Pokemon Battle Trozei is another title I love. I know there's Pokemon Shuffle now, but I honestly like Trozei more .

Honestly I really didn't LOVE Shovel knight or Gunman Clive 2 as much as I thought I would. I mean im still stuck in the seconed level in Gunman Clive 2. I'm not sure if Retro Rampage City DX is considered a Indie game, but if it is well then it's my favourite by far!

I love Shovel Knight! The classic 8 bit style mixes well with the gameplay. Strong platforming and solid gameplay make it very fun to play. Plus, free DLC is a strong plus. Azure Striker Gunvolt is a close second. I found the story to be fun and exciting. The boss fights are great in that game.

I've heard a lot of good things about shovel knight I really need to get it ^-^ Also freedom planet is coming to the wii U right? I better start saving up, so many great indie games it's hard to choose which I'll get!

I recently played through SteamWorld Dig, and I've gotta say: I loved every second of it! Slowly progressing deep down into a mine with eerie music playing is somehow enjoyable. It's a pretty short game, but there's a lot of content within it, which is one of the things I genuinely liked about the game!

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse! ^o^

It's really fun and I love the story. And sprites, sprites! I'd take sprites over 3D models and this toon boom thing any day!

Too Many Indian games, I mean indie games mine is pokemon alpha saphfire, my favorite pokemon is charizard he is cool a fire flying dragon with he he wings and hugetail he can kill pokemon with1 move flamethrower mine shiny lvl 100 I had to keep restarting the game together a shiny one
-King Leinad

My favorite indie game on the eshop is Shovel Knight. It's amazing because it uses levels from other games. Also I think Shovel Knight should be in Smash. So that is why Shovel Knight is my favorite indie game on the eshop.

I heard many good reviews for Shovel Night, especially from my friends. But I especially love Cave Story. It is one of the best indie games that I played and it was amazing. The story made sense and your decisions affect the ending. I especially love the sound track. My personal favorites are the Bushlands and the corrupted Egg Corrider.

My favorite eshop indie game is probably shovel knight. When I played it, I could not put my 3ds down. It was so addicting. My favorite part of shovel knight was fighting the bosses. Some bosses were very hard to beat but the game was still fun. Shovel knight has a cool design and he has a strange weapon, which is a shovel. I recommend this game to anybody who is a fan of indie games. I think that this is one of the best games on the eshop.

Reactions: Doctor Strange
My favorite eshop indie game is probably shovel knight. When I played it, I could not put my 3ds down. It was so addicting. My favorite part of shovel knight was fighting the bosses. Some bosses were very hard to beat but the game was still fun. Shovel knight has a cool design and he has a strange weapon, which is a shovel. I recommend this game to anybody who is a fan of indie games. I think that this is one of the best games on the eshop.
Ditto. Shovel Knight for Smash?

Back