Favourite combo in Kirby 64?

• Thread starter Zukrad
  • Start date
Zukrad

Zukrad

Just spam F-Air in the neutral and hope it works.
Towns Folk
Kirby 64 is one of my favourite Kirby games ever, and combining powers was really cool

ITT: Favourite Kirby 64 ability (can be in utility, aesthetically, or just becuase is fun to use it)

>>Link to all the names and gifs to use here<<

By far my favourite was the Exploding Shuriken (Bomb+Cutter)
Kirby64BombCutter.gif

Really fast, powerful, extremely accurate and easily spammable, it was great against bosses too
It comparison to every other ability in the game, is the one with the less start lag and end lag, which is fantastic, specially considering that most of the abilities in this game are really slow. As a bonus, you can get this combo in the very first level of the game, which is freacking great.

Shout-out to Ice Skates (Ice+Cutter) for having the fastest travel speed of all the Kirby forms in the game, and Melting Ice Cube (Fire-Ice) for being the worst ability in the series EVER
Kirby64CutterIce.gif

Kirby64BurnIce.gif

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64 and Marc
I love Kirby 64! Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to to try it out during my childhood, but thanks to the Wii VC I got this game ^-^ I've played through it a couple times, and I really like the concept of mixing copy abilities, I'd love to see this feature come back in some way in a future Kirby game.

That being said, my favorite copy ability combination was the Fireworks! (Bomb + Fire). It's quick to activate, and hits can be chained for extra damage :D It's a more close range ability but it's radius increases with each hit (up to 3).

Kirby64BombBurn.gif

I'd also like to mention Fridge Kirby (Spark + Ice). Not the most powerful ability, but hey, an infinite source of self-generated food sounds incredibly convenient.

Kirby64IceSpark.gif

Reactions: Zukrad, Starry Windy and Kitsune_Sakura64
I always thought that this was one of the most unique concepts ever included in a Kirby game, and one that I was happy to be able to experience over the Virtual Console. My favorite combo would have to be the exploding snowman (ice+bomb), as it was extremely powerful as well as hilarious looking.

My favorite ability was Cutter-Spark
Kirby64CutterSpark.gif
Because you got a double ended beam sword! It was fun swinging it around pretending kirby was in star wars! I liked this ability because of its range and how it was fun to use! I hope is in the kirby switch game too! I really liked this ability and it will have a special place in my heart.

Reactions: Zukrad
239DFD06-29E1-46EA-956F-8427BCC03159.gif
I liked this one, when i got it anyway.

While i loved the combo abilities, but some of them were super disturbing, like how cutter is literally throwing your face off..

View attachment 18587
I liked this one, when i got it anyway.

While i loved the combo abilities, but some of them were super disturbing, like how cutter is literally throwing your face off..
That one creeps me out. Kirby don't throw your face off!

The cutter spark one was really good in my opinion.

Back