Favorite Monsters in Monster Hunter Games(share yours)

• Thread starter Fantivity
  • Start date
Fantivity

Fantivity

The Miitopia Emblem Designer
Towns Folk
My Top 10 favorite Monsters
My opinion u can have your own.
This list can include the subspecies as they can sometimes behave differently than the main species.
latest

The Zinogre- By far my favorite Monster not only does it look cool but its theme is great to, and although though I prefer the Stygian Zinogres coloring the armor for the regular Zinogre is what I prefer most look wise. I also like how it's a challenge to fight.
Number 2
latest

The Astalos- man this Monster is good looking as is it's armor. It's theme is great and it's fun to fight. It's attacks are very predictable and easy to dodge unless u hasn't fought it before like I had in Monster hunter generations.
latest

The Kirin- nothing I like more than a electric unicorn XD, it's a very pretty monster that's for sure, but don't underestimate it, it packs a punch for being small. And we can all agree that all the types of Kirin and it's armor on female avatars is pretty interesting XD, must be why I don't use the armor just the weapons.

number 4
ba55b0dc663a8664d192e4dfe1f2edc3.jpg

The White Fatalis- it is now that I question if I just like monsters who fling electric around XD. Anyways the white fatalis is a menace to fight, as a subspecies to the regular fatalis he is sure a pain in the butt, but man is he quite interesting to look at just don't look to long or else you might die XD
latest

DreadKing Rathalos- ah the rathalos in pretty much every monster hunter game...well the original form anyways. In my opinion the dreadking rathalos is the best looking and is also probably the most difficult form to fight. His armor is incredibly good as well.
latest

Number 6
The Gammoth- I can't tell is this monster a elephant at a mammoth, I'm guessing it's more mammoth since it lives in a Ivey environment and uses ice attacks. It has a great theme as well, of course most of the monsters on my list have a good theme.
latest

The Mizutsune- yeah I hate pink but this majestic agile monster is beautiful and looks good in pink. Makes me like it's armor despite it being pink. It's attacks are water based makes bubbles dangerous and as always I love its theme.

Number 8
The Shah Dalamadur- I love snakes especially this giant snake. It's design is great and as a giant snake it can be difficult To get to at times. Its also very interesting to look at.
latest

The Teostra- I hate this thing so ....exsplosive and quick although its weapons are awesome. I have never fought the female equivalent of the teostra aka the lunastra so I don't know if it acts the same as the teostra or not.

Number 10
The chaos gore Magala- I absolutely despised this thing when I first started monster hunter this thing was the bane of my existence and although I can handle fighting shagaru magala and the regular gore magala I still can not fight this thing and win by myself.
So now that u have read my list I'd like to know all of yours.

Haha! Sorry but my number 1 is your number 10 :p
And I only have a top 6. The other monsters are great but they don't stand out that much. Well the Lagiacrus with the underwater battle would stand out, but I never fought it so I can't tell if I like it or not.

Chaos Gore Magala
I love everything in that monster. It's a monster that tried to evolve and failed in the middle of the process to become some irregularity, and everything about it respects that. Its moveset is something between the Gore and the Shagaru, which makes it very annoying to fight when you fought the other two because you think you know the attacks but they're variants, and they're powerful variants too.

But obviously what I love most about that monster is its music. The only irregular music in the whole MH4U game, for the most irregular monster it has. And it mixes parts from the Gore and Shagaru themes for even more awesomeness.

Gogmazios
Now, this thing you know, high as a skycraper. It came to destroy the city out of boredom or something, the city used a Dragonator on it... and it didn't kill it lol. And then when it comes back, it still has that Dragonator across the chest. And you're a team of 4 hunters facing that, your weapons not being bigger than toothpicks for the Gogmazios and knowing that a Dragonator doesn't kill it. And you want to kill it. That city has funny jokes.

But obviously once again, what I love most about that monster is its music. Or rather its musics. You've gone through low-rank, high-rank and g-rank. You think you've heard every music in the game. And then you hear Gogmazios Phase 1. A music made to impress for an impressive monster. I like how there is almost a communist touch to it all. The Gogmazios in itself isn't really original, it's just... BIG. And the music is exactly that too, it doesn't have complicated themes and all but it abuses loud and low notes in copper instruments.

And then you know, after failing the quest quite some amount of time, you think you're getting the hang of it and you're almost bored because not so much happens during the battle... That's because you never saw the Phase 2 yet :p
The music changes and you're like "WHAT?!", understanding that this was just the beginning. That thing actually flies and fires lasers and produces explosive slime. The music isn't just impressive now, it's most of all faster.

But don't worry, if you don't like that music, you can have a third one :D
And not any music, the Monster Hunter theme. Just don't fail when using the big cannon.

Now I'm done with my two big favorites, the rest isn't going to be as long :p
And these 4 are unordered. I don't necessarily like the Glavenus better than the Nargacuga.

Glavenus
A blade as a tail?? Awesome! Sharpening it then releasing it in a circular motion? Perfect for players with the Adept style :D

Rajang
I'm not even describing this one. It's just great in a game because you're sure never to get bored when fighting it, but otherwise I don't really want it to exist in real life :D

Molten Tigrex
I just love one thing with it: the fact that everytime you start a battle, you think "wait, why did I find it hard last time?" because it starts very slowly. But then it gets angry and you get rekt :p

Nargacuga
You know why. Yeah, the armor too, but not just that :p

Nice my mhgen game reset itself so I've started the game again with kick perhaps you would like to hunt sometime in mh4u or mhgen
Haha! Sorry but my number 1 is your number 10 :p
And I only have a top 6. The other monsters are great but they don't stand out that much. Well the Lagiacrus with the underwater battle would stand out, but I never fought it so I can't tell if I like it or not.

Chaos Gore Magala
I love everything in that monster. It's a monster that tried to evolve and failed in the middle of the process to become some irregularity, and everything about it respects that. Its moveset is something between the Gore and the Shagaru, which makes it very annoying to fight when you fought the other two because you think you know the attacks but they're variants, and they're powerful variants too.

But obviously what I love most about that monster is its music. The only irregular music in the whole MH4U game, for the most irregular monster it has. And it mixes parts from the Gore and Shagaru themes for even more awesomeness.

Gogmazios
Now, this thing you know, high as a skycraper. It came to destroy the city out of boredom or something, the city used a Dragonator on it... and it didn't kill it lol. And then when it comes back, it still has that Dragonator across the chest. And you're a team of 4 hunters facing that, your weapons not being bigger than toothpicks for the Gogmazios and knowing that a Dragonator doesn't kill it. And you want to kill it. That city has funny jokes.

But obviously once again, what I love most about that monster is its music. Or rather its musics. You've gone through low-rank, high-rank and g-rank. You think you've heard every music in the game. And then you hear Gogmazios Phase 1. A music made to impress for an impressive monster. I like how there is almost a communist touch to it all. The Gogmazios in itself isn't really original, it's just... BIG. And the music is exactly that too, it doesn't have complicated themes and all but it abuses loud and low notes in copper instruments.

And then you know, after failing the quest quite some amount of time, you think you're getting the hang of it and you're almost bored because not so much happens during the battle... That's because you never saw the Phase 2 yet :p
The music changes and you're like "WHAT?!", understanding that this was just the beginning. That thing actually flies and fires lasers and produces explosive slime. The music isn't just impressive now, it's most of all faster.

But don't worry, if you don't like that music, you can have a third one :D
And not any music, the Monster Hunter theme. Just don't fail when using the big cannon.

Now I'm done with my two big favorites, the rest isn't going to be as long :p
And these 4 are unordered. I don't necessarily like the Glavenus better than the Nargacuga.

Glavenus
A blade as a tail?? Awesome! Sharpening it then releasing it in a circular motion? Perfect for players with the Adept style :D

Rajang
I'm not even describing this one. It's just great in a game because you're sure never to get bored when fighting it, but otherwise I don't really want it to exist in real life :D

Molten Tigrex
I just love one thing with it: the fact that everytime you start a battle, you think "wait, why did I find it hard last time?" because it starts very slowly. But then it gets angry and you get rekt :p

Nargacuga
You know why. Yeah, the armor too, but not just that :p
v

My favorite monster in the entire series would probably go to the Tigrex form Monster Hunter 4. I loved the design of the monster, as well as its varied style of attacks and interesting chase mechanisms. I thought it was a really cool fight throughout the battle, which is something I can really only say about a handful of the monsters, whose battles often turned tedious after more than a few minutes.

In no order:
Brute Tigrex: I like it much better than normal Tigrex, as I feel like it's pattern is more easily readable.
Brachydios: I love his gimmick, his theme is cool and his weapons are pretty good.
Daimyo Hermitaur: At this point in the game, I had just beaten Shagaru Magala and i was pretty pleased with myself, and went into this fight expecting an easy crab... i was wrong and he triple carted me back to Dundorma. I like how he fights differently from the normal monsters.
Gore/Shagaru: for just looking insanely cool and having such epic themes.
Seregios: I like how he constantly keeps you on your toes in a really fast-paced fight.
Ukanlos: Has more attack variety than Akantor and has a cooler theme.
Zamtrios: A shark with legs; need i say more?
Yian Garuga: A complete breeze with Earplugs and Negate poison, and a good lesson to those who underestimate the Kut-ku's
Dalamadur: Such an epic fight....... the first time around.

Back