Gaming Disorder will be included in the International Classification Of Diseases

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
This year, the World Health Organization will be publishing its 11th International Classification of Diseases index and guess what? "Gaming disorder" will be one of the new additions to the list :eek:
Siliconera said:
Symptoms include impaired control over gaming in terms of frequency and duration, increased priority given to gaming, and continued escalation of the activity despite negative consequences. “Gaming disorder” has previously already been recognized by psychiatrists as a “condition for further study” in the fifth Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, which was published in 2013.
Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/0...sorder-international-classification-diseases/

What do you have to say about this?

Oh boy. Here we go!

Reactions: Marc
If food addiction, social media addiction and another disorder that I can't talk about in front of you children are also recognized as psychological diseases, I guess gaming can be as well. There are some seriously obsessed, annoying, ugly 'hardcore l33t' gamers in the world. Many of them are very childish.

That said, I feel bad for kids who play video games normally, whose parents will read this coverage and cut their gaming time in fear of them having this disorder.

Reactions: Aura Knight and Marc
Back