GrandTheftAutoV coming to Switch?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Following the amazing news of L.A Noire coming to Switch, people have begun to wonder what Rockstar may bring to the system next. Of course, the first thing that came to peoples minds was GrandTheftAuto, and they may not be wrong.

The same person who leaked L.A Noire being made for the switch has come out with a new announcement saying GTAV is also being worked on for the system. Rockstar has yet to confirm or deny this but given the leakers previous history its safe to say something is being done by Rockstar.

So would you be done for a portable version of GTAV?

I thought the leaker only replied "Patience"? Didn't say anything fully, no?

Reactions: VirtulJordan
I thought the leaker only replied "Patience"? Didn't say anything fully, no?
He ended up clarifying his tweets. Saying that his source said that Rockstar was working on a R port for the Switch, but he assumed it had to be GTAV, especially since the game is still being supported with updates. So it's a mix of his sources and estimated guessing.

I'm kinda hoping for Red Dead Redemption since the second one is coming soon, would be a nice bridge but I doubt it.

Would probably buy GTA V again, but do you think they would support GTA Online as well? I'm really unsure about that part.

Reactions: VirtulJordan
I'm kinda hoping for Red Dead Redemption since the second one is coming soon, would be a nice bridge but I doubt it.

Would probably buy GTA V again, but do you think they would support GTA Online as well? I'm really unsure about that part.
Since there are games coming out for the switch that support cross-platform play(Like RocketLeauge) and games that support it in general(Like Doom) I assume they would support it online for the Switch as well.

The Switch doesn't have online open world games currently, only with controlled lobby/games.

So I don't know, with Nintendo's poor online infrastructure, would it really work to have an open world online game?

Reactions: TribstyAnn
The Switch doesn't have online open world games currently, only with controlled lobby/games.

So I don't know, with Nintendo's poor online infrastructure, would it really work to have an open world online game?
We will have to wait and see when they start charging for online support.

Personally, I am not super excited about this piece of news, because GTA V is already a very popular game and I has been played by millions of people. So, I don´t really think that bringing gta v to the switch might guarantee Rockstar a total sales success. Now, let´s just not be pessimistic, this could also be really good because it means that rockstar may keep planning on releasing more games on the nintendo switch, and this is really exciting! Just think about red dead redemption 2 for example! That would be totally awesome!! And I don´t really care if graphically wouldn´t be the same as other versions of the game, you would have RDR 2 on the Switch!!

Back