Favorite Mario spin-off game?

• Thread starter Bulbakid
  • Start date
Bulbakid

Bulbakid

~ahuhuhu~
Towns Folk
My favorite is the Mario and Luigi series because Bowser's inside story was my first and favorite Mario game. I mean the Mario RPG's are really tough compared to modern Mario games *cough Wii U cough* and it is really fun and interesting. The backstories are just phenomenal! They can take just a simple character and turn them into what we players love today.

Reactions: Kadaj
I like games like Mario Party and Mario Kart. Those games are fun to play, even though they are intended to be played with your family and friends. I do play Mario Kart with some of my friends, but Mario Party, not so much. My friends and I enjoy Mario Kart even more than Mario Party

My favorite Mario spin off series is the Mario Party Series. It was originally full of quirks and innovative concepts that slowly began to boil down to a common formula as the series continued. The minigmaes have always been hectic and (mostly) quite fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite mario spin-off series is also the Mario and Luigi Series. It was a fun, long lasting series of games that made you smile every playthrough because of all the wacky things that would happen. They always would have a new gimmick in each one too! It was fun playing each one and the series will always be great to me.

I have a lot of favorites so let me include some other ones my other favorite Spin offs are Mario and Luigis Bowsers Inside story I used to own it for a year until I later got bored of it and then lost it in my garage when I lost it I kept looking for I ,but I didn't find it probably one of my cousins found it and took it home so they could play it and didn't tell me I hate how I always lose games so easy.:p

Mario Kart if it's considered a spin-off of Mario games <3

Never liked any of the RPGs (I played a demo once and never finished it) and I'm no fan of Luigi's Mansion.

My favorite is the Mario and Luigi series because Bowser's inside story was my first and favorite Mario game. I mean the Mario RPG's are really tough compared to modern Mario games *cough Wii U cough* and it is really fun and interesting. The backstories are just phenomenal! They can take just a simple character and turn them into what we players love today.

Id have to say the mario party games :p they're a great way to enjoy free time or burn the clock when im sick and can't go anywhere because of it. I know they're kinda repetitive which might make this sound awkward, but i have been a mario party fan since 15 so ive been into them a while

Mario and Luigi. Great games I hope they make a new version on the switch. :D

Mario & Luigi series are pretty good in my opinion. My favorite Mario spin off is Dream Team.

Reactions: GamerDudeXXX
Luigi's mansion is my favorite Mario spinoff. The control is top notch, the puzzle solving elements mildly enjoyable, and the house a big, unexplored thing overflowing with spirits. Plus, the title is practically overflowing with Nintendo character which is demonstrated in everything from the goofy music to the way Luigi cries in comical fear after being scared by a ghost. The problem is that the game doesn't really offer much in the vein of variety. Exploring room after room and hallway after hallway only to suck up ghost after ghost becomes redundant.

Reactions: Kadaj
I really loved the Mario & Luigi games like everyone else. :D
I also liked the Paper Mario series

Bowsers Inside Story and Partners in Time were some of my
favourite Mario games. They did actually have difficulty which was fun.

I haven't played Thosuand Year Door, which apparently was an amazing game in the paper
series. But I've played Super Paper Mario and seen lps on the other games.
These games were also really fun as a kid!

I would normally say Mario kart, but that has pretty much become it's own franchise to me by now. It feels more like a series of it's own rather than a mario spin-off.

So for that I will say Luigi's Mansion. It's a lot of fun to play with my friends. I haven't played many mario games though since I am not a huge fan so I don't have a huge array of mario games to choose from. Idk, maybe if I tried Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom battle it will be my favourite game of all time! Who knows?

I would normally say Mario kart, but that has pretty much become it's own franchise to me by now. It feels more like a series of it's own rather than a mario spin-off.

So for that I will say Luigi's Mansion. It's a lot of fun to play with my friends. I haven't played many mario games though since I am not a huge fan so I don't have a huge array of mario games to choose from. Idk, maybe if I tried Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom battle it will be my favourite game of all time! Who knows?

If you want suggestions i highly recommend super mario maker, thats my eternal favorite concerning mario games. Yeah, i know the amount of junk online is kinda heavy, but let's put that aside here and say there's no right or wrong way to make levels: you decide how to make them.

Sure, we have a big list of 'don't do this, do this instead' because we want a fair challenge without the level being based on luck (what ive called the guessing game in some cases) or so insanely difficult it just takes the fun out of it, but in the end it really falls on the user to decide how and how not to make a level. There's an endless supply of levels to make and its an excellent way to pass the time if you're bored with nothing important to work on in my opinion. :p

There's just so many ways to enjoy this game its hard not to love in my opinion ! I apologize for getting off topic though, just made a suggestion to you >~<

If you want suggestions i highly recommend super mario maker, thats my eternal favorite concerning mario games. Yeah, i know the amount of junk online is kinda heavy, but let's put that aside here and say there's no right or wrong way to make levels: you decide how to make them.

Sure, we have a big list of 'don't do this, do this instead' because we want a fair challenge without the level being based on luck (what ive called the guessing game in some cases) or so insanely difficult it just takes the fun out of it, but in the end it really falls on the user to decide how and how not to make a level. There's an endless supply of levels to make and its an excellent way to pass the time if you're bored with nothing important to work on in my opinion. :p

There's just so many ways to enjoy this game its hard not to love in my opinion ! I apologize for getting off topic though, just made a suggestion to you >~<
Uhm, I don't have a wii u, I have a 3ds and Nintendo switch (the one person on a nintendo forum without a wii u). I heard the game is great, it's a shame that the 3ds version doesn't have online..

Super Princess Peach~

Mario Kart, by far. I love Mario kart so much and to me it is kind of hard to call it a spinoff, when reality it really is. I like the idea of Mario Party, it's kind of cool. All though I have to say that you don't even need to play Mario Party 10 to see how awful it is. Unless Mario Party turns itself around, I won't be getting another Mario Party game anytime soon. I also like the Mario sports games. They're just fun and goofy, and put a nice twist on the different sports. I know they're not to be taken too seriously but they are still pretty fun.

@Marc it's a shame you've never really liked any of the RPGs. Which one did you try? If it was sticker star I would say try another one as nobody really liked that game at all from what I've heard. I would recommend you try something from the mario and luigi series, or paper mario thousand year door as supposedly that is phonemail (never played it myself.). So I would try that or bowser's inside story. Like the other Mario and Luigi games, inside story is a silly game that can be hilarious and pretty hard all at the same time. Also, you get to play as Bowser! (Although you do have to fight him later on). But it is a very cool game, I recommend you try it. Or if not, watch a let's play of it and see what you think. You might like it.

My favorite spin-off series would have to be Paper Mario and Mario Party.

Mario Kart. Really fun to play with family and friends :3

I like most of them them anyways though, not very picky. Mario games are generally well made.

Mario Party is pretty good if the games are fun to play.

Back