• Thread starter Legends di Angelo
  • Start date

How do you feel on optional items

• Total voters
Legends di Angelo

Legends di Angelo

A Gaming Legend
Towns Folk
So in the Legend of Zelda games you get to choose from a large arsenal of weapons that you get from playing the game. But most of them are required to defeat a temple and or a boss fight. But what about the weapons that you don't need or optional. Everyone always praises the bow, boomerang, or the hookshots but I never hear about Dins fire or the great fairy tears. So how about we talk about those items for a change. Please list your 3 favorite optional items, what game they are from, and why you like them. That includes bonus items, bottle items, Easter eggs, mask, and upgrades. Mine are:
1:Dins fire- Who doesn't like burning a entire map of enemy's in one hit (Ocerina of time)
2:Stamina beetle- It's really cool and helps scope out the area so you know what to expect. (Skyward sword)
3:Hawk mask + Bow- Link just became a sniper.(Twilight princess)

In albw I LOVED the super net. It was like a spin attack that you didn't need to charge and it allowed you to put things in bottles oh and did I mention it was a spin attack THAT YOU DIDNT NEED TO CHARGE. Not to mention it's butterfly net that you can kill PigYuga with LOL.

I actually liked Din's Fire, and Farore's Wind as well :p Din's Fire was really useful in Ocarina of Time where a torch thing needed to be lit and if sniping skills with the bow was not good. I also use it frequently to try and kill enemies, though some of them are unaffected ;-;

I can also say the Medallions from ALTTP, though technically you need them to open some dungeons. I liked using the Fire one in the Ice Temple :p

Din's Fire was awesome was helpful as well as fun. Ocarina of Time(which I only played last year :p) turns out to be one of my favorite Zelda games of all time they have a few optional items and the ones that they do are actually useful not just cool!

The super lamp in A link between worlds was the best xD that thing was awesome and i just went to the treacherous tower and made a no-hit run with just the super net, super lamp and my shield, it was fu, i also like the sniper thingy in twilght princess but i got it too late, the pictobox that has colors in windwaker was aweosme too

The fierce deity Mask. I love to just shred bosses using that mask. The final boss becomes a joke if you have that item but it makes fishing in Majoras Mask 3d hilarious so thats probably my favourite optional item.

Do bottles count? If so the bottle is definitely my favorite optional item, especially the games in which you can collect more than 2 bottles (pretty much all of them). I though that a lot of the Wind Waker bottles were hidden in extremely interesting locations that made them even more fun to hunt down.

Back