Good PS4 Games That aren't FPS's

• Thread starter Mr. Kream
  • Start date
Mr. Kream

Mr. Kream

Will Mod Your Soul
Forum Moderator
I'm thinking to buy a PS4 Pro in a few weeks, I'm definitely getting Tekken 7 and pre-ordering FF Dissidia (I'm expecting the story to be trash and the gameplay to be solid), but I haven't been scoping the system, and I don't know what games are out for it yet.
I'm not sure what I should get, so what good games are out?

I'm thinking to buy a PS4 Pro in a few weeks, I'm definitely getting Tekken 7 and pre-ordering FF Dissidia (I'm expecting the story to be trash and the gameplay to be solid), but I haven't been scoping the system, and I don't know what games are out for it yet.
I'm not sure what I should get, so what good games are out?

well Mr Kream, im your go to man for this info.
i can recommend you all kinds of games, but first, i need to know what types of games that you like.
i take it you dont like first person games, so that will remove some games.
but from my personal fav games, i will recommend Horizon Zero Dawn- my personal PS4 game of the year- an open world story driven game that has amazing visuals. you play as Aloy and you use a Bow and different kinds of Arrows and other gadgets to defeat Robot Dinosaurs. The story is amazing, the gameplay is tight and responsive. top notch game. E3 just announced DLC for this game, and i never buy dlc but i will for this game. its just that good of a game and want more of it. watch a trailer or two, and some gameplay

are you looking for exclusive games to ps4? or are multiplatform games ok?
for exclusives i can recommend Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and Collection, The Last of Us Remastered, The Crash Trilogy is coming out in a week or two. Yakuza 0 is great, Yakuza Kawami is coming in august( remake of the first yakuza remake from ground up for ps4). Persona 5, Nier Automata, RIME(not exclusive), Nights of Azure, No Mans Sky( dont listen to the old reviews, they added several huge updates that added a crap ton of new features and stuff, its like a completely different game then when it first came out. a new update is coming out very soon as well)

I'm good with everything but first person shooters, and my favorite genre of games are fighters. Platforms mean nothing to me.

When asking for other's opinions on games, why not list the games that have already caught your attention?

This is the list of games that are what I think is good, despite not having a ps4:

Terraria (1.3 coming soon...)
Binding of Isaac
Enter the Gungeon
Witcher III
Horizon Zero Dawn
NieR: Automata
Tekken 7
Bloodborne
Dark Souls

Yet to be released:
Monster Hunter World
Shadow of the Colossus remake
God of War 4
Last of Us 2

No Mans Sky( dont listen to the old reviews, they added several huge updates that added a crap ton of new features and stuff, its like a completely different game then when it first came out. a new update is coming out very soon as well)

I can actually back up your quote on that. And as someone whom may actually be a player for what looks like to be some kinda promotional thing from hello games for NMS, it looks like the game is gonna get pretty intresting. A word "portal" being a semi-main focus.

But yeah, I don't have a PS4, but I would love one. Mainly to play the Uncharted games, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us Remastered, Until Dawn (not a game for everyone though, the QT events can get highly frustrating at times tbh..), The last Guardian, Bloodborne and a few other games too.

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom was going to be another game on that list, but apparently that was announced recently that it's coming to PC as well :D

If you're into adventure and violence you might be in GTA V you should get it I have GTA for IV and V for the PS3 and they are the best I don't really complete missions all I do is mess around in the game because it's fun and funny I remember when me and my cousin used to play GTA IV last summer everyday because he used to live near me and we would always laugh when we did funny thing in the game so much nostalgia even though it has been 1 year I honestly believe you should get this game and Resident Evil 4 if you're into zombies and shooting and if you're in fighting I recommend you Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 it's awesome and fun it's better than past games.

@SkyHuntress What's Until Dawn?

Update: I now have my PS4, I have Tekken 7, Yakuza 0, and Doom, with Persona 5 and FFXV on the way. I'm definitely considering Horizon Zero Dawn, and The Last Guardian as my next purchases, but I'm unsure what to plan for next. The graphics on Nier Automatica look fun, but Idk anything about that game.

P.S. I'm definitely picking up the most recent copy of Guilty Gear as well.

@SkyHuntress What's Until Dawn?

Update: I now have my PS4, I have Tekken 7, Yakuza 0, and Doom, with Persona 5 and FFXV on the way. I'm definitely considering Horizon Zero Dawn, and The Last Guardian as my next purchases, but I'm unsure what to plan for next. The graphics on Nier Automatica look fun, but Idk anything about that game.

P.S. I'm definitely picking up the most recent copy of Guilty Gear as well.

Until Dawn is a pretty decent horror game, plays a bit like a tell tale game. Contains features like the butterfly effect, good scares, decent story. It does get pretty messed up though, just saying.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/until-dawn-ps4/

I have had horizon zero dawn since day one, and it's one of my fav ps4 games. Really good open world game, but actually has a good story and the side quest actually add to the story along with nice gameplay.

If you have Yakuza 0, then get Yakuza Kawami, it came out last week and is the remade from ground up for ps4 version of the first Yakuza game from ps2 and its only $30.
I love rpg's, but I hated FF15, I played for a weekend, and never picked it up again.
The last guardian isn't a bad game. For me it's a one and done get, it's short and sweet. I would wait for it to keep going down in price before you pick it up.
NieR Automata is another one of my fav ps4 games, it ranks in the tip 5 ps4 games for me. It's am awesome action rpg. Fast paced, a ton of side stuff. But please if you ever get it, don't stop at the first ending. The game had a total of 26 endings, most are joke or funny stuff, like dying at certain parts will get u a ending. But endings A, B, C, D & E are all the main endings and are one long story. Most only do plaything A and then stop, so they are missing most of the story.
Right now I have been playing Everybody's Golf(hot shots golf), it came out last week, and it's just so addicting, and I don't even like golf games. But it'svery good at making you want to keep leveling up. Ha

Back