Features you want added to the Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
My list is :
  • Power off button on the home menu (not just sleep mode).
  • Themes / wallpapers - I'd rather have the ability to upload my own wallpaper.
  • Folders - not sure if this is already possible but it'd be nice to have.
  • Save screenshots or 30 second videos to the SD card (if not possible already).
What features do you want Nintendo to add to the Nintendo Switch?

Reactions: Mikaya
I agree with themes/wallpapers that sounds cool like the 3ds ones. Only other thing I'd want is the fReAkInG Virtual Console come on Nintendo you know I'll buy earthbound like 26372 different times why don't you cash in?????

theme i want themes and online texting to frineds

Themes, folders (most defiantly folders, please Nintendo <3) and online chatting. I know there's voice chat for Splatoon 2, but I think messaging might be nice as well.

The ability to nickname people on your friend list would be cool too.

If you hold down the powe button on the home menu click power options than click power off it shuts it down but yeah nice list :D

Internet browser is all I need really

Internet browser is all I need really
YESYES! I don't know if I'm a minority here, but I used the Wii U browser quite often. It was pretty convinient when I needed to check something real quick and didn't have my phone nearby.

What features I would like added to the Switch in the order of priority (for me at least).

1) A rating system in the Switch eShop for the games, similar to the 1-5 stars in the 3DS eShop. I would really like to have a ballpark figure on what is crap and what might be worth looking into or buying.

2) Folders to organize the Switch's screen and categorize my games.

3) Themes, the ones on the Switch now are just plain and boring.

Reactions: Samster, Marc and AricAttack
What I would love on the Nintendo Switch is folders (definitely folders, or I will lose my mind), new themes, and the ability to backup your saves. I guarentee tht when Nintendo finally releases Nintendo Switch rewards on My Nintendo, there will be themes. What would also be nice is to have a power button on the HOME Munu, rather than just on the console.
@Marc Thoought of you when I said that.

Folders, wallpapers, my Nintendo access for trading coins for funds and other such things, developed e-shop so that its not so tedious to find good games, (maybe) 2 or 3 tile rows to allow a more compact home screen(as an option), online messaging (even if through twitter and Facebook), Internet browser and YouTube (and other video streaming apps).

more experimental ideas include:
a compact audio jack dongle that allows for receiving Bluetooth audio from the phone chat app to be sent wired or even wirelessly with game audio to a headset. The latency of the chat matters less than the game and this would be a convenient solution to the chat issues. The device could be low profile with no cables to sit on top of the switch.
-The other solution is to add built-in chat.
Nintendo SwitchTM Chat Dongle.fw.png
a dongle that interfaces flush with the bottom of the system for a better stand, charging solution and maybe even audio(press in volume control to toggle) and toggle-able dock mode!
Nintendo SwitchTM Ultra Portable Dock.png
Development joy cons that allows for hardware configuring like an arduino or raspberry pi > i/o pins, along with a game cart/software that lets you program stuff. the components could be from Nintendo to insure compatibility with the visual programming blocks. This is more of a software idea but its a significant hardware addition too!

I am a bit worried when sharing my designs online as i'm sure they will be stolen. But what the hell, I want them to be a reality XD

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
Here are some of the features I want on the Switch, in no particular order.
  • Ability to pause or manage downloads. I think it would be nice if I can set which games will get downloaded first when I purchase the games or download the demo at once. This would be very helpful if I wanted to prioritize smaller games over huge ones without having to start the download of the latter all over again.
  • New themes other than the usual black and white. And speaking of which...
  • Have the theme tied to the users if possible, so multiple users can customize their personal look on Switch menu. It can also help differentiate which user's on the Switch at the moment.
  • Proper Chinese language support for the Switch. For now, the Switch seems to support Chinese language in-game, but the menu is still on English atm, so having proper Chinese in-menu might be nice as well.

Back