FEWarriors:Disappointment?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
As a Dynasty Warriors fan and a Fire Emblem fan, I was excited for Fire Emblem Warriors. I have spent hundreds of hours on Hyrule Warriors, and I felt the team would help bring out that same joy and wonder from the Fire Emblem series. That is not the case.

I will admit the game is still good and it brings out the best as a Fire Emblem spinoff. But the game is still a rather lackluster one. One of the biggest problems is with the character roster. The roster is primarily filled with only characters from the 2 newest Fire Emblem games, as well as some from Marth's games. It's sad that they even left Ike out of the game, and he is one of the best known besides Marth.

Whats worse is the game already showed its future DLC plans, and 2 of the future DLC packs are filled with characters from the same games as almost the entire roster of the game. I love the game having a big roster, but when the roster only takes characters from very few games, that just feels a bit cheap to Fire Emblem fans who wanted characters from the Sacred Stones or the Path of Radiance.

It's sad to see a Fire Emblem spinoff like this be so excluded from the other games, and only sticking to the newer ones. Guess we will have to wait for that good ol DLC

Reactions: Ethendor, Ashkil and Marc
As soon as I found out it was going to be like Dynasty Warriors, I lost all interest :panda:

It is quite a sneaky move. A large part of the draw of Hyrule Warriors was the roster, and using all those iconic characters. Considering many of the current players of FE are those who got in after Awakening, it's quite jarring to see that there are so few of the new characters. I'd love to play as Silas or Odin (or Tharja @Marc ), which makes this a disappointing move.

The gameplay will probably be quite a bit of fun. I thought Hyrule Warriors was far better than Dynasty Warriors, and this will hopefully follow suit

I never had any great expectations. I've yet to play a Dynasty Warriors game, though I've considered buying Hyrule Warriors (and I still may if I find it cheap somewhere), and the moment it was announced I knew there would be mostly Awakening and Fates characters. It's a good business move, but fans of the older games may (and many do) feel overlooked in favour of newer fans who got into the series through Awakening or Fates.

It may be fun to play, but it's fanservice for characters I care little for, which doesn't warrant a purchase for me.

I liked Hyrule Warriors so I was excited for Fire Emblem Warriors but then a ton of stuff happened here was my hype level in more detail. "Ooh a Fire Emblem Warrior game this looks fun", shows only Fates and Awakening characters "That's stupid I want this to be a celebration of all the Fire Emblem games well there is always DLC those might have the rest of the characters", shows that DLC also only has Fates and Awakening "Nevermind I'm not getting this game anymore this is stupid every game should get represented

Hyrule Warriors was one of my favorite Wii U games ever!(besides Splatoon.)And as soon as I found out it was on the 3DS, I bought it on launch day. But Fire Emblem Warriors? It looks cool, but I don't think I'm wiling to buy it for $40 (if you're buying it on the 3DS) or $60 ( if you're buying it one the Nintendo Switch. I've never had a strong interest in the Fire Emblem series at all until I saw this. The only reason I would think about buying this is because I'm hoping the story line is captivating and it's a lot like Hyrule Warriors. If not, then count me out.

Hyrule warriors is my only exposure to Dynasty Warriors. But I feel it's cheap. (Its in no way the game's fault, I guess I've been spoiled by the likes of Devil May Cry, or Bayonetta.) There's no real strategy in the fighting, and it's more a button masher than something more serious.

Back