• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I may have to replace @EliteBeatDiva because she hasn't visited since Sunday and today is Thursday. I really don't want to because she's one of the best battlers on this forum imo and she seems really friendly, but she isn't active :panda:

If you think you have what it takes to become a gym leader and you have time for 3DS Pedia (to have gym battles with others over Wi-Fi in X/Y), please fill out the form below :
Code:
Gym Name:
Theme of Gym: 
Battle Type(s):
Gym Rules:

I'll ask for more details if you become a gym leader.

I'll send you a message and of course, we'll have to battle over Wi-Fi in X/Y, :singing:

Reactions: moon27, partyrockdude96, kazuto123 and 2 others
I'm not worthy! I would be Roark or something XD

Do you have to be Good at competitive play?

Oh. Count me out, sorry.

Just wondering, if somebody wanted to become a gym leader, would that person have to beat you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering, if somebody wanted to become a gym leader, would that person have to beat you?
Either me or I'll handpick an opponent for them.

Reactions: justin
Would we have to battle you with the team we would use for the gym? Or use a team just to (attempt) to beat you then use a different team(s) for the gym?

Would we have to battle you with the team we would use for the gym? Or use a team just to (attempt) to beat you then use a different team(s) for the gym?
Gym team.

I would apply for this but I suck at competitive battling so yeah :p

Good luck to those who do wish to fill this spot though :3

Handpick someone haha XD Marc send out your minions and test the challengers power!!! :hilarious:

Reactions: justin, Ilosteyes, 3dsatackman and 1 other person
Gym Name: The Talisman Badge (because Glimmer in Spyro and the Mine Badge reminds me of it)
Theme of Gym: Kicking butt and taking namez Predicting, stalling, and pressuring (and a gimmick if lucky) using weather and stats to an advantage
Battle types: Singles, Doubles, Multis (may subject to change as time goes on)
Rules: No Endless Battles, Banlist will be setup (no Mega Kang/Legendries), No same Pokemon, Items but Leftys, and Swagger ban, Sleep Clause (may subject to change since I might be missing something)

I've changed much since our last battle Marc :sneaky:... or at least I think so.
Lol Marc, if you are reading this then you know me too well.

Last edited:
Reactions: justin and Marc
Gym Name: Swiftness gym
Theme of Gym: quick plays and predictions
Battle Type(s): Single battles
Gym Rules: Smogon OU rules without talonflame

Gym Name: Surfing team (because I have greninja with protean with really good speed which at first is a water type so that's 1 water type plus my quagsire and azumarill but greninja doesnt really count during battle so you can surf outside of battle, hence the surfing team)
Theme of Gym: prediction/speed/with a good wall
Battle Type(s):single battles
Gym Rules: (I'm making some changes to Wayne's gym rules)
  • Follow Smogon's OU Rules.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:
    • A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.
  • Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  • Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
  • Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
  • No Pokémon may use the move Dark Void.
  • Banned Items: Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Latiosite/latiasite
  • Banned Move: Swagger
Banned pokemon: All ubers

@Marc also if you have to decide between the gym leaders, a battle would do, u dont have to choose who beat you or something but who u think strategy's better or somehting or whatever but also is the playcoin system broken?

@Marc also if you have to decide between the gym leaders, a battle would do, u dont have to choose who beat you or something but who u think strategy's better or somehting or whatever but also is the playcoin system broken?
You don't have to beat me but you have to know how to build a good team, predict, etc and those are some of the things that I'm looking for while we battle. I've already chosen GreenEspeon a couple of days ago but I'm leaving this thread open to consider others for the position in the future.

hey @Marc can i battle you and if i win then i will add name of gym badge ect

Gym name: flame of fury
Theme of gym: Fire the place up
Battle Type: single battle and double
Gym Rules:1) Challenger will use 5 pokemon (both will be using 5 pokemon)
2) pokemon banned: Mewtwo, xerneas, yvletel
3) banned items: Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Latiosite/Latiasite
4) No one hit kill moves allowed
5) The move Swagger is not allowed
6) Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.

That's it.

Gym Name: Extreme Gym
Theme of Gym: Prediction
Battle Type(s): Single and Double Battles
Gym Rules:
Single Battle:
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:
    • A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
    • A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  • Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.
  • Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.
  • Banned Items: Gengarite, Kangaskhanite and Lucarionite.
  • Banned Move/s: Swagger, Dark Void.
Double Battle:
  • Pokémon may be up to level 100.

Gym name:Action gym
Theme of gym:Anime
Battle type:Single Battle only
Gym rules :Mega pokemon are allowed , no restricted pokemon any item is allowed

Gym name: Tea Time gym
Gym theme: Stadium effects (Rain, sandstorm, hail, trick room, Gravity, misty terrain, grassy terrain, electric terrain)
Battle types: VGC doubles, or Kalos born only triple battles
Rules: VGC 2014 (May subject to change after vgc 2015 rules) for doubles. For triples: kalos born pokes only. Banned pokes: mewtwo, xerneas, yvletel, zygard.

Gym Name: Extreme Gym
Theme of Gym: Prediction
Battle Type(s): Single and Double Battles
Gym Rules:
Single Battle:
  • Banned Items: Gengarite, Kangaskhanite and Lucarionite.
  • Banned Move/s: Swagger, Dark Void.
Double Battle:

• Pokémon may be up to level 100.

@Marc. If he's a gym leader then where is his gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back