Galaxy Style N3DS XL Revealed and Available in North America

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Another N3DS XL is available in North America and this time it's a galaxy theme version. The news came in a while ago from Nintendo of America's official Twitter account.

You can take a look at some of its photos in the spoilers below :

fibL8xL.jpg

gFGSMNJ.jpg

b3eNurB.jpg

The console will be priced at $199.99 US and it will not be bundled with any games (officially).

What do you think? :D

Reactions: Kadaj and spagooti
That's a really lame design TBH. It's not really the best galaxy design and I honestly prefer no design

The top looks cool. Better than just a solid color, but the rest is just the same as the blue one. If I was going to get a "New" 3ds, I'd choose this, but since I already have one I probably never will. (And only if it was the same price. I ain't paying more for some silly paint job.)

It looks like they ripped an image off of Google

Reactions: sanwich, Eric Cartman, 423 and 4 others
Eh I don't see why they're bothering to release new color variants tbh. Just release the thing as a n3ds plate instead of making people buy the system to get it

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
It looks like they ripped an image off of Google
Eh I don't see why they're bothering to release new color variants tbh. Just release the thing as a n3ds plate instead of making people buy the system to get it
My thoughts exactly lmao

You missed the part where we say it's an XL.

Anyways, I don't like it at all. I mean, purple is my favorite color but what is a galaxy supposed to do on the cover? It's more appropriate on the desktop background, not on the shell. And why on earth is the inside blue? It looks like they tried too hard to get a new model too fast and just decided to recycle the old blue New 3DS XL with the first image that came to their mind printed on the shell. And they were so lazy they didn't even edit the "front" image and the bottom plate is still the one from the old blue New 3DS XL instead of being the purple one...

You missed the part where we say it's an XL.

Anyways, I don't like it at all. I mean, purple is my favorite color but what is a galaxy supposed to do on the cover? It's more appropriate on the desktop background, not on the shell. And why on earth is the inside blue? It looks like they tried too hard to get a new model too fast and just decided to recycle the old blue New 3DS XL with the first image that came to their mind printed on the shell. And they were so lazy they didn't even edit the "front" image and the bottom plate is still the one from the old blue New 3DS XL instead of being the purple one...
No I saw that, but I still stand by the idea of just making this a n3ds plate as opposed to making yet another color variant of the system. There's no reason this HAS to be XL after all

No I saw that, but I still stand by the idea of just making this a n3ds plate as opposed to making yet another color variant of the system. There's no reason this HAS to be XL after all
Ah, well yes and no. I mean, they could indeed release it as a faceplate too, but it's still good that XL users have more choice since they don't even have the faceplate option.

Just remember about the launch, we only had black, blue and red for the New XL. I hate all these colors. I had to wait for the Fates limited edition to have a white one that didn't look upside down (such as the Animal Crossing one), and only months after that one they finally made a real white one. That's ridiculous. Meanwhile, non-XL users had white at launch AND faceplate customization (and they're not even upside down). That's completely unfair.

I honestly don't care about the colours and design but for $199.99 that is way better then the $300 we have to pay here!

No Super Mario Galaxy 3D, no buy :p

Honestly, it looks cool and all, but it has an overall lazy design. In my opinion, they shouldn't release these, they should just make some plate covers and/or silicone cases instead. I doubt people who already have a 3DS would actually buy this to be honest. I mean, galaxy designs are really popular, and the craze hasn't really died down. I don't really see what people see in it, but hey, galaxy is pretty cool. It's just that I don't obsess over it like how most people do :p

On the note of "Super Mario Galaxy 3D", I think that would be a really cool idea, as long as it's paired up with the galaxy 3DS in a bundle!~

Galaxy designs can be cool, but purple has been beaten to death on them and something that looks like a stock photo isn't cool.

Reactions: Natsu Swagneel
The top looks cool. Better than just a solid color, but the rest is just the same as the blue one. If I was going to get a "New" 3ds, I'd choose this, but since I already have one I probably never will. (And only if it was the same price. I ain't paying more for some silly paint job.)
Exactly. The top is beautiful but the details don't match and all the rest of this thing is just bland dark blue. I just know they can do better than this.

Another N3DS XL is available in North America and this time it's a galaxy theme version. The news came in a while ago from Nintendo of America's official Twitter account.

fibL8xL.jpg

gFGSMNJ.jpg

b3eNurB.jpg

The console will be priced at $199.99 US and it will not be bundled with any games (officially).

I much like it, its a beautiful design hehe :p id gladly save to get it but i already have red new 3ds xl so i likely wont for those reasons. :p i wont be much surprised if a bunch of persons out there go buying it though, i know quite well how people in general work with this kinda stuff an a lots of others things too kek. :p me personally, im not so impressionable like that (if that's the word, idk sorry guys but hope you get me here). Im not reeled in the way lots others are. An im also more patient then those types; i focus on doing stuff right rather then make max haste out of desperate like most do. Oh well kek :p

There was a reveal trailer about this. The design is awesome and cool and all but that's just it. Nothing new but the design

fibL8xL.jpg

gFGSMNJ.jpg

b3eNurB.jpg

#savage

Meh I'm not really a big fan of the xl family to begin with or the galaxy design. I would rather get the new regular 3ds super Mario edition for $99.
885x.jpg

Meh I'm not really a big fan of the xl family to begin with or the galaxy design. I would rather get the new regular 3ds super Mario edition for $99.
885x.jpg

No? Wow i love the new 3ds xl! Its nice to play games like mario 3d land on a bigger screen without having to rely on emulators used with big screen and so forth, i will be honest here when i say i question that emulator stuff being legal, i have my doubts of such for personal reasons...

Even if it is legal, I can only imagine the insane lag that would come with a 3ds emulator kek, me personally i can picture that moving slower than a snail lol :p

Idk even if that exists but oh well :p back on topic though the new 3ds xl was my first large screen portable system, and i loved it the minute i loaded resident evil Revelations into it which i played on it first since that's my favorite 3ds game, it has great quality and i love how smoothly smash bros runs on it and so forth, but i wish theyd release more new games thats system exclusive, that would be a cool thing to see in my opinion! :p

I saw a poster for this 3DS when I was in GameStop picking up Pokemon Sun. It looked like such a nice 3DS too! If my 3DS wasn't already in a good working condition, I'd probably go for that one. Unfortunately, I can't really justify purchasing a new 3DS, even if it does have amiibo support.

Back